Football Manager

***** just deleted my own post.

So last ***ht started on 'the challange'

Picked a team from Yorkshire called FC Halifax

Team has a far bit of deadwood, so with the limited budget have been unable to make many signings only 1/2 quality players.

I picked them up from the National team from Gambia. I even signed a league 1 quality defender. Though 1 player doesnt make a team hopefully he provides a solid defence.

So far I am 8 games in and sitting in 9th position.

Edited by Borogz

night

Anyways, I'm re-installing FM tomorrow because I've just become a Sports Interactive editor for it.. sigh.. my last day of life.

If someone can please stop be installing it please do.

Edited by moxey25

For the WS team?

Good luck with it. Try making sure they fix the transfer regulations this time around.

I am Managing West Sydney for EA Sports/FIFA but got Sydney FC for FM until I get to move over to West Sydney.

Yeah that would be great, transfers is probably one of the weak points, like emergency loans in England and injury replacements in the A-League.

Edited by moxey25

For the WS team?

Good luck with it. Try making sure they fix the transfer regulations this time around.

I am Managing West Sydney for EA Sports/FIFA but got Sydney FC for FM until I get to move over to West Sydney.

Yeah that would be great, transfers is probably one of the weak points, like emergency loans in England and injury replacements in the A-League.

That's awesome man. How did u land that gig?

For the WS team?

That's awesome man. How did u land that gig?

Just knew someone that knew someone, if a position becomes available I'll post it in this thread!

Division The Championship (1st season)

Season 2022/2023

Expectations Avoid Relegation (Media - 21st)

Finish 17th

Season 11 complete.

This season can be summarised by saying it was three periods of relative comfort bracketed by two periods of sheer panic.

This graph will explain further:

25tan9e.jpg

League Table:

34dj78y.jpg

Didn't make anywhere near as much money as I wanted in the pre-season. Lost almost every game as well.

We started badly. We fell to dead last after the 4th game, but then began a quick rise to the heights of 8th. Which is when the first moment of panic set in. We slumped to a massive losing streak, and fell down to 20th. Thankfully that was as far as we dropped in that slump. We pulled ourselves back up to 13th after Christmas.

Which is when the 2nd period of panic set in. We were freefalling, losing game after game to the point we hit 23rd. We were almost about to lose sight of safety when we pulled it out yet again. We climbed back to safety and with some key victories against relegation zone contenders we went back to lower mid-table, where we finished in 17th.

League Cup was a good run, we beaten Torquay, Southampton and Newcastle before falling to Arsenal during one of our losing streaks.

League 1 side Hereford ended our FA Cup run at the first hurdle, we were never in the first leg but managed to hold a 0-0 draw, and then we lost the replay 2-0. Dismal performances.

As I said last entry we signed two Spanish strikers from Barca. Their first seasons couldn't have gone any differently.

Pelach. Dominating force, scored 21 goals from the inside left forward position, only just being shaded by Alvarez our main striker who got 26.

24b9aqg.jpg

Alosno: Complete and utter failure for inexplicable reasons. Scored 4 goals, suffered two 10 hour goal droughts (and is still in the 2nd one as of the end of the season). Has developed as a player okay, but just cannot perform on the pitch. If he doesn't shape up by the Jan window next season he's gonna get listed.

2wfqq0l.jpg

Squad:

bhi23d.jpg

The rest of the new players fitted in quite well, Navarro the CB performed well, Mulholland slotted into midfield in a good way and the young players I bought played occasional games and did well and have developed in training.

I've listed 6 players. Tobi Ajiboye, complete garbage these days. Boyle, not good enough in the midfield to make any impact. Lee Richards, guy has come to the end of his useful life, out of his depth in the Championship. Deegan, not home grown, reached the end of his development period and I don't see him as a great option and is leaving for Hibs. Shaun Waters, been with me since Blue Square South, Championship is a level too high for him. Porter, our Ball Playing CB has spent the last 4 seasons underperforming and I've got a 16 year old Turk coming in to replace him as 2nd choice.

I'm going to need loan signings for next season. I want to fill the 6 spots (AMR, AML, AMC, DM, ST and a box to box MC) with them to reduce costs. Will always be looking for the 17 year olds though.

We aren't going to have enough money to expand the stadium at my request. I have to hope the newly installed Fan's Trust will do it anyway. We're maxing the stadium out all the time.

Season    League   Position    Europe	 Cups				  Other
2012/13   BSS	  18th	    N/A	    N/A				   N/A
2013/14   BSS	  11th	    N/A	    N/A				   N/A
2014/15   BSS	  2nd		 N/A	    N/A				   Lost in play-off final.
2015/16   BSS	  7th		 N/A	    N/A				   N/A
2016/17   BSS	  4th		 N/A	    N/A				   Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP	  3rd		 N/A	    N/A				   Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP	  1st		 N/A	    N/A				   Won League Title
2019/20   L2	   1st		 N/A	    N/A				   Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21   L1	   11th	    N/A	    JPT Winner		    NA
2021/22   L1	   1st		 N/A	    LC RU				 Won League Title
2022/23   CHP	  17th	    N/A	    N/A				   N/A

Well I tried to edit the above post and and it wouldnt let me do it a second time. Maybe a Mod can delete it.

Also I have been unable to add my latest post on the Season 2. So this post is just to see if it actually works for me.

Division: Blue Square Premier

Season 2012/13

Expectations Bottom Half of Table (Media - 21st)

Finish 1st

So I have completed Season 2 (Sorry I didn’t do an update on Season 1. I got a bit carried away and just kept going!).

My team this season has done exceptionally well. We only losing 4 games. I put this done to some early key defensive signings. However my team was never really challenged for promotion.

League Table:

Pre Season was ok, I took Mack advice and played as many high profile games as possible to raise income for the season. However as a BSP team, the risk here was we would lose every game heavily. We didn’t win any but we don’t lose to heavily either so morale in the team wasn’t too bad.

The Board saw fit to limit me to only offering wages to coaches of $625, this was wonderful as all coaches that were willing to sign (even the worst of the worst) would only sign for min $650. So despite the board allowing me to sign up to 4 coaches, I only had 1 coach and an assistant manager all season. I couldnt even get a physio until half way through the season!

Season overall was a strong one. As noted I put this down to some strong defensive players. One in particular:

I signed Mustapha in my first season, he has a British passport and was happy to come to BSN. He was noted at the time to be League 1 quality, so I was wrapped when he signed for only $300 p/w on a part time contract. Towards the end of the 1st season I offered him a new part time contract which he accepted (thankfully). However due to success this season, I cant meet his demands for a new contract, he is currently on 375 p/w but he wants over $12,000 per week. That is my whole payroll budget! He is currently valued at 700k so with one year left on his contract, I think I might try and cash in on him.

All season I had a problem with strikers. It wasn’t that they were not scoring goals, but they just kept getting very long injuries. I had one player out for 2 three months stints, another one for 8 months and another one for 2 months! As I left a bit of budget I was constantly in the market for a new striker.

The FA Cup was a no show for us this season, We won in the qualify round against a team from the BSS. However then we faced Sheffield Wednesday from League 1 and lost 3-0.

We had a much better showing in the FA Trophy, managing to win at Wembley against Lincoln 2-1 in extra time.

I was offered two jobs for premierships sides Burnly and Bolton (both after they were going to be relegated). It got me thinking about whether a BSP manager has ever got a job from there to the Prem?

Despite the wonderful achievements of the team this year, I am very worried about next season. Three players I signed at the beginning of the season to form the backbone of my side decided they would retire at the end of this season. So I am now left with a team that has 4 loan players leaving, 3 retiring, another 4/5 I am moving on.

This off season will require a lot of careful consideration on a lot of players!

Season League   Position    Europe             Cups                 Other
2011/12 BSN       1st         N/A               N/A               Won League Title
2012/13 BSP       1st         N/A            FA Tropy Winner      Won League Title

Someone help!? How do I get a photo to work, all I got each time was it saving post and never actually posting.

Edited by Borogz

To post a picture you need to upload it to an external site like http://tinypic.com/

Then you get the link and put it in the thread.

Thanks Mack, I tried with another photo uploader, but I will retry again soon with tinypic.

Borogz, did you win the FA cup with a BSP team?

I won the FA Trophy (not the FA Cup). I had never heard of it before playing FM but the FA Trophy appears to be for only BSP and below. i.e not fully proffessional teams.

Season 2 League table:

2s64xg7.jpg

Mustapha:

4vhc2p.jpg

I sold him to a championship side for 850K. Which was by far the best sale my side has ever had. Placing us in a good position financial wise for the start of the season.

Edited by Borogz

Division The Championship (2nd season)

Season 2023/2024

Expectations Safe Mid-Table(Media - 18th)

Finish 2nd - Automatic Promotion via League Position

Season 12 complete.

Wow. This was incredibly unexpected. In pre-season and after the first few games I was thinking I'd be lucky to achieve my board prediction and thought at best I might be able to snatch one of the last promotion spots.

Instead we made an incredible run from the bottom of the table in the 4th week to be in the playoff positions by December, then battled our way into 2nd and pulled away to take promotion with our vastly superior GD with 3 games to go and confirmed the promotion with 1 game to go. We never had a chance of catching David Moyes' Charlton, and I repeatedly lost the manager of the month title to him. He started beef with me so we've been going back and forth in the media slating each other since Christmas.

Position Graph:

33xitja.jpg

League Table:

9bm2vl.jpg

Financially we are in a reasonbly good position even with our �122,000 stadium expansion loan. We had an extensive pre-season campaign that netted a considerable sum of money. The stadium increase also helped improve our financial ability. What mattered the most was our activity in the transfer market. We sold 5 players for just under �5 million pounds most of which was in direct payments. With promotion comes an vertiable bounty worth 10's of millions to the club.

The 2nd half the season held two very long unbeaten runs. The first was a 13 game streak that was broken with a 1-2 loss against Champions Charlton. The 2nd was 9 games after the Charlton loss. A 4 game winning streak at the end of the season secured the promotion.

League Cup was good run. We beat Gillingham, Peterborough (who went into administration during the year and lost 10 points but will remain in the league) and Watford before falling 3-1 to EPL Blackburn.

Blackburn were our nemesis in the FA Cup as well, taking us down 5-3. We'd pulled back from 3-1 down to 3-3 with 10 minutes to go. They scored 2 in injury time to knock us out. I hadn't realised it was a cup match, I'd have taken the 3-3 back to our stadium instead of pushing for a winner against what I stupidly thought was a promotion rival. Oh well.

Pelach again dominated the left wing, scoring 23 goals with 14 assists before a knee strain knocked him out of the laters of the campaign.

Alvarez dismantled defence after defence, scoring 33 before he had his leg broken by Brighton with a dozen games to play. He won't be back until the very start of next season.

Alonso was one of the players sold. I got �2 million for him from Serie B Padova, who have got much better use out of him than I ever did. Swansea offered �1.5m for Laslo the keeper, and I took it knowing that keepers aren't that hard to find and I had a very capable player in that position to take over.

The youth revolution continued, as we introduced 16, 17 and 18 year old players into the lineup. They performed admirably. The wing-back positions being of particular note, we've got 3 execellent prospects there. Our central defence lineup is looking good as well.

Last but not least is John Hattrell. The Canadian AMRL/ST who I got on a free transfer for a team record �475,000 a year. He has repaid that in spades. He is now worth �5.5 million. Despite only coming in December, he's got 14 assists and 20 goals, an AvR of 7.80 and scored around 13 goals when he was pushed up front when Alvarez broke his leg.

i56ka8.jpg

As of now we have 4 players coming in next season already. A Spanish MC named Jesus who will be our 1st or 2nd choice box to box midfielder, a 17 year old French/Algerian AMR/ST who is rated 4.5 stars who I hope will develop well, and a 5 star potential French/Mauritanian ST AMRL who I want to develop into our 2nd choice AMC. We also have a loan striker who looks like they will do a job for us off the bench.

Scouting continues unabated. I want another DL, GK and maybe another ST. All under 18 of course.

Squad:

2821g1h.jpg

Season League Position

2012/13 BSS 18th

2013/14 BSS 11th

2014/15 BSS 2nd Lost in play-off final.

2015/16 BSS 7th N/A

2016/17 BSS 4th Promoted via play-offs.

2017/18 BSP 3rd Lost in play-off semi-final.

2018/19 BSP 1st Won League Title

2019/20 L2 1st Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round

2020/21 L1 11th JPT Winner

2021/22 L1 1st League Cup RU Won League Title

2022/23 CHP 17th

2023/24 CHP 2nd Promoted via League Position

Did you get Hastings all the way up to the Championship Mack? That is a massive effort. I have considered downloading the full English league system on the forums. Got a Australian one now though, which is awesome because it includes all the state leagues.

Technically I got them to the Premiership. :xnod:

Got the English Hero achievement on Steam as well. :meep:

I made a fantasy A-League database a year or two ago. Was a lot of work.

oh awesome, good effort! :)

I'm going to start a Crystal Palace one. I'll also put up my M.Heart squad later on (Might continue with that one)

Love FM.

• 2 weeks later...

Division English Premier Division (1st season)

Season 2024/2025

Expectations Avoid Relegation (Media - 20th)

Finish 9th

Season 13 complete.

An extremely good debut season in the Premier League.

The first half of the season was exceptional, after our good start we loitered around positions 4-7 and were challenging for a European spot. Of course, our tactics got cracked in January so we suddenly couldn't buy a point. But by that time we had secured our position in the top flight for next season so it wasn't a massive issue. We dropped from 6th with 10 games to go down to 9th by the end but we still put in good performances and did win our 3rd last game 7-1 against Villa.

The beef with Moyes continued even as he left relegated Charlton to join 13th placed Everton. Although I accidentally said once that we get on well, so now he thinks the two of us could become friends. Which is a bit odd considering we've been giving each other **** for years now.

Position Graph:

29wobro.jpg

League Table:

21cvwk9.jpg

League Cup we were out in 1, as we lost 3-2 away to Sheffield United. Came back from 2-0 down to be 2-1 late on, they scored an 88th minute winner and we got a consolation during injury time. Pretty **** match. I think I played younger players in this one.

FA Cup we were out in the 3rd round after a replay against Norwich. For some reason they were all over us (we played them 3 times in 4 games) and we were constantly on the backfoot. We scraped a 2-2 draw in the first leg at home, then lost the replay 4-3 away. We then played them in the Premier League and got another shitty 2-2 draw.

I asked for and was given facility improvements. The board decided on a 5,325 seat expansion that will take the stadium to 16,035 (costing £6.5m) from it's existing 10,690, and the training/youth facilities will cost £4.7m. We have £11.5 million in the bank now.

The usual suspects popped up again as our best players. Pelach getting 18 goals from AML, Hattrell getting 13 and 21 assists from AMR. Hatttrell has to be one of the best players in the game, 5 star rating, has City and United both sniffing around. He's only got a £10m release clause but I'm hoping keeping his asking price at £100m will keep them away long enough for me to sign him to a new contract. The board are being idiots and despite us being about 5m under the budget they won't let me pay him the 3 mil a season he wants.

Alvarez hit 12 in a season curtailed by injury, he only played 20 games. I'm at a cross roads with him, his contract runs out in a few months and I've got some transfers coming in. He's a club icon, and I know the board and fans will give me **** if I release him. I might just sign him for another 5 years just to keep him around, I don't think he wants a lot of money.

I also bought an AMC from River, well, I got him on loan, and have arranged a transfer to us at the end of the season. He scored 17 goals and 8 assists playing mostly at AMC (occasionally stepped in up front due to injuries)

14w99o9.jpg

We didn't sell anyone this season. I sent my 2nd choice keeper on loan (which I hope doesn't **** up his club ownership status) and an un-needed older CB who will be leaving after the season ends.

I have several players coming to the club, a few strikers and a DM.

The biggest name coming in is Graham Howson, a 20 year old wonderkid striker from Manchester United who was transfer listed by request. Got him for £4.5m over 4 years. He's the reason I'm erring on re-signing Alvarez. He's not super quick but he'll do well up front. If I can squeeze out another couple of pace points he'll do an extremely good job I hope.

2i7r2aw.jpg

I'm now scouting more than just the continent. I am looking in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico with the new scouts I was able to sign. I have 23 now.

I want a good young DR, but I will need to look at finding another AMC to replace my 2nd choice AMC Bordaberry, and probably a long-term replacement for my box to box midfielder.

I won Manager of the Year :djmac:

Squad:

2arqds.jpg

Season    League   Position    Europe	 Cups				  Other
2012/13   BSS	  18th	    N/A	    N/A				   N/A
2013/14   BSS	  11th	    N/A	    N/A				   N/A
2014/15   BSS	  2nd		 N/A	    N/A				   Lost in play-off final.
2015/16   BSS	  7th		 N/A	    N/A				   N/A
2016/17   BSS	  4th		 N/A	    N/A				   Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP	  3rd		 N/A	    N/A				   Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP	  1st		 N/A	    N/A				   Won League Title
2019/20   L2	   1st		 N/A	    N/A				   Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21   L1	   11th	    N/A	    JPT Winner		    NA
2021/22   L1	   1st		 N/A	    LC RU				 Won League Title
2022/23   CHP	  17th	    N/A	    N/A				   N/A
2023/24   CHP	  2nd		 N/A	    N/A				   Promoted via League Position
2024/25   EPL	   6th		 N/A	    N/A				   N/A

Nice Update! :)

Not bad at all for first season in the EPL.

Sydney FC don't give their managers much of a chance do they??

2012-07-06_00001.jpg

Edited by moxey25

Division English Premier Division (2nd season)

Season 2025/2026

Expectations Safe Mid-Table (Media - 13th)

Finish 8th

Season 14 complete.

A good follow up from our debut season, along with a cup final appearance.

This season was something of the opposte to last. Our first half was quite terrible, and we were just above the relegation zone for the first 12 games of the seasons. We never actually fell into the zone, but there was a chance of being sucked into it if we didn't snap the streak. Luckily the team turned it around, and steadily climbed the table. Our highest point for the year was 8th, and after Christmas our lowest was 11th. A final day 2-1 win over Tottenham by my 2nd string elevated us over West Brom for 8th, and caused Tottenham to drop from 2nd to 5th.

Position Graph:

2qutaqg.jpg

League Table:

nqav4.jpg

League Cup we again lost in the first match, an away 2-1 loss to Swindon.

FA Cup we made the final. We beat West Ham (4-1), Arsenal (5-0 thrashing), Ipswich (3-0), Bolton (5-2), got past Liverpool 3-2 in the semi and faced Southampton in the Final. We dominated the game from start to finish but they scored an offside goal which wasn't called, and held us out by parking the bus after they lost their right winger midfielder to a last man straight red in the 36th minute. We scored a dramatic 91st minute equaliser.

It seemed like a matter of time before we'd over-run them in Extra Time. Alas, the game had other ideas, gifting Southampton a bugged goal for a 2-1 lead. A throw-in in our end was headed by my right winger to my central midfielder. However, none of my players actually went for the ball. They ran upfield, letting the ball roll straight past them until it reached their striker who did go for the ball. He lobbed the keeper from 20 yards. We were not able to equalise again. 27 shots to 9, 13 on target to 3. Lost 2-1. Their keeper was man of the match, getting an 8.4 rating.

I asked for and was given facility improvements again. The board decided on a 1,3331 seat expansion that will take the stadium to 17,368 from it's existing 16,035, and our training and youth facilities are being upgraded again. No improvement to our Youth Recruitment or Junior Coaching has been approved.

We have £22 million in the bank after those improvements have been taken our. We made an £11.3 million profit over the year. We will probably do roughly the same again next year, with more gate receipts (the expansion last year took half the season). We've got £330k of outgoing clauses coming to an end in the next few months, and an 80k clause ending half-way.

Howson the wonderkid striker I bought from United paid his costs back. He scored 19 goals and AvR of 7.02.

The other usual suspects popped up again as our best players. Pelach getting 12 goals from AML, Hattrell getting 11 and 21 assists from AMR. I was able to re-sign him during the season and get that ridiculous £10mil release clause gone. The Argentine AMC I bought off the loan did well, scoring 4 goals and 7 assists. I think I'm going to swap him and Hattrell around, as Hattrell is incredibly good and could do a lot of damage in the middle.

I won Manager of the Year again. :D

Squad:

2qixxkj.jpg

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2014/15   BSS     2nd      Lost in play-off final.
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2016/17   BSS     4th      Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP     3rd      Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP     1st      Won League Title
2019/20   L2      1st       Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21   L1      11th     JPT Winner  
2021/22   L1      1st       League Cup Runner Up, Won League Title
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2023/24   CHP     2nd       Promoted via League Position
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2025/26   EPL     8th        FA Cup Runner Up