Cricket Thread

i do enjoy cricket from time to time, i grew up with cricket during the days of steve waugh, mark waugh, shane warne(still dont like him) glenn mcgrath, everywhere you would look there is so much talent

i remember there was a period where a bunch of new players i never heard of came into the team some did very well so i think we have what it takes to go back to the glory days

i think we can win the next ashes its been too long since we won but i think the talent is there, had some great sporting moments so cricket will always have a place in my heart

I once dropped a hat trick ball. It was ok. Bowler was a dick and had a 9 for anyway.

But on the national team, what do ppl think on the bowlers continually breaking down? Seems all or young players just can't handle he stress of test cricket.

I once dropped a hat trick ball. It was ok. Bowler was a dick and had a 9 for anyway.

But on the national team, what do ppl think on the bowlers continually breaking down? Seems all or young players just can't handle he stress of test cricket.

I personally believe in the wake of the demise of the golden generation, there is insurmountable pressure to perform at the top level, and they aren't getting the guidance, nor time to do it. They are expected to perform, get wickets day in day out...

its also sad to see how much injuries happen now too, there is just too much pressure on players

mitchel johnson is such an interesting player he can be god awful but extremely good too seems like a confidence player i dont even know if he is in the team anymore i dont think he is

i would like to see some consistency in terms of team personnel but there are just so many forms of the game

also nice to see west indies go well they have struggled for a while and i remember their supporters used to be pretty badly behavied but its nice to see them going well, their crowds seem to have gotten way better so its always nice to see them do well

i used to play cricket but i was god awful, i think my record was 4 runs in one season and about 6 wickets, also never caught a ball in my life(well cricket ball)

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom
  • 1 month later...