Jump to content
Current Players Link Current Players Link

Nicolai Muller


mack

  • Date Of Birth: 25/09/87
    Nation: Germany
    Birthplace: Lohr am Main, West Germany
    Position: Left Wing
    Secondary Positions: Attacking Midfield
    Joined Wanderers: 16/10/19
    Contract Details: 1 Year Injury Replacement. Full contract 2020/21.
    Contract Finish: 2020/21
    Previous Club: Eintracht Frankfurt
    Wanderers Debut: 2nd November 2019 vs Brisbane Roar
    A-League Appearances: 34
    A-League Goals: 6
    Total Appearances: 34
    Total Goals: 6
    Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2019/20: 19 (5)
    Highlight: Scored his first goal for the Wanderers in Round 9, Season 2019/20 against Wellington Phoenix.
    Description: An experienced German winger with 2 caps for the German National team, Muller broke through to the Bundesliga with Mainz 05 before moving to Hamburger SV. An unfortunate ACL injury suffered while celebrating a goal has kept him to minimal appearances for the past 2 seasons. He played in an unfamiliar central attacking role for the Wanderers as he came in as a replacement for Radosław Majewski, being a good creative force for the club, winning a contract extension for 2020/21.
Nicolai Muller

User Feedback

Recommended Comments



A BL player as injury replacement - a seismic shift has occurred at the club.

Welcome to the club, and you are welcome to rip the entire league a new one. If you prefer passing the ball to AMFG and let him do the scoring instead, that'll do me as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, FCB said:

A BL player as injury replacement - a seismic shift has occurred at the club.

Welcome to the club, and you are welcome to rip the entire league a new one. If you prefer passing the ball to AMFG and let him do the scoring instead, that'll do me as well. 

Good to see you back on song FCB :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's been some creative accounting going on at HQ, if we're able to replace Rady with this guy. 

Pirmin, Muller & AMFG will know each others games, so if we can get them all fit & on the pitch, it shouldn't be long before we win some games.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Taurus said:

There's been some creative accounting going on at HQ, if we're able to replace Rady with this guy. 

Pirmin, Muller & AMFG will know each others games, so if we can get them all fit & on the pitch, it shouldn't be long before we win some games.  

That's the big question IF.

Edited by WHACKO
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taurus said:

There's been some creative accounting going on at HQ, if we're able to replace Rady with this guy. 

Pirmin, Muller & AMFG will know each others games, so if we can get them all fit & on the pitch, it shouldn't be long before we win some games.  

It probably helps when you're only paying the guy for 8 months not the full 12.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still can't believe that the club pulled this off. This is a player who was a fringe international when Germany prepared for the 2014 WC. Never mind about Hooper, or Campbell even.  

He'll dwarf the Nico M we had in S5. We can expect a commanding player like Castelen, minus the broken body and minus the poor decision making, but with goals and assists instead. This is a serious attacking player who could easily play in the BL still.

Thank you Frankfurt for first giving him the treatment (coach didn't want him, was not even allowed onto team bus to teaming camp, and trained by himself like a leper) and then tearing up his contract. No doubt PM19 and AMFG helped in the decision making process. 

Picture book pro by all accounts, will have a point to proof, and hopefully arrives with fire in the belly.

Four ex BL players at WSW, plus one from the first Swiss division - by far the best group of imports at the club. Will cause havoc once they are all match fit and on the pitch together. Life is good. 

Edited by FCB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's coming here with his family so may slow down his ability to arrive in time to play in the derby but Babbel is hoping he'll at the very least be in the stadium to watch the team play

Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Arrives Friday morning. Won't be involved in derby

At least he'll be here to see the derby.

That will put the fire in his belly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They'll fit right in. You can tell by the photos that they're a balanced family. No show ponies or models....

Willkommen in Ihrem zweiten Zuhause !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His wife looks kind of familiar.  Is she possibly an actress?

Archie should be able his name right at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexd said:

They'll fit right in. You can tell by the photos that they're a balanced family. No show ponies or models....

Willkommen in Ihrem zweiten Zuhause !

Indeed. I believe she was working as a nanny when they met. He grew up in a rural area, she in a biggish town, they are both from the Northern part of Bavaria called Franconia which is a technical detail I won't hold against them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

His wife looks kind of familiar.  Is she possibly an actress?

Archie should be able his name right at least.

Archie only does last names unless they are his mates

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davo said:

In an interview with Smithies he said he's committed to at least two years here.

 

He might go to another club in Australia? Hope not but if so, this confirms that Majewski will not be returning to the club

Link to comment
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He might go to another club in Australia? Hope not but if so, this confirms that Majewski will not be returning to the club

If he puts in and performs he' may get a full contract just not injury replacement. If, as those who know say, he is quality Babbel will want to keep him. Babbel still has another year after this on his contract with the club. You would be safe to say Babbel wants the quality players he has signed to stay.

Edited by sonar
Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sonar said:

If he puts in and performs he' may get a full contract just not injury replacement. If, as those who know say, he is quality Babbel will want to keep him. Babbel still has another year after this on his contract with the club. You would be safe to say Babbel wants the quality players he has signed to stay.

I just read somewhere though that Majewski is gambling on his injury and has done some thing in Poland which helps his injury. His returning next week to Australia. Unless Ziegler has citizenship, and Majewski's gamble pays off, Müller may not even last 3 months, as his injury replacement contract will be over. :sorry:

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not that I'm saying any of our fellas are dickheads, and I think our approach has been different anyway, but that "no dickhead policy" rubbish the swans served up to a willing media was a bunch of bullshit.

I agree though it's refreshing what Babbel has been able to do with his recruitment. More than refreshing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So with Muller only on an injury contract, can we extend him for next season as he is priority signing now showing his potential even in an unnatural position, sort out an actual cam and put him in natural position next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...