Arsenal Thread

Guest Rikitocker

Something is seriously wrong. It's July 26th and we've already signed two 25 year old international attackers, one with already 100 caps for his country. Someone's obviously run off with the cheque book.

At this rate we may actually have our squad set and done by the time opening day rolls around. Oh how I would love to go into transfer deadline day without any stress.

Edited by sydneycroatia58

Something is seriously wrong. It's July 26th and we've already signed two 25 year old international attackers, one with already 100 caps for his country. Someone's obviously run off with the cheque book.

At this rate we may actually have our squad set and done by the time opening day rolls around. Oh how I would love to go into transfer deadline day without any stress.

I know right, I'm kinda a little shocked. Haven't experienced this much spending in ages haha. Things are looking positive. Once we get rid of Vela, Chamakh, Bendtner, Denilson, Squillaci and Park (Maybe not all of them) then we will have a massive free wage bill and some extra transfer money. Need to sell them fast!

The festiva has not yet left.

Plenty of room for more to fit in.

The pre-season car boot sale squad tour of Nigeria should see a few sold, or left in the airport before returning to London.

Almunia the Morris dancer has been moved on apparently. only took 3 yrs

The problem with trying to get rid of these blokes money is that many of them are wages way over what anyone is willing to match, so they can just sit on our books collecting their wage knowing they can let the club try an sell them, then just fail to agree personal times cos the new club won't meet their current wage demands.

I shed a few tears this morning, absolutely devastated

BUT

I'm slowly becoming positive, I would be more angry and devastated if we hadn't have signed Giroud and Podolski, so strikers are fine it's more of where v.Persie ends up that worries me.

I shed a few tears this morning, absolutely devastated

BUT

I'm slowly becoming positive, I would be more angry and devastated if we hadn't have signed Giroud and Podolski, so strikers are fine it's more of where v.Persie ends up that worries me.

You know where he's going.

Well City will need someone up front. Otherwise what's going to happen when they sell Dzeko, Balotelli is in jail for crashing a stolen bulldozer through a school and Tevez feels like playing golf in Argentina for a few months mid season.

22mil

225k a week.

But wasn't about the money!

Mind you, if he says it's about winning trophies, loan him to Celtic.

They can have him.

Good luck getting a full season out him, it took us 8yrs.

Edited by GaryFish

He can go too.

Useless last season but for 15 minutes v spurs

How much would you expect for him, more importantly, where can you find a suitable replacement?

His English, which should triple his price, so £12m

Suitable replacements to be found in French, or Dutch leagues.

Just not by wenger, at a price he's willing to pay, in the next three seasons.

I was saddened at first regards RVP but now I'm keen to sell him off if this is how he repays a club that stuck with him through constant injuries ... get 20 mil for him now and buy some other players!

He is deserving of being benched for the loyalty he is showing the club but it isn't practical as I'm sure you well know ... if he wants to go, and if we can get a big cheque for him - we might as well be as ruthless as he is.

Edited by Tikirocker