Anyone good with BDSFA rules?

I have looked through the policies and by-laws and can't see anything which answers my question.

In brief, the situation is this.

My son is playing Div 2 (Jnrs) and his team has already won the premiership with 3 games to go. So finals spot certain.

The Div 1 team (who he has played with for a few seasons prior) are also in that position and if they win their first semi will qualify for nomination in C of C but will not have enough players to participate due to whatever reason. (Other sporting commitments etc)

They have asked my son to play with them, and he agreed to, however, he needs to appear on their team sheet another two times (I think) to qualify.  I'm worried if he has "played up" too many times, he might become ineligible to play for his proper team in the finals.

So I guess my question is, how many times can a player play up a grade in a season before he is classified as a 1's player and then can't play down in the 2's?

The knob head in the committee (the one responsible for answering **** like this) has made too many stuff ups for me to trust his answer.

Thanks for your time.

I have looked through the policies and by-laws and can't see anything which answers my question.

In brief, the situation is this.

My son is playing Div 2 (Jnrs) and his team has already won the premiership with 3 games to go. So finals spot certain.

The Div 1 team (who he has played with for a few seasons prior) are also in that position and if they win their first semi will qualify for nomination in C of C but will not have enough players to participate due to whatever reason. (Other sporting commitments etc)

They have asked my son to play with them, and he agreed to, however, he needs to appear on their team sheet another two times (I think) to qualify.  I'm worried if he has "played up" too many times, he might become ineligible to play for his proper team in the finals.

So I guess my question is, how many times can a player play up a grade in a season before he is classified as a 1's player and then can't play down in the 2's?

The knob head in the committee (the one responsible for answering **** like this) has made too many stuff ups for me to trust his answer.

Thanks for your time.

ice-t-confused.gif?w=650

Can't help you with your story, when I was in Granville it was 3 (maybe 5 times but really having a hard time remembering because it was 8-9 years ago) times you could play up before you had to be regarded in the higher team. I know in the churches it is 3 before you get regarded but with 3 divisions it isn't so much of a big deal.

How many times has he played for them before? I would be happy with 2 times being listed on the team sheet but I'd be a bit concerned with 3 or more appearances as you may be pushing your luck! What does the guy you don't trust say?

The guy I don't trust says he will be fine. Which likely means he won't be fine.

He has played with them twice I think, and their manager is saying he needs to have been on the sheet 3 times to be eligible. The kid plays a second game nearly every week, he plays up in the 15's a lot too, so I am hoping things don't go south.

The guy I don't trust says he will be fine. Which likely means he won't be fine.

He has played with them twice I think, and their manager is saying he needs to have been on the sheet 3 times to be eligible. The kid plays a second game nearly every week, he plays up in the 15's a lot too, so I am hoping things don't go south.

Okay the rules must be very different then because it's quite different to the ones that I've played in! Find out though ASAP!

My little brother has played for us this season for 3 games, he's under 16's 1 and my teams AA10. His team cannot mathematically make the final, so according to the email received from ' club official' he can play for us for the rest of the seasona as well as his own team

Edited by Rhys

My little brother has played for us this season for 3 games, he's under 16's 1 and my teams AA10. His team cannot mathematically make the final, so according to the email received from ' club official' he can play for us for the rest of the seasona as well as his own team

Yeah see that's a bit different because he is playing up an age group, or out of his age group. My bloke is listed as playing for the 1's and the 2's in the same age group. So I still can't find out how many games makes him a 1's player and ineligible to play back in 2's (his proper team)

Most of the time I've found its the 4th game that makes them an official member of the higher team. But this season in NDSFA the counter is reset so you can effectively play an extra 3 games for that team. Not sure if this is BDSFA though