Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Pathetic Draw Against Perth


    mack

    The Wanderers failed to take advantage of a poor Perth Glory side to draw 1-1 in front of the lowest home A-League crowd ever for the Wanderers.

    The major piece of pre-game news was the loss for Perth of Diego Castro as he suffered an injury during the warmup. He was replaced on the bench by Jake Brimmer. For the Wanderers they were missing Brendan Hamill and Brendon Santalab, with Jack Clisby moving into central defence for the 2nd time this season.

    Western Sydney opened the scoring in the 9th minute. Following a short free kick routing, the ball was cleared by the Perth defence but only as far as Keanu Baccus. The young midfielder fired in a wayward shot that fell to the feet of Bridge, he set himself to shoot on the turn, and perhaps with the aid of a deflection the shot flew past Liam Reddy at the near post.

    Perth hit back instantly from the penalty spot. Joel Chianese was judged to have been cut down by Vederan Janjetovic after the striker got a touch onto a through ball. The replays were far from conclusive but the slight touch from Vedran to the knee of Chianese was enough for VAR to give it the green light. Xavi Torres sent Vedran the wrong way and it was 1-1 inside 15 minutes. Marcelo Carrusca could easily have won a penalty from an identical situation late in the half, but he elected to leap over Reddy and continue the attack.

    In the dying moments of an abysmal second half there was a flurry of drama. Jaushua Sotirio was cut down in a one on one with keeper Reddy and after a VAR delay the card colour was changed from a yellow to a straight red for the keeper. Central defender Dino Djulbic was pressed into action as an auxiliary keeper and he saw Carrusca's free kick blaze over the crossbar. Despite 8 minutes of having a man advantage and a non-keeping keeper, the Wanderers hemmed and hawwed in the backline and couldn't even manage a shot on target.

    Off the pitch the Wanderers decision to ban the RBB from the game resulted in the worst ever home A-League crowd for the club, with just 6,216 fans showing up, in a week where the club handed out hundreds of free tickets. Perhaps this will be a lesson to the club and the FFA to stop chasing the mainstream media and start accepting that football culture isn't going to always be the "family friendly" atmosphere in the AFL or NRL.

    The Wanderers play Wellington on Sunday March 10 at Sydney Showground.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    21 minutes ago, Zakman said:

    The Reddy send off just highlighted Sotirio's lack of quality. A better player would have realised he had the keeper beat and then just have a tap in instead of going for the dive which resulted in a foul outside the box. Still, they persist with him!!!

    Whole situation was a ******* farce. Reddy shouldnt have gone sliding in there, left himself open to the red..but it was piss weak by Sotirio, barely touched by Reddy. Sotirio took a ******* pathetic dive, stayed on his feet then a tap in was possible. Reddy a reckless chunt and Sotirio a spineless pussy.

    And yes we should have had a penna in the last min of injury time. The ref bottled it and got the whistle blew to get outta there quick smart.

    Neither si de looked interested until that last 5 mins.

    Edited by WSWBoro

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 minutes ago, Zakman said:

    The Reddy send off just highlighted Sotirio's lack of quality. A better player would have realised he had the keeper beat and then just have a tap in instead of going for the dive which resulted in a foul outside the box. Still, they persist with him!!!

    I don’t get all the banter on Sot’s

     

    His last 4 games with at least 10 mins on pitch:

    Opening goal Vs Central Coast

    Subbed on gets a goal vs Wellington

    Subbed on vs SFC, gets in good position near goal line and cuts ball back for a great chance for team mate.

    Subbed on today and gets in terrific position to force a red card. No one else manages to get into positions like that so keep that in mind.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Well cr@p. That sucked. Brought a friend who was a first timer to the aleague at tonight's match. Not quite the exciting intro i was hoping for. Though the send off woke us up. 

    On the team, I've typed words and just deleted them straight away. Where is the burning desire to win?  I dont know what the flip is going on but this season is awful and i want it to end.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    We missed Bonevacia tonight. Baccus Jnr should have started as the sole DM.

    And why didn't Bridge get subbed instead of Ikonomidis? Stupid sub

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

    We missed Bonevacia tonight. Baccus Jnr should have started as the sole DM.

    And why didn't Bridge get subbed instead of Ikonomidis? Stupid sub

    Very strange sub, Ikonomidis was one of the last player I would have taken off. 

    Cejudo and Carrusca had games to forget

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Crap all round.

    Double "random" take everything out of your pockets  then wanding  then Pat down as I failed to get into express entry as only "paper" tickets worked apparently. Told the guy wanding me that as a middle aged guy I pose no threat this is totally over the top  and he can go fork himself. Only to have to go through it again at the other entry.

    Get into stadium see group of riot cops leaning against the wall looking "tough" one even had stab vest on..

    Get to seat after having to show membership card. My 15 year old Son goes to get some food , on the way back the lady at the aisle entry would let him back in as he didn't have his membership card, even though she saw him leave the bay. He had to call me to come and get him. Gave her a mouth full too..

    Move onto the atmosphere...I've seen more life in Rookwood cemetery. Terrible despite the few in the wst having a go..

    Game...perhaps the worst performance by a wsw team I have seen..clueless . Didn't help the overall experience. Big changes needed!!!!

    If this is the "family friendly", sterile clap clap sit down experience that the FFA so dearly want, and it seems is winning the battle. Then football in Australia is dying/dead.  

    I am finished this season can't do this anymore...going to the football is supposed to be fun.

    Highlight of the night...timing the train from SOP to Lidcombe then connecting train to seven hills with only a few minutes wait between trains.

    Conspiracy theory...Gallup secretly working for AFL/NRL consortium with the aim to destroy the A League for good 😁😁😁😁

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Tonight's WSW performance was best summed up by the elderly Irish lady sitting behind me:

    "They play like they don't train together ..." 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    46 minutes ago, ANZAC said:

    can confirm cejudo had a sook when subbed, threw something on the ground and sat down... seriously gtfo the club!

    also noticed liam reddy before heading in the tunnel was clapping towards the empty rbb bays...

    Would you rather that or him sit down with a big smile on his face and not care? At least that means he cares

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    40 minutes ago, jockman said:

    Crap all round.

    Double "random" take everything out of your pockets  then wanding  then Pat down as I failed to get into express entry as only "paper" tickets worked apparently. Told the guy wanding me that as a middle aged guy I pose no threat this is totally over the top  and he can go fork himself. Only to have to go through it again at the other entry.

    Get into stadium see group of riot cops leaning against the wall looking "tough" one even had stab vest on..

    Get to seat after having to show membership card. My 15 year old Son goes to get some food , on the way back the lady at the aisle entry would let him back in as he didn't have his membership card, even though she saw him leave the bay. He had to call me to come and get him. Gave her a mouth full too..

    Move onto the atmosphere...I've seen more life in Rookwood cemetery. Terrible despite the few in the wst having a go..

    Game...perhaps the worst performance by a wsw team I have seen..clueless . Didn't help the overall experience. Big changes needed!!!!

    If this is the "family friendly", sterile clap clap sit down experience that the FFA so dearly want, and it seems is winning the battle. Then football in Australia is dying/dead.  

    I am finished this season can't do this anymore...going to the football is supposed to be fun.

    Highlight of the night...timing the train from SOP to Lidcombe then connecting train to seven hills with only a few minutes wait between trains.

    Conspiracy theory...Gallup secretly working for AFL/NRL consortium with the aim to destroy the A League for good 😁😁😁😁

     

     

    Nothing family friendly about security hassling a 15 year old boy on the way back to his seat is there 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    In two minds before the game as to whether to boycott or not but decided to go. Wish I hadn't. No atmosphere as I expected, lower crowd than expected, pre game ground announcers who only know how to shout and need to go back to ground announcer school! 

    As for the game itself I think it has all been said. **** ref, boring play, players with no commitment especially Cejudo and Carrusco. That Carrusco could not even get the free kick on target with a defender in goal says it all! 

     

    Season, coach, tram and club are a write off at the moment. Time for massive changes.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

    Would you rather that or him sit down with a big smile on his face and not care? At least that means he cares

    Lol like you think he prob cares about the team / club? I suspect it is prob more personal career frustration going by this team than any devotion to the cause or club.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Had the opportunity to watch it from the SkyDeck and maaaaaaaaan from being in the RBB to seeing the pitch side on we lack so much of everything on that field.

     

    Video of the afternoon to come c/- Around The Bloc.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I had a trial game and didn’t go, probably wouldn’t have regardless. Doesn’t sound like I missed much lol

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Our season is done, put a fork in it.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Our season was done months ago. Only thing left to answer is if we qualify to lose in the first week of the finals.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    52 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

    Would you rather that or him sit down with a big smile on his face and not care? At least that means he cares

    He probably does care...it's just that he's not good enough.....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Risdon was pushed at the end but I would have cheered for Dino to save it 

    we deserved nothing absolute inept **** today 

    we should do everything we can to cancel out **** sop deal next season and play at Penrith and Campbelltown 

    10,000 plus members staying away... everyone with their own reasons but I suspect the main reason is nothing rarely good happens at SOP 

    ffs can we please get out of this shithole 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, jockman said:

    Crap all round.

    Double "random" take everything out of your pockets  then wanding  then Pat down as I failed to get into express entry as only "paper" tickets worked apparently. Told the guy wanding me that as a middle aged guy I pose no threat this is totally over the top  and he can go fork himself. Only to have to go through it again at the other entry.

    Get into stadium see group of riot cops leaning against the wall looking "tough" one even had stab vest on..

    Get to seat after having to show membership card. My 15 year old Son goes to get some food , on the way back the lady at the aisle entry would let him back in as he didn't have his membership card, even though she saw him leave the bay. He had to call me to come and get him. Gave her a mouth full too..

    Move onto the atmosphere...I've seen more life in Rookwood cemetery. Terrible despite the few in the wst having a go..

    Game...perhaps the worst performance by a wsw team I have seen..clueless . Didn't help the overall experience. Big changes needed!!!!

    If this is the "family friendly", sterile clap clap sit down experience that the FFA so dearly want, and it seems is winning the battle. Then football in Australia is dying/dead.  

    I am finished this season can't do this anymore...going to the football is supposed to be fun.

    Highlight of the night...timing the train from SOP to Lidcombe then connecting train to seven hills with only a few minutes wait between trains.

    Conspiracy theory...Gallup secretly working for AFL/NRL consortium with the aim to destroy the A League for good 😁😁😁😁

     

     

    I also got the pat down (first time in 6 seasons) and the guy said it was 'random'. I blew up at that as everybody was getting a pat down. Also had to show my card at the top of the steps...chick wasn't going to let me through without checking....fmd....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    That was fooking shiet we deserve better massive changes needed as well as our w league team we should be contenders in everything that’s what the big teams do

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Erdz said:

    I don’t get all the banter on Sot’s

     

    His last 4 games with at least 10 mins on pitch:

    Opening goal Vs Central Coast

    Subbed on gets a goal vs Wellington

    Subbed on vs SFC, gets in good position near goal line and cuts ball back for a great chance for team mate.

    Subbed on today and gets in terrific position to force a red card. No one else manages to get into positions like that so keep that in mind.

    There was more quality in your bit of cherry picking there than a Sotirio cameo !!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    My favourite part was how we had 5 mins to test a defender in goal, and didn't manage to get a single shot at him. Even from a free-kick.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Haven't heard Gambou post match conference. I wonder if he was happy with the improvement . I Guess it's all part of the process.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, tardotz said:

    Haven't heard Gambou post match conference. I wonder if he was happy with the improvement . I Guess it's all part of the process.

    I watched Gombau's post match press conference on Foxsports and he was not happy with the team's performance.  At least he can see it and admit it, so that's good.  The big question is what is he going to do to fix it and can he fix it before the finals?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    With the ground 70% empty and the RBB locked off why would anyone inside the ground need to show their membership at all?

    I'm sure security would say "just doing my job ".. but with empty seats everywhere what happened to a smile and a bit of common sense?  Why does everything have to be so f***ing confrontational?

    Edited by beatsurrender

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

    With the ground 70% empty and the RBB locked off why would anyone inside the ground need to show their membership at all?

    I'm sure security would say "just doing my job ".. but with empty seats everywhere what happened to a smile and a bit of common sense?  Why does everything have to be so f***ing confrontational?

    It couldn’t possibly be confrontational. It’s family friendly you see....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    57 minutes ago, Taurus said:

    Our season is done, put a fork in it.

     

    Just lacking knives before putting a fork on it. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Yeah gombau basically said we were **** and if we don’t lift our game we don’t deserve finals 

    he didn’t say what he was going to do to fix it 

    maybe they should all get pissed at the tittie bar 

    Edited by GunnerWanderer

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    everything that needs to be said has been said but i need to mention how the **** did that pen not go to VAR? seriously dont get that, i thought all major decisions like that went to VAR, that said we shouldnt have needed that pen for a win

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just add it to the list of things about VAR that make no sense.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • from the volt..    
    • Do they still have the “around the courts” section in the Hawkesbury gazette? Always was the best bit, to look for people I went to school with. Every few months there would be some bellend for drunk driving, or exposing themselves in Richmond park or Coles.
    • Depends on lots of factors I should think. Where, for one thing - the main thing. Like Stringer said, some guy in the street? Eh. Some guy at a gig? Been there, done it. Whatever the context,  the answer would be the same last week and now.   But I'm not a public persona who supposedly wants to distance myself from movements who vocally support me. I would have different reasons for doing it.    And lol yes if someone wanted a photo with me then yes.
  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×