Important Information

Attention all RBB Members and Active supporters

Thanks to all of you for your fantastic passion that is helping us create a great game day experience for all following the launch of our new club. While we want to continue to encourage this passion, particularly our active support, we need to be mindful of doing so in a family friendly manner. Some things to consider include:

• NSW Police are concerned for the safety of supporters and diners during the march to the stadium. The footpath is not wide enough to support the carriage of the number of persons on the march and requires the negotiation of multiple sets of traffic lights. This results in some fans walking on the street or crossing the street when unsafe to do so. The march also has the potential to interrupt the quiet enjoyment that restaurant patrons are seeking while dining on Church Street. It is for these reasons that a number of requests have been made to vary the march route. The preferred route from the Woolpack Hotel to Parramatta Stadium is via Marsden Street. We hope that fans will see the sense in this request and use the preferred route.

• So far our Club with the support of Parramatta Stadium has been able to help the RBB to create a fantastic atmosphere at the stadium. Many of these privileges were made possible by variations in the normal conditions of entry. The Club understands that the use of megaphones and TIFOs, the oversizes flags and banners, and over-sized drums and drums sticks are important to the RBB. These initiatives bring so much colour and movement to the match day experience. Additional benefits, such as a potential capo stand to assist the co-ordinations of chants, are being contemplated. By supporting these initiatives, the Club is placing its trust in the RBB and delivering on the promise of building a traditional football club. However, every club in the world expects that their fans are careful to protect the image and reputation of the club. The Wanderers are no different. Therefore, Club’s support for these privileges is built on the understanding that fans both inside and outside the stadium will continue to behave in a socially responsible way that reflects well on the Club. Any incident that occurs in and around Parramatta Stadium is liable to damage the image and reputation of the Club and therefore the RBB. You can expect that incidents of foul language, scuffles, smoking within the stadium, public urination, drunkenness and general disorderly behaviour will cause immediate damage. The authorities responsible for the safety of the public are duty bound to respond to such incidents. You know the Club will not tolerate individuals who display anti-social behaviour. Nor should the RBB. The Wanderers image and reputation is too important to all of us.

Western Sydney Wanderers will be working directly with the leaders of the RBB to ensure that these issues are managed with the view to creating the best match day experience in Australia. We look forward to your continuing support.

Also please note that you must bring your membership card to gain access. If you arrive on match day without your card you will have to purchase a ticket to gain entry.

For more information please feel free to contact the club directly regarding this issue by emailing shaun.mielekamp@wswanderersfc.com.au

i just got that email, all i am going to say is the first point is ridiculous, not saying that its the clubs fault but the police are sure trying to really screw us have no problem with the second point though

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

The march also has the potential to interrupt the quiet enjoyment that restaurant patrons are seeking while dining on Church Street.

I'm guessing people from the club haven't had dinner on Church St on a Saturday night. All the cars doing laps with their hectic subwoofers and totally legal exhausts mean it's not exactly "quiet enjoyment".

The march also has the potential to interrupt the quiet enjoyment that restaurant patrons are seeking while dining on Church Street.

I'm guessing people from the club haven't had dinner on Church St on a Saturday night. All the cars doing laps with their hectic subwoofers and totally legal exhausts mean it's not exactly "quiet enjoyment".

plus i never seen a negative reaction to us on church street, even from sydney fc fans i have not seen one negative reaction to us or seen any problems, reaction has been very positive

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

We all know the smartest thing to do is for the cops to shut down church street to traffic for 20 minutes but its too much hard work.

The march through that part of Parramatta is creating excitement and interest from the general public. It's free advertisement that a Wanderers game is on.

Im sure if you ask the people on church straight after we march pass they will say they enjoyed it.. Cops need to stop this power trip.. If they let us march on the road.. There will be less disruptions to the diners.. And would only get church st closed for 5-10 mins.. No biggie.. Business will resume straight after it

Im sure if you ask the people on church straight after we march pass they will say they enjoyed it.. Cops need to stop this power trip.. If they let us march on the road.. There will be less disruptions to the diners.. And would only get church st closed for 5-10 mins.. No biggie.. Business will resume straight after it

+1

The authorities responsible for the safety of the public are duty bound to respond to such incidents. You know the Club will not tolerate individuals who display anti-social behaviour. Nor should the RBB. The Wanderers image and reputation is too important to all of us.

the club and police should be more concerned with the idiots on the other end constantly looking for trouble! who arent even in the rbb!

Edited by WSdna

this is a joke.

the people in church street love the march. they stop, take photos and watch us and even participate.

its a tradition from before we even kicked our first competitive ball.

it is from the actions of the RBB that many people have bought season tickets. its through the actions of the RBB that has made the experiences of game goers enjoyable. we already, through only 3 home games, have a reputation of a great support that even other a league clubs strive to have.

WE HAVE DONE SO MUCH FOR THIS CLUB. AND THE CLUB CAN NOT STAND UP FOR ITS SUPPORTERS. A FOOTBALL CLUB IS NOTHING WITHOUT THE FANS. REMEMBER THAT.

we, as fans, have tried to help the issue of the football path by suggesting to close one lane for the 10mins that we march. it is not that long and not that hard. but the answer for some reason is no, why? instead less than 24 hours before game day, we are given this message.

the club can say what it wants in the media, and word things how they like, however ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS, and for the club not to stand up (remember this is the ffa who own this club) for its supporters and fight for the ONE TRADITION that we have had from the beginning is an absolute joke and totally disrespectful to the RBB.

We all know the smartest thing to do is for the cops to shut down church street to traffic for 20 minutes but its too much hard work.

The march through that part of Parramatta is creating excitement and interest from the general public. It's free advertisement that a Wanderers game is on.

This would be the best option but actually requires the police using common sense, so it will never happen.

Shaun - I've always supported you and the difficult role you have, but the tone and composition of that email is disgusting. Thinly veiled threats if we don't change the march route. The march hurts no one. Why would you put your name to that?

we sould get a petition going to close the road and get signatures from businesses on church st to finally prove to these cops that we are giving the people a treat in what we do...

Edited by WSdna

I thats fair Ian

Seriously, the march is my FAVOURITE part of the match day experience. I wish I was still at work when I got this email, I wouldve printed up some signs. Might just grab some textas and paper tomorrow or something.

They cant stop us from walking along a footpath ffs. Arrest us and charge us with being pedestrians lololol

lol. your email was cute. Remember without the terraces, football is nothing. Do you really want to go against the very people who keep this club going? We may not seem much to you. We're just average citizens, lawyers, teachers, cleaners, office workers and labourers... the same people who come from a society we've built in our vision. Not the vision of some fat cat corporate pricks who just want money. we have passion and culture in the west. How far this club goes is entirely up to us. Your staff, management, even the players come and go. Win or lose, dark or gloom we are here to stay. We are the foundation of this club. You and the ffa are nothing but a good idea. So stay in your place. We are the RBB, the message and the money. Remember that.

This results in some fans walking on the street or crossing the street when unsafe to do so. The march also has the potential to interrupt the quiet enjoyment that restaurant patrons are seeking while dining on Church Street. It is for these reasons that a number of requests have been made to vary the march route. The preferred route from the Woolpack Hotel to Parramatta Stadium is via Marsden Street. We hope that fans will see the sense in this request and use the preferred route.

Do you and the police want us to walk in little sub groups around Parramatta instead? We can do that as well. :ninja:

One group will be at the station, other one at the pub, one near the stadium, one near away fans pub etc.

I'm sure smaller groups would not cross over the street in any illegal manner. :crazy:

People, families, kids, everyone on Church st has been great to us. Clapping when we walk past, taking photos and videos etc.

No harm done to anyone - and it helps build clubs identity, as I'm sure neither you or Gorman will do that.

Any incident that occurs in and around Parramatta Stadium is liable to damage the image and reputation of the Club and therefore the RBB. You can expect that incidents of foul language, scuffles, smoking within the stadium, public urination, drunkenness and general disorderly behaviour will cause immediate damage. The authorities responsible for the safety of the public are duty bound to respond to such incidents. You know the Club will not tolerate individuals who display anti-social behaviour. Nor should the RBB. The Wanderers image and reputation is too important to all of us.

Stick to looking into trouble started near away bays. That's what can ruin clubs reputation more than anything happening in Bays 55,56 or 57.

I didn't see you release a statement that aims people that frequent those bays.

Western Sydney Wanderers will be working directly with the leaders of the RBB to ensure that these issues are managed with the view to creating the best match day experience in Australia. We look forward to your continuing support.

You won't see me even look in your direction when you have this attitude towards us, let alone "work" with you. Mate, keep in mind, you won't be working at this club in a year or two.

But, we will be there after you go. So HOW DARE YOU TRY TO DO ANYTHING TO CHANGE WHAT WE WANT TO DO WHEN IT IS NOT HARMING ANYONE.

i dont blame the club for the first point of the email, sounds like they were kinda forced by the police to send that part, and i understand why the club doesnt want to be associated with any violent behaviour either but that is not us, when we have come across that crowd we have always tried to stop anything from happening

i think the club was forced by the police to send that email, we are not forced to listen

and i second WSdna's idea for the petition, i bet we could get so many signatures on that too its one of the most fun parts of the entire experience that march and we should change it for no one

The march down church street was one of the main selling points to my mates and now it's what they look forward to the most. Why change anything when it harms no one and does nothing but help the club.

What the **** is a petition going to achieve. I've had countless meetings, discussions etc with the police, and it's achieved nothing.

At the end of the day, they have an agenda.

The interesting part is, they contradict themselves. We asked for permission to march on the street. They forced us onto the footpath of Church street.

Now, they don't want us on Church, but are happy to see us on a footpath that is skinnier, and with a much greater traffic flow, travelling at an increased speed. So if their real problem is us guys spilling onto the road and so on, they are happy to see us spill in front of cars doing 60kmh instead of 10kmh?

I've seen nothing but joy from the patrons having dinner on Church street when we march by.

BTW, they can't stop a group of blokes walking to the football together.

The march down church street was one of the main selling points to my mates and now it's what they look forward to the most. Why change anything when it harms no one and does nothing but help the club.

exactly. so many people have got season tickets simply because of the RBB. and now the club has agreed to do this to the RBB. seems very ungrateful to me. maybe they need to remember that you can not have a football club without fans, just ask the gold coast

Doesn't Marsden St have a footpath that is about 1m wide? How are you going to get 500 people down that

maybe the police are curious and want to see

honestly they just arent thinking....its the rbb as a whole to choose where we march and everyone loves marching down church st...so i for one will not vote to change our march route

Doesn't Marsden St have a footpath that is about 1m wide? How are you going to get 500 people down that

maybe the police are curious and want to see

honestly they just arent thinking....its the rbb as a whole to choose where we march and everyone loves marching down church st...so i for one will not vote to change our march route

totally agree, we have got pretty crappy treatment from the police in the past, the entire drinks thing for the sydney derby, this, their constant threats that if we do anything wrong we will get arrested, i refuse to change the march route if they had a decent reason then i would think about it but they are really just trying to take being petty as an art form

we have always marched down church street and there is no reason whatsoever to change that