Wanderers NPL vs North Shore Mariners 2/3/2019 7:00PM

I was at Edensor for this match, Mo Adam chipped the keeper for the first goal, sensational to watch.

North Shore however were scum, complete and utter scum. Mouthing off all match, screaming at the ref every 2 minutes - I haven't seen behaviour like that for a long time.

So after full time I leaned over the fence and gave it back to them, went down like a lead balloon.

23 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

I was at Edensor for this match, Mo Adam chipped the keeper for the first goal, sensational to watch.

North Shore however were scum, complete and utter scum. Mouthing off all match, screaming at the ref every 2 minutes - I haven't seen behaviour like that for a long time.

So after full time I leaned over the fence and gave it back to them, went down like a lead balloon.

You filled in the missing info that Football NSW didn't publish

"The youthful Wanderers side left it late to seal the win in their round 1 fixture against a North Shore side looking to smash and grab all three points. North Shore’s physical play took the young Wanderers off guard as they tried to impose their will and control over the game. A Wanderers side, coached by Arthur Diles, baring all bones in the players department, managed to weather the storm on numerous occasions and their resilience was proving to boost their chances in the match. The home would eventually take the lead through Mohamed Adam who showed a touch of finesse lobbing the keeper. The Marines would quickly respond through Mitchell Smith who nailed the equaliser ensuring his side kept in the match and the pressure on the Wanderers. As each side fought to find their chances, the result looked to be in the balance and remain deadlocked as the final whistle drew nearer. Adam had other plans in mind as he got himself into a fine goalscoring opportunity and took full advantage to grab himself a brace and a later winner as all three points went to the lads in red and black. It was a valuable three points for Diles’ squad who boost the youngest team in the NPL 2 NSW Men’s competition and having lost the likes of players such as Tass Mourdoukoutas, Kosta Grozos, Abraham Majok, Nick Suman, Tate Russell, Jordan Roberts and Mark Tokich to the club’s senior A-League team, the signs are there that the coach has more hidden gems ready to be unleashed this year."

Surely the Wanderers youth team would be the exact opposite of unprepared for playing against physical sides? This is the 4th season in the NPL and almost every week they play against a team who try to kick them off the park.

1 minute ago, mack said:

Surely the Wanderers youth team would be the exact opposite of unprepared for playing against physical sides? This is the 4th season in the NPL and almost every week they play against a team who try to kick them off the park.

It is the Football NSW report so probably done without any real research except for watching the game.

Our guys play football but to know the mentality of the NS Mariners you would have to know their backgrounds. I have heard that a quite a few are from that NPL Club that charges exhorbitant fees to their juniors (aka Mr Druitt Town Rangers). Maybe some of them trialled for us but failed. Who knows?