Good read in today's paper my fellow wanderers

Guest ZipGunBop

For me the best part is the deafening silence from the Grubgy League world, who ALL (fans and media) did nothing but slam this as a waste of time and money.

Things like "it won't work" or "people out here love NRL and nothing else".

These people have either become fans or are forced to sit quietly and not beat their chest and proclaim league as the dominant force.

Feckin beyoodiful.

lol ''Mount Druitt and Penrith hate each other in just about everything, but the Wanderers have unified the west,''

2770 yeah buddy!!!!

Sensational stuff. I'm so extremely happy to see what is growing in front of my eyes, getting bigger each day. Not only are we leading the way in sport but also uniting the Western Suburbs cultures and ethnic divisions of the past, the diverse unity of nations under one common red and black banner, for the common love of the beautiful game. If someone told me back in the 80's that Marconi supporters would be cheering for the same side as Sydney United supporters in 30 years time, you would be locked up for treason. I am so proud to be an Australian, but more importantly an Australian Western Sydney Wanderers supporter.

lol ''Mount Druitt and Penrith hate each other in just about everything, but the Wanderers have unified the west,''

2770 yeah buddy!!!!

Sensational stuff. I'm so extremely happy to see what is growing in front of my eyes, getting bigger each day. Not only are we leading the way in sport but also uniting the Western Suburbs cultures and ethnic divisions of the past, the diverse unity of nations under one common red and black banner, for the common love of the beautiful game. If someone told me back in the 80's that Marconi supporters would be cheering for the same side as Sydney United supporters in 30 years time, you would be locked up for treason. I am so proud to be an Australian, but more importantly an Australian Western Sydney Wanderers supporter.

As long as dramas still unfold in Mt Druitt its all good. Love working in the area, always see, hear burning tyres, sirens, domestic yelling like "Don't you ever bring him back home again!"

EDIT: Funny, how my colleague walked in a takeaway store and ordered steak sandwich, and everyone in there all looked at him with the thought "who does this man think he is?" cause they all ordered chips only.

Edited by HungHuynh

2770 yeah buddy!!!!

Yes definitely a thing of beauty.

2770 yeah buddy!!!!

As long as dramas still unfold in Mt Druitt its all good. Love working in the area, always see, hear burning tyres, sirens, domestic yelling like "Don't you ever bring him back home again!"

EDIT: Funny, how my colleague walked in a takeaway store and ordered steak sandwich, and everyone in there all looked at him with the thought "who does this man think he is?" cause they all ordered chips only.

God I miss the “you fking spent all the nappies money on grog†lol

When I moved to the inner west I couldn’t sleep because there were no familiar sounds that you posted about.

What a great read. Summed up all my feelings and everything I am proud about this club perfectly.

Following posts did the same.

Only thing to add though, as a St.George supporter who grew up in the inner-city but moved out west I too laugh at league fans who thought the big threat to their game was from AFL. Lol-de-lol, This Wanderers phenomenon really WAS always going to happen. But not all league fans are like that. I used to think St.george supporters were the closest we came to European soccer supporters & and in honesty for a long time I think we were (always singing, win or lose, too often losing). We always felt most league commentators and supporters disliked us because of our diversity, singing and scarf waving et al. But nothing, and i really mean nothing comes close to a wanderers game (save maybe a grand final appearance by the Red V - and that is an unfair comparison). The way the whole stadium gets involved in the chants is amazing.

As a St.George fan I have always loved my team ...... BUT not the game.

As a soccer fan I loved the game ....... BUT didn't really have a team ( Bling FC pffft ).

BUT NOW ............. My God I love it, WHO DO WE SING FOR  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WhoDoWeSingFor