Recycled SFC chants? Really? WTF?! :(

I was extremely dissapointed to hear some recycled SFC chants... That was absolutely PATHETIC, and that is putting it lightly. IF that is carried forward to other games, then it hurts me to say it but I will be staying well clear of the RBB area. I was embarrassed to be there when chant after chant was a SFC recycle job... SAD!!!

Apart from that, some decent new chants (minimal) + good crowd. Holds us in good stead for Season 1... if the chants can be fixed up. Here is a tip: dont chant for the sake of chanting, in time we will develop our own chants! Lets be ORIGINAL for fuks sake!!! :(

FP

I must say I was extremely dissapointed to hear some recycled SFC chants tonight... It was PATHETIC, and that is putting it lightly. IF that is carried forward to other games, then it hurts me to say it but I will be staying well clear of the RBB area. I was embarrassed to be there when chant after chant was a SFC recycle job... SAD!!!

Its the truth guys, love it or hate it... If we continue down that path we will be a laughing stock and rightfully mocked by SFC @ derby 1.

Here is a tip: dont chant for the sake of chanting, in time we will develop our own chants! Lets be ORIGINAL for fuks sake!!! :(

FP

you know those 'Sydney FC' chants were done by the ex-SCC who are now in the RBB?

Mate, who gives a ****...Its a joke.

There are plenty of chants you can nick off other clubs, why the fuk would be taking them off SFC?

SAD!

FP

if you want to stay clear of thr RBB, no one is forcing you to stay here.

and maybe heres a hint, maybe it wasnt the cove that originated the song, maybe it was the SCC boys????

grow up and have a cry elsewhere

you know those 'Sydney FC' chants were done by the ex-SCC who are now in the RBB?

There were many ppl - including yourself - who argued against chants from other A-L clubs being used for WSW. The SCC chanted these on behalf of Syd FC, so how can you exonerate them on that basis?? C'mon Llama, consistency, man!?!

oh for **** sake. **** off people.

stop knocking our support. if you think you can do a better job, ****ing get to the front of the rbb, teach the drummers the beat, teach the rbb the words, and try to start it.

if you cant then shut the **** up.

if you want to stay clear of thr RBB, no one is forcing you to stay here.

and maybe heres a hint, maybe it wasnt the cove that originated the song, maybe it was the SCC boys????

grow up and have a cry elsewhere

Um, it's a valid point actually. There were many ppl here who were adamant about not using chants already used by other A-L clubs. SCC chanted these on behalf on Syd FC, how come they're now appropriate for WSW?? Consistency, please....

For the record, I don't give a ****, but there were some quite nasty comments on this forum about using other A-L club chants, but that now seems to be okay if they were SCC chants, never mind the fact they were used to support Syd FC... Consistency please...

its so frustrating, that people in the rbb, try their best, try teaching how many new people the chants, try teaching how many new drummers the beat, take the chant they originated with them, and then all they cop is crap.

it wasnt the coves chant. it was the SCC's chant.

for **** sake, stop having a whinge and instead put this effort to singing in the RBB.

There were many ppl - including yourself - who argued against chants from other A-L clubs being used for WSW. The SCC chanted these on behalf of Syd FC, so how can you exonerate them on that basis?? C'mon Llama, consistency, man!?!

I still stand by that comment that i don't want to use chants that other groups are already using in the a-league. However, I am not a capo or a leader, I will follow the general concensus.

Exactly my point. Its early days, i know... Its all about perception, as it is reality! If you take 5 of their chants (even if you created it) its OUT mate! You all know it as well as i do. If you are in denial, thats your issue. Chanting any other ALg teams chant is sad, but something the cove **** chant... thats SHOCKING!!!

FP

exactly what chants are you bitching about FP?

You know exactly what I am talking about.

FP

dont ever speak on behalf of the ex-scc........the chants were created beacuse they are great chants...only chant that has been taken by the cove is the "we love you" chant!!

Edited by WSdna

oh for **** sake. **** off people.

stop knocking our support. if you think you can do a better job, ****ing get to the front of the rbb, teach the drummers the beat, teach the rbb the words, and try to start it.

if you cant then shut the **** up.

I may well take you up on that offer!

FP

its all trial and error at this point. if we didnt try any of those "sydney fc chants" (which there not, they stole theirs from other clubs) we would have 4 chants for 90minutes..

its all trial and error at this point. if we didnt try any of those "sydney fc chants" (which there not, they stole theirs from other clubs) we would have 4 chants for 90minutes..

pa-pa-paranoia ;)

pa-pa-paranoia ;)

nobody really caught on lol ill try it for another time lol

for **** sake, stop having a whinge and instead put this effort to singing in the RBB.

No arguments here, mate, just that when other ppl suggested chants they were chastised because the chants were used to support other A-L clubs! So, how come Syd FC chants suddenly become okay for WSW just because of the people who sung them?? Totally contradictive. Again, I don't give a frick about what gets sung as support (it's our ****ing team!!), but I do give a frick when ppl change the rules to suit themselves... that's weak.

The preseason isn't just for popa and the boys. Its very much for the RBB too.

Tonight was very much everyone getting together and mucking around and having a laugh.

I think it'll get more serious as the weeks go on and we start finding our feet.

Edited by Erebus

Tonight was very much everyone getting together and mucking around and having a laugh.

I think it'll get more serious as the weeks go on and we start finding our feet.

Exactly, it was our first proper go at doing this as a group, it was always going to be all over the shop, but will get there and sort ourselves out!

Singing something is better than listening to the crickets sing for us.

Exactly, it was our first proper go at doing this as a group, it was always going to be all over the shop, but will get there and sort ourselves out!

Singing something is better than listening to the crickets sing for us.

Yep, agreed! Good job in that regard!

Absolutely, from the start of the night to the end there was a massive difference as everyone loosened up and got the hang of it