Liverpool FC Thread

About time we introduced a Liverpool FC Thread on here for all the pool supporters on here.

Gerrard: We'd still need to strengthen

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1063282/liverpool-captain-steve-gerrard-underlines-need-to-strengthen?cc=3436

What are your thoughts on Gerrard's Comments for this seasons results?

What are your thoughts on Gerrard's Comments for this seasons results?

I thought his comments were grossly understated.

He actually mean't to say - we sucked this year.

Carragher has been a loyal servant but seriously, he should retire after tonights glorious victory.

Taurus, if we don't have a serious cleanout, we'll, I'll chew my dogs dried up turd. Yeah, okay, that's pushing it a bit far. I'll chew the cats. They're fussier eater's.

Soon as i saw the line up i knew we had no chance. the Manager has to go with Downing/Spearing/Enrique/Henderson/Adams/Kyut/Carregher just to name a few and i hope Maxi stays he is class.

go the pool!

It's funny (and perhaps saddening) that Carrol has ended up being a better purchase than Torres was for Chelsea :rofl:

Edited by Jowel

I hope not i hope we bring back Benitez or sign Rajkaard or joachim lowe the german manager.

I hope not i hope we bring back Benitez or sign Rajkaard or joachim lowe the german manager.

There is no way I want Benitez back. I reckon they should poach Graham Arnold, show FC what they missed out on :P

Some capable defenders would be a good start.

I think our defense is largely ok.

When Agger and Skrtel played a long stint together at the back we had the second least goals scored against us in the league. Maybe getting another capable centre half is the answer, it's hard to tell if Coates will cut the mustard just yet.

Despite the FA Cup final and the last few games, Enrique has been awesome for us this year too and we do have Aurelio as backup who I've always thought was solid, and we have a fair bit of quality depth on the right.

Midfield is definitely a MASSIVE problem.

Firstly Defensive Midfield. Lucas had been filling that spot really well and had become an extremely important part of our team. But after injury who knows how he will go? He worked extremely hard to get to the standard he was at, after heaps of criticism from fans (myself included) he put in and came up good. I just hope that he comes back at the same level. We've had some pretty good DM's over the last ten years and it's such an underrated position sometimes. I don't think it would hurt to invest in a young DM to play there in rotation or as a backup to Lucas. Not sure still if Spearing has what it takes. He works really hard but makes some pretty game impacting mistakes a little too often. He's a really nice passer though.

Adam hasn't lived up to his season last year with Blackpool and I wouldn't be upset to see him go in the off season.

Shelvey looks to be a good player in the making, his creativity and willingness to get forward is encouraging, he's scored some nice goals in reserves and on loan with B'pool so hopefully he can bring some of that to Liverpool next season unless he's sent back out on loan.

Gerrard. Still awesome, only criticism is his shooting, obviously he scored that awesome hat trick, but other than that his shooting has been questionable at the least. With our forwards not scoring lots, we really need more goal threats in midfield too. Gerrard has always been that so hopefully he can get it together and put in a 20+ season next year. He's probably only got a few left.

Henderson. Wouldn't be sad to see him go either, not sure why we bought him, he had a few good games for Sunderland but just doesn't fit in and whilst he is reasonably solid I don't think he ads anything to our team.

I was a little pissed off when we let Meireles go last year, I think he is a great player.

Wingers. Whilst I like Downing, he needs to do more. He's got it in him, but obviously something was going wrong this season and his assists and goal columns need to be higher.

How long until they promote Sterling to the first team? He is an extremely exciting prospect and I can't wait to see him playing more regularly. I think he came on only once, and looked threatening, but he's still really young of course.

I think there's a need for investment for the right wing. Kuyt looks like he might be heading out, maxi is a great player as a supersub or to use on occasion (although an extended run in the side might be an interesting experiment) and the same with Bellamy. We need to have someone on that side who can play similar to Bellamy for 90. Hazard would be perfect, not sure if we're in the fight for him though. But if we're going to keep Carroll crosses need to be much much better.

Forwards. Saurez has been awesome again this year, but he's also proved that no matter how good he plays or how much trouble he causes defenders, he can't be counted on as our leading goalscorer. He needs to have someone alongside him to be banging in goals too. At the moment, Carroll just doesn't cut it. So that's a big question, do we stick with him and give him more chances or do we sell him.

I think sell, or if possible have as a third striker while investing in another top drawer striker. We can't afford to sit around and wait for him to come good. If he does then great, I like the guy and think that when he plays well he is a huge asset. But we can't wait until January to fix that problem.

Dalglish. I am a firm believer in stability in coaching team and management. But in saying that obviously we need to have someone who we believe can do the job. That's why I think certain players need to leave. But I think Dalglish is still the man for the coaching role, although we'll have to keep an eye on him this season. He might be trying to play a game that hasn't been played in 20 years and that may not get us anywhere.

Anyway sorry for the essay, but that's loosely what I think about Liverpool now and what we should try and focus on next season. IMO of course. Sure I forgot some stuff in there too.

Let me know what you think.

Some capable defenders would be a good start.

Especially at left back Taurus enrique is very poor can't defend and can't run he was a fault for a couple of goals this season at left back. and another CB wouldn't be bad either.

Also we need a right winger and an attacking midfielder and a striker.

Sub, what are you doing next season. I hear there's an opening in the Liverpool football Dept.

There's already a stack of Aussies on the staff particularly trainers and medical staff.

Maybe we could use Subs insight as a techical consultant.

Also I reckon we need an Aussie coach (sorry manager) to bring out some mongrel in our current squad and get them to perform at their optimum level.

I'm available but I don't come cheap.

Edited by Taurus

i think its also time we start an Everton FC thread

Go ahead you should enjoy talking to your imaginary friends in there.

:rofl::P:rofl:

Look's like the pastore's got no mates on this forum.

Just 12 visits thus far and it appears that he's talking to himself over there in his blue half of Liverpool thread.

Sub, what are you doing next season. I hear there's an opening in the Liverpool football Dept.

There's already a stack of Aussies on the staff particularly trainers and medical staff.

Maybe we could use Subs insight as a techical consultant.

Also I reckon we need an Aussie coach (sorry manager) to bring out some mongrel in our current squad and get them to perform at their optimum level.

I'm available but I don't come cheap.

The Aussie conditioning Coach left a couple of weeks ago.

I think flying back to Parra from Liverpool every other week might compromise my work load. :P

cgorac,

Why are you giving credence to that blue half of Liverpool thread?

Even if you were having a light hearted crack at their lone Austrlian supporter, please desist immediately.

BTW :good:

Posted A minute ago

Well from an insider on merseyside this will be the new club logo on there nike shirts.

347fm11.jpg

Nice win by Liverpool Fc this morning 4-1 over chelsea but why couldn't they play like this in the FA Cup? And Carroll clutching his face when he got elbowed in the chest and downing missing the penalty the dower note of the evening other then that they should have put another 5 or 6 past chelsea.

Does anyone remember my fearless FA prediction.

I backed the 4 - 1 result to Liverpool on Sunday and didn't think to follow up last night.

Must have been a preminition.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Liverpool in a canter 4 - 1 which is currently paying $81.00 with the TAB.

Suarez and Gerrard will get a double each and Torres will get the lone goal for the other mob.

Nice win by Liverpool Fc this morning 4-1 over chelsea but why couldn't they play like this in the FA Cup? And Carroll clutching his face when he got elbowed in the chest and downing missing the penalty the dower note of the evening other then that they should have put another 5 or 6 past chelsea.

Just added another to the tally of missed penalties and hitting the woodwork in one shot.

We need to be doing pen practice I think...

(Did anyone see the video on the Liverpool website with the blindfold challenges? Skrtel can take pens!)

But yes good win, another Chelsea double in the league, love it.

We need to score more goals to get these results more often, performances are generally there just need to find the net, so good to see us doing it today.

I like the look of Shelvey.

He's got some mongrel in him.

All in all, a 4 -1 win over Chelski wasn't a bad way to start a birthday. :yahoo:

Edited by Taurus

I like the look of Shelvey.

He's got some mongrel in him.

All in all, a 4 -1 win over Chelski wasn't a bad way to start a birthday. :yahoo:

Happy Birthday Mate! :drinks:

Yeah I like the look of Shelvey too, good to see him get a league goal, that'll be good for his confidence. It was a sweet hit, even though the keeper wasn't in the goal.

He takes a nice free kick too, actually I would have had him on pen duty.

Excited to see him next year!