Wrestling Thread

Zurg

I'm curious if anyone is into the wrestling here?

WWE, TNA, Ring of Honor, CZW, NXT(FCW), the old ECW days.

I'm very into the wrestling and follow indy wrestlers and watch them make their way to the top.

Now don't go reminding me about it being fake, a lot of it can be fake, I know. 

my CM Punk bluray arrived today :D

I've got to get my hands on that. So good to see CM Punk come so far as my favorite wrestler of this era. Kane is my attitude era fav. Not too keen on the current Kane but he is definitely one of if not possibly the most hardest working guy in the business.

But CM Punk and Paul Heyman working together is like... Amazing. I'm a Paul Heyman Girl :D

WWE games are pretty fun, but I much prefer the old playstation 2 WWF Smackdown games. Haven't tried WWE 13 yet though.

the last WWE game i got was either here comes the pain or shut your mouth i forget which one though i remember in the games both Kane and Undertaker were badass :D dont like how they removed Kane's mask i always liked the masked wrestlers best but i did like brock lesnar

does WWE 13 have a mode where you create a wrestler and play him in a preset interactive story mode? because that is the game mode that will get me to buy the game i dont care about the create your own storyline mode

also Triple H introduced me to motorhead

sorry if the video game talk counts as being off topic if it does anyone feel free to say so and i'll stop it i wasnt sure if it was OT or not

This is the Dean Ambrose, known as Jon Moxley when he was in CZW. He made his WWE main roster debut a few weeks ago at Survivor Series with Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns after they attacked Ryback (who is the worst thing to happen to wrestling) during his match with CM Punk leading to Punk retaining the title. He will have a match at TLC in a 6 man tables ladders and chairs match. This video shows you the kind of character he is. He comes off as a Joker like character from The Dark Knight. He just looks psychotic, but he is a future champion. He has it all. The looks, the character, the mic skills and the in-ring skills.

Here was his first interview on WWE. He absolutely pulls you in with the way he speaks and makes a masterpiece out of the word 'Nope'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O86tsPd4B_Q

Very excited to watch this guy.

Edited by Zurg

NOBODY....And i mean NOBODY, rocked the mic like The Rock....especially in the attitude era, one of you tech-savy bastards post his pre-match interview at armageddon where he imitates taker, HHH, rikishi, kurt angle & steve austin before the 6 man hell in a cell

Edited by ATP

haha I remember that.

But dude, even though I agree wholeheartedly regarding the Rock's mic skills...I must say, he was at time rather lacklustre last year leading up to the Cena match at mania. He was just rehashing stuff he used 10 years ago. It gets stale after a while.

I love the Rock though, but his time has passed now unfortunately.

And Zurg, I'm glad you and I agree on the Ryback bs. Just **** off already and give Ziggler a run ffs!

Since you're an indie fan I guess you're happy with Cesaro's steady rise to the top?

(I still need to watch the much hyped Kings of Wrestling v Worlds Greatest Tag Team match from ROH a year or so ago)

haha I remember that.

But dude, even though I agree wholeheartedly regarding the Rock's mic skills...I must say, he was at time rather lacklustre last year leading up to the Cena match at mania. He was just rehashing stuff he used 10 years ago. It gets stale after a while.

I love the Rock though, but his time has passed now unfortunately.

And Zurg, I'm glad you and I agree on the Ryback bs. Just **** off already and give Ziggler a run ffs!

Since you're an indie fan I guess you're happy with Cesaro's steady rise to the top?

(I still need to watch the much hyped Kings of Wrestling v Worlds Greatest Tag Team match from ROH a year or so ago)

Yes! Cesaro has AWESOME in-ring skills, but I think he needs to work on his character and I hope they don't give R-Truth the US title just yet, unless they plan on pushing Cesaro more. And like you, i'm waiting for Zigglers title run! The man is flawless. He is so good in the ring and on the mic. 

I'm sick of Cena (have been for a while) and the Ryback bs is just frustrating. They are the two individuals ruining WWE. Oh and Bordus Clay wtf...

When Cena turns heel i might get intrested in current events, been waiting 10yrs lol

Agreed the rocks time has passed, his run-in return wasnt as intresting to me as when he came back in 04 to reunite rock & sock connection at WM 20... i knew a Rock-Cena match was a long time coming, thank the lord the rock came away with the win at wrestlemania!

When Cena turns heel i might get intrested in current events, been waiting 10yrs lol

Agreed the rocks time has passed, his run-in return wasnt as intresting to me as when he came back in 04 to reunite rock & sock connection at WM 20... i knew a Rock-Cena match was a long time coming, thank the lord the rock came away with the win at wrestlemania!

Cena will never turn heel.

I've been calling for a Hogan-esque circa mid 90s nWo heel turn for Cena for 8 years ffs!

It will be the greatest heel turn of all time and all the kiddies will kill themselves because their hero super Cena turned baddie.

But thats precisely the reason why it'll never happen. He sells too much merch, does too much work for the WWE outside of the ring and is too big an asset in that space to ever turn heel. I respect what Cena does outside the ring and he always gives his all. Hell, sometimes he actually is pretty damn good on the mic - I was a fan of his first Dr of Thugonomics gimmick.

I just hate how he overcomes all the odds all the frakken time and is always in the title picture.

AJ will turn heel on Cena at TLC and side with Ziggler to become the real power couple. And I have no problem with that

AJ :meep::yahoo: :coolio: :give_rose: :give_rose: :air_kiss::wub: :wub: :shock:

Remember duing the feud between Rock and Cena when a few weeks before Wrestlemania Cena came out in his Dr of Thuganonics gear and music... It was the only time I could remember ever marking out for Cena