Liverpool FC Thread

They have gone for the retro 70's/80's kit when u view it on the clip it looks good maybe a little plain but Liverpool fans have given it the thumbs up overseas it's better the Marseille,Arsenal/Real and Manchester tea towel united.

Guest Rikitocker

Doesn't look good to me at all ... one of the worst Pool kits ever IMO ... as I said elsewhere, it is going to be a season of $hit kits for many teams, this is no exception. Looks ill fitting and sloppy ... like supporters gear, not 1st team kit.

Edited by Rikitocker

Well thats what happens when you leave Adidas who where only going to offer half what Warrior was offering and is 25 mill pounds.

And it will be a home kit for 1 year only the yanks want a new home kit every year by the looks of is $$$ is all there after.

What's happened with Liverpool and Adidas?. Apart from Bayern Munich they were the only big European team that I know that stuck with same brand. Liverpool and Adidas to me always used to go together.

Real and AC Milan and chelsea are stille with adidas. Adidas only offered 12.5 mill per season and Warrior offered 25 mill per season Adidas did not want to match that as on form they were not worth that so they left Adidas and signed a deal with Warrior it's all got to do with man utd's 23 mill deal with nike.

Real and AC Milan and chelsea are stille with adidas. Adidas only offered 12.5 mill per season and Warrior offered 25 mill per season Adidas did not want to match that as on form they were not worth that so they left Adidas and signed a deal with Warrior it's all got to do with man utd's 23 mill deal with nike.

Funny that they said it's got to do with form, Liverpool are still one of the most watched teams on the planet, not to mention how many replica shirts they sell.

The video doesn't appear to be working, lol.

Funny that eh!

Thats how the person done as there is nothing to see zero goals and assists lol

Give him one more season I reckon... I think Carroll may come good if he gets some decent service from the wings which he hasn't been getting from Downing, Henderson or Kuyt. On top of the lack of wingers Its been another shocking year for Gerrard with injury so the centre of midfield has been unstable.

I think new left and right midfielders (as I hear Maxi and possibly Kuyt are going) a fit Gerrard, more game time for Shelvey in Midfield and Bellamy up front and we're in with a shot.

I can see Bellamy and Suarez as a strike pairing causing all sorts of problems for teams

Kuyt had struck up a good partnership with Suarez , however, Kenny was always changing his selection preferences in the latter part of the year, which it apperas has led to Kuyt being tipped to leave.

Kenny should have concentrated on our obvious defensive frailties, rather than signing and retaining multiple attacking midfield and or striking combinations.

Creating goal scoring opportunities wasn't the problem, however, putting the ball in the old onion bag was an issue.

Carroll should be targeted as a marquee signing for WSFC. :yahoo:

Kuyt had struck up a good partnership with Suarez , however, Kenny was always changing his selection preferences in the latter part of the year, which it apperas has led to Kuyt being tipped to leave.

Kenny should have concentrated on our obvious defensive frailties, rather than signing and retaining multiple attacking midfield and or striking combinations.

Creating goal scoring opportunities wasn't the problem, however, putting the ball in the old onion bag was an issue.

Carroll should be targeted as a marquee signing for WSFC. :yahoo:

What defensive frailties?? Only Manchester City and United had less goals scored against them than we did. That's pretty impressive.

As you stated, creating opportunities wasn't an issue, scoring them was. We had the third most shots in the league, behind City and Chelsea. We had 30 MORE shots than united and scored 42 LESS goals. We scored less than 10% of our chances on goal. THAT is the issue. A conversion rate similar to United's puts us in the top four and maybe even challenging for the title, on the same stats that we already had.

So what's the root problem to that?

The lead up? Obviously not, the shots on goal were there. Although our passing has been left wanting at times, the extended pitch time of Lucas, Shelvey and Gerrard together next season should bring some better results. (IMO) There's been a lot of criticism against Downing for no goals or assists. But he supplied 55 chances and had 72 shots on goal. Obviously the lead up is there.

The defence? As stated, third place in goals against this season would suggest that that area, whilst always able to improve is also not a massive problem. We also had injuries to three of our main defensive players, Agger, Lucas and Johnson.

The manager? How can he do anything about scoring goals other than getting on the park and slotting some himself? Although he is somewhat responsible for the players he has and the ones he plays, he has managed his team into a position that sees them in the top four for shots on goal and goals against.

The attitude? Maybe, at times there has been a lack of hunger in the way Liverpool have played.

But mainly as you all already know, Liverpool's biggest issue this season, was putting the ball in the goal. So, who's responsible and how do you fix it?

Suarez. 31 Appearances, 11 goals and 128 shots. As good as he is, he needs to be scoring more as our front man. We either need someone else to play alongside him who can score goals and take some of the defenders off him to free him up, or get someone else.

Carroll. 35 Appearances, 4 goals and 88 shots. Obviously as we all know, not good enough. Not only is his goal scoring column well below par, but for the majority of the season he has looked completely lost in this Liverpool side. I am encouraged by some of his recent performances but can we afford to "wait and see" if he comes up trumps? Even if he does, is he what Liverpool needs? A powerful presence in the box and an aerial threat, not to mention a mean left foot, still puts a firing Carroll as a secondary striker in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that our other players have even less impressive stats isn't a good thing, but we can't afford for our main strike partnership to only have 15 league goals between them after 226 shots. So, is it shooting drills for the boys, or quite simply another striker?

I know it's rarely cheap or easy to find someone to put 20+ goals away a season, but we need it if we want to compete next season so wallets out boys, if you want the prize. But we also need other players to be helping out, something HAS to be done about these shooting stats. I don't know if they practice it at training or not, but there needs to be some work in this area for sure.

Whatever the answer is, kicking out Kenny is not it. A manager who understands not only the game, but their players, their team and the way they react to him, is one of the biggest assets a club can have. YOU CAN'T DO THAT IN ONE SEASON. Stability and ability have to mix here, I believe that Kenny is the right man for the job and I would give him another TWO years, not just one. Sport around the world could learn something about using this method, and for proof all you need to do is look at Manchester United, they have nothing near the playing roster of City and quite often don't have the better team than those placed around them, but year after year, they compete for the title.

Anyway, that's what I reckon. :good:

Anyone agree?

Edited by Sub

I agree for the most part Sub my only difference of opinion is on the service to the strikers. Although we've had that many shots on goal there is no mention of how many were created out of nothing after a crap ball in.

A lot of the shots were from impossible angles or a long way out as we lacked the imagination to breakdown the defence. This was particularly evident against sides playing 5 across the midfield with 2 DM's.

I reckon that a whole heap more of those shots would have been converted by our current strike team if the delivery had of been more accurate, and consistently so.

I think a lot of our issues are attitude. For the life of me, it was frustrating as hell to perform against the big clubs and then lose to the lower half of the table. Most players at this level have the skill, it's getting them prepared for game day.

Personally, I'd stick with Carrol. His confidence was shot, after coping so much flak from Kenny and the supporters, then sitting on the sidelines. He's a target man that the likes of Bellamy and Suarez should run off. I love Bellamy, he's a bloody terrier. A fit Gerrard (although showing his age a bit) with more game time will do wonders for us.

Suarez, the human headline, I'd flick him. He's destabilising and isn't performing to the level we need our gun striker to perform at. Open the chequebook (again) and just get a gun striker.

As for Kenny, last chance saloon. He bought in a lot players he wanted. He's had a season to instil his culture and style. Next year is it.