DREAM JOB

Jukes01

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/media-and-communications-manager/in/sydney-parramatta-western-suburbs/23578317

I was looking on seek and came across the above job description. Unfortunately for me this is not in my field, but this could be someone's DREAM JOB. Imagine combining your passion for the Wanderers and getting paid to do it.

From what I can see its a pretty full on Job and would be a pretty important one. I thought what better way to get the word out than to post it on here. If anyone knows who would be a perfect fit for the role I suggest you point them in the right direction.

I've done this before - as in, thought I'd landed my dream job. Here's my long story cut short:

- Was working in the printing industry (where I'm a tradesman) and just after I'd finished my apprenticeship was working in sales on 40k a year, 2 mins drive from my house

- Landed a job working for Ibanez Guitars/Tama Drums wholesaler in Australia, an hours drive in traffic from home for 37k a year (i.e. less money, more petrol)

- Loved it for ages, and had a couple of perks here and there got to help set up Dave Lombardo from Slayer's drumkit for a clinic he did, got a semi-private clinic from the drummer from good charlotte and got to see Rise Against for free)
- Got to the point where I was bored shitless. Dead end job, not enough money. My band stopped playing towards the end of my time there and I essentially lost my passion for music (writing, playing, listening) for about 3 years. 

Also did a job in travel for a year and whilst I didn't lose my passion for travelling, it took the fun out of it a little bit. 

Now I'm working in the printing industry which I am indifferent about, but I earn a sweet paycheck every week and hence once 5pm hits and I'm out the door, I don't think about work for a second until the next morning at 8:30

My dream job was communications systems operator in the Australian Army.... but then I gained an interest in logistics, so hopefully the injury I had a year ago, which is still giving me some problems, can completely heal in the next 12 months and I can go and reapply.

A pay cheque in the Army wouldn't mean jack to me, it's all about the flag and uniform.

A pay cheque in the Army wouldn't mean jack to me, it's all about the flag and uniform.

All Class mate! :-)

I don't have a dream job to be honest. I don't have a passion for what I do now either, I do it because its able to give me the lifestyle I want outside of work. I'm probably a bit materialistic but it's not all about that either. I can get the opportunity to be an Accountant anywhere in the world which appeals to me.

All Class mate! :-)

I don't have a dream job to be honest. I don't have a passion for what I do now either, I do it because its able to give me the lifestyle I want outside of work. I'm probably a bit materialistic but it's not all about that either. I can get the opportunity to be an Accountant anywhere in the world which appeals to me.

this is how I feel. My work does nothing for me on an emotional level. I dont like it, I hate it sometimes but essentially its just 'work'. I'm able to afford a house, food, high speed internet, and to have a beer on the weekend and watch the wanderers, and the only debt I'm in (apart from the mortgage which we're currently affording very comfortably) is a loan that I pay off about $60 a fortnight (aka almost nothing in the grand scheme). 

Probably looking at a bit of a payrise just after Xmas too, which will only help with saving to do things like go overseas and whatnot. 

I have a few.

Football player (centre back)

Football journalist

A myth buster

But I'm content with being an English teacher, but who knows what'll happen in the future :)

I have a few.

Football journalist

A myth buster

But I'm content with being an English teacher, but who knows what'll happen in the future :)

your a english teacher aye

thanks for killing my life :xnod:

Anytime... It's what I'm here for, but I'm no grammar nazi (except when marking papers/assignments/exams)

I have a few.

Football journalist

A myth buster

Its not hard to be football journalist, you can do that as a hobby to be honest!

I did, used to write for a website but my Masters got in the way so had to stop. I was talking about like a full time paying job with access to events etcetera.

I have a few.

Football journalist

A myth buster

your a english teacher aye

thanks for killing my life :xnod:

Anytime... It's what I'm here for, but I'm no grammar nazi (except when marking papers/assignments/exams)

I have a few.

Football journalist

A myth buster

Its not hard to be football journalist, you can do that as a hobby to be honest!

I did, used to write for a website but my Masters got in the way so had to stop. I was talking about like a full time paying job with access to events etcetera.

Ah fair enough - obviously that would be nice to be in the press box every week!

playin as a frontman of a heavy rock band (not necessarily metal) cant play & sing for $hit tho lol haha.

although being an Attackin Mid and also pulling off the mad as free kicks for the wanderers would be up there or being employed by WSW for just the derby games to play dirty and score goals/give $hit to the cove (celebrating, taunting etc)

GK for wsw, then move onto a position on fox sports and constantly gee up mark rudan and make drunken passes at mel mclaughlin at the christmas partys.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

this wins

Edited by Pup