Brisbane Roar Thread 2014/15

mack

• 3 weeks later...

You stole all your chants

You're ******* useless

And then throw bottles at the RBB when they can't steal our chants.

Then ran away when one of the casuals went up there...

Nice to see the classics given a run.

- 'When the Roar go marching in'

- 'You're going home in a Queensland ambulance'

- 'Brisbane, clap, clap, clap'

- 'You're ****, aaaaaahhhhh'

There should be a Dept. of Health warning on that video ... "Warning! - Watching the Den attempting to chant may kill you of boredom!"

I'll never get back those 2 mins of my life.

There should be a Dept. of Health warning on that video ... "Warning! - Watching the Den attempting to chant may kill you of boredom!"

Everyone needs to start somewhere.. Here's hoping we've opened their eyes up a bit and they come up with some better material in the offseason. Better active support = better HAL.

Sour grapes much?

na, just having a good laugh whilst we await another ACL kickoff

Ah yes, the acl. Good luck with that. Honest. Well done for being first HAL side to have both reasonably good acl and a-league campain.

the good news is that you get to enjoy the ride next year.

Sour grapes much?

na, just having a good laugh whilst we await another ACL kickoff
Ah yes, the acl. Good luck with that. Honest. Well done for being first HAL side to have both reasonably good acl and a-league campain.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll do better than last years effort. I think the relative success of HAL teams in ACL this year will give confidence to future HAL teams competing in ACL.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll do better than last years effort. I think the relative success of HAL teams in ACL this year will give confidence to future HAL teams competing in ACL.

IIRC the funding from the AFC for the group games is increasing next year as well, up to now teams have run at a loss if they did not get out of their group. The new funding model will at least cover costs for the early games.

Hopefully that will keep the bean counters happy and more attention can be given to the squads.

The only thing I'm sour about is being hit in the back of the head with a bottle after the second goal. 

Other than that the Brisbane fans were polite to me, even after the game on the ride home they didn't sledge and barely celebrated tbh

Sorry to hear that. The ride home would have been the perfect opportunity to sledge, haha. Seriously, there should be no tolerance for throwing objects at people during games.

The only thing I'm sour about is being hit in the back of the head with a bottle after the second goal. 

Other than that the Brisbane fans were polite to me, even after the game on the ride home they didn't sledge and barely celebrated tbh 

Probably because they saw your jersey and remembered all those stories on Today Tonight about 'western sydney hooligans'

they just didn't want to get stabbed, that's all

Walked back to the hotel about two hours (and six beers) after fulltime. Was largely ignored by the orange masses. A group of blokes sitting outside a pub (NFI which one) said "Thanks for coming up. Bad luck. Probably see you this time next year". Said thanks and congrats and headed off.

Got about 20 metres away before they started "One nil, and you ****ed it up".

My mate and I just laughed, turned and gave them a clap. And continued on.

Fair play to them. They would have copped far worse from some of our lot (and don't pretend that we're all "good sports") if we'd won.

Can't tolerate the throwing **** from the balcony though. Get ****ed.

Yeh was on the bus back to carindale and got into a chat with a bunch of roar supporters, they were polite and humble over the match and we had a good 30min chat about the match and aleague! To be honest, apart from the bottle throwing glad no crap went down or had to deal with arrogant supporters than if we had to face MV or ESFC! Give me roar supporters every day of the week, just need to improve the active support!

Yeh was on the bus back to carindale and got into a chat with a bunch of roar supporters, they were polite and humble over the match and we had a good 30min chat about the match and aleague! To be honest, apart from the bottle throwing glad no crap went down or had to deal with arrogant supporters than if we had to face MV or ESFC! Give me roar supporters every day of the week, just need to improve the active support!

same type of  experience post match although not on a bus to carindale...but on a train to morningside.

had a few ex-pat brits in roar jersey's comment as to how impressed/amazed they were with our active support

Roars support is like a bigger versions of CCM's in many ways. And the centre of Brisbane is like a bigger version of Gosford.

Impressive stadium, friendly fans but a hotbed of passionate football support it isn't. I didn't hear the Roar supporters until they scored each time.

Easy to have a chat with a Roar supporter it seems and good banter, unlike ESFC or MV which has too much hassle associated with it already.

What Roar need to do now is bring more than 5 fans to a game at WSW! Perth and Wellington have both brought more to a game at Parra than Brisbane have. Very poor travel numbers for one of the bigger clubs and something they need to sort out.

Edited by WSWBoro

Everyone needs to start somewhere.. Here's hoping we've opened their eyes up a bit and they come up with some better material in the offseason. Better active support = better HAL.

They need to be creative but considering they are all QLDers, they all cant think and dont know whats good.