Wanderers from Blacktown

Time for us in the blacktown council area region to gather around for a wsw gathering get together to get to know others within our local area. Discuss possible location for a drink venue and catch up date in off season depending on facilites and location of our fans as Blacktown council is a large area. All WSW fans are welcomed to attend but the focus is to get to know your fellow wsw neighbour.

Slack man, just because im from Fairfield Council im not considered your neighbour? aahahaha

are your drinking vouchers able to be used in another council area??

My drink vouchers are usable across Western Sydney, they do have an expiry date of 3 months from the day i grant a person one!

Yes, our area is very vast.  You can wipe St Patrick's Tavern off the list now - they have stopped showing football!  There's a few licenced clubs around though.  Does it have to be a place that shows football??  I quite like the Royal Cricketers Arms at Prospect, but I haven't been there since it changed owners.  Check it out.  Note it got it's licence in 1880 - very significant!

http://www.mycricketers.com.au/index.php

What other suggestions do people have??

Time for us in the blacktown council area region to gather around for a wsw gathering get together to get to know others within our local area. Discuss possible location for a drink venue and catch up date in off season depending on facilites and location of our fans as Blacktown council is a large area. All WSW fans are welcomed to attend but the focus is to get to know your fellow wsw neighbour.

I have around 10 mates who are fanatical supporters that live in B'town (they dont bother coming on here because I just fill them in on whats happening) I will be sure to let them all know about this thread, they are always up for a chance to meet people and drink of course.

I agree with Red head I have heard very good things about the Royal Cricketers Arm, quote from my old man "probably the closest pub in the region that emulates a english pub"

Edited by Wanderersfan91

I have around 10 mates who are fanatical supporters that live in B'town (they dont bother coming on here because I just fill them in on whats happening) I will be sure to let them all know about this thread, they are always up for a chance to meet people and drink of course.

I agree with Red head I have heard very good things about the Royal Cricketers Arm, quote from my old man "probably the closest pub in the region that emulates a english pub"

Why not a Blacktown City game?

I am really going to make an extra effort this winter to get to as many PL games as I can. Particularly with BWE, SU & Blacktown all tipped to have a pretty good season.

ive also heard its a good gathering place Royal Cricketers Arm, ive got a few friends I always go with to matches who don't post here, as long as the venue allows for jerseys eg show colours and don't mind if we get a bit loud as im sure a few chants will be belted out then im happy.

Given it started in 1880 - it was an English pub.  It still sells English beer - London Pride, one of my Pommy husband's favourites.  I have no idea how they'd respond to chants, etc.  If we decide it's worth a go, I can ask them.  But we need to see what other people suggest too.

I like the idea of following Blacktown City too.  Blacktown Spartans would be Blacktown-local too.

I was there last weekend and I like it.

Blacktown Bloc reprezant!

Some one had suggested the Lone Pine Tavern (?). I know nothing about it. Any good?

yer i been there a few times its a large area with pool tables outdoor smoking area etc, right next door to rooty hill station.Close to wear the wanderers train. Free pool all sunday

Some one had suggested the Lone Pine Tavern (?). I know nothing about it. Any good?

Yessum, good for a feed thats for sure.

Five minutes from my joint, so happy days.

Anyone see the size of the new water park being built next to the Cricketers Arms and the drive in ?

Was there on Saturday and looks like it will be huge.

Apparently they are going to redevelop the drive-in as well, making it all 60's retro with better food etc too.

If we had decent numbers though, both pubs might be a bit small (thinking big hey), Rooty Hill RSL ?

Anyways, will be good anywhere. Small and cozy could be better for winter come think of it, haven't been in to The Cricketers Arms.

Every time I used to go past there I saw a heap of bikies and used to shite myself. Soft i know :xnod:

Edited by WhoDoWeSingFor

Yessum, good for a feed thats for sure.

Five minutes from my joint, so happy days.

Anyone see the size of the new water park being built next to the Cricketers Arms and the drive in ?

Was there on Saturday and looks like it will be huge.

Apparently they are going to redevelop the drive-in as well, making it all 60's retro with better food etc too.

If we had decent numbers though, both pubs might be a bit small (thinking big hey), Rooty Hill RSL ?

Anyways, will be good anywhere. Small and cozy could be better for winter come think of it, haven't been in to The Cricketers Arms.

Every time I used to go past there I saw a heap of bikies and used to shite myself. Soft i know :xnod:

yer i always thought it was a bikie pub too, RSL club might be a bit hard to get everyone in if there not a member and live within the area,

Bikies at the Royal Cricketers Arms??  How long ago was that??  You'll see it filled with suits Monday to Friday during the day as it's the only decent food close to the industrial area near there.  I've seen the execs from the Japanese companies bring their Japanese visiting bosses there to soak up some Australian history.  They have family groups on weekends - have a kids' play area.  Some years ago we used to go to Monday night wine tasting evenings.  BUT I haven't been there since the Kellie family sold the business.  We are thinking of heading over there tonight and grabbing a bite to eat and a few drinks to try it out.

There's also the Mean Fiddler - but some people think this place has a bad reputation too.  The Blacktown Workers Club - RSL club.  I just can't see a club being happy about chanting.

But the original idea was to find a place to meet up and get to know Wanderers fans in our area - wear our Wanderers gear and keep the team in the public eye - help support our club by advertising it.  So do we need a place to chant???

Bikies at the Royal Cricketers Arms??  How long ago was that??  You'll see it filled with suits Monday to Friday during the day as it's the only decent food close to the industrial area near there.  I've seen the execs from the Japanese companies bring their Japanese visiting bosses there to soak up some Australian history.  They have family groups on weekends - have a kids' play area.  Some years ago we used to go to Monday night wine tasting evenings.  BUT I haven't been there since the Kellie family sold the business.  We are thinking of heading over there tonight and grabbing a bite to eat and a few drinks to try it out.

There's also the Mean Fiddler - but some people think this place has a bad reputation too.  The Blacktown Workers Club - RSL club.  I just can't see a club being happy about chanting.

But the original idea was to find a place to meet up and get to know Wanderers fans in our area - wear our Wanderers gear and keep the team in the public eye - help support our club by advertising it.  So do we need a place to chant???

I would say we do - I woudn't want to go to a place where people get sand in their vagina when we start a tune. Also thinking of getting a small drum - just to keep the beat lol

as long as the venue is aware that we may break out into a chant every now and then, we will have to give them a call before hand just to ensure theres no hassle to let us in. Its mainly just a place we can get to know one another and well if the pub/venue is a hit then it can become a focal point if not then we can arrange to move around a few places. I believe pubs are usually a bit more relaxed where as clubs might be a bit more tighter on the no jerseys attire or the noise roudy crew. If we can choose a venue by the end of the week then we can get the ball rolling for organising the date. Also if you know of fans that aren't on the forum get their opinions on locations.

So far possible venues nominated have been,

Royal Crickets Prospect

Brewhouse Marrayong

Lone Pine Tavern Rooty Hill

RSL Rooty Hill

Mt Druitt maccas car park :ninja:

Do you want to add:

The Mean Fiddler

Blacktown Workers Club

Blacktown RSL Club

But as mentioned above, club have their problems.

What about parks and "bring your own"??

eg. Nurragingy Reserve at Doonside, Rouse Hill Regional Park, the redeveloped Blacktown Showground???

Mean Fidler would be good for us Norwesters but I think it would be too far for other Blacktown guys. Had a rep for been a little roughy too.

I must say I don't frequent too many pubs so will trust my brothers on here.

I guess I would say something central for boys from Prospect to Stanhope Stanhope Gardens, and that would welcome us.

Yes parks are also something we new to look into. What are ur opinions on Blacktown show ground?

We can also have gatherings at the Wanderers training ground if possible. One activity could e to pick the odd training session and turn up singing - club permitting it off course.

Edited by westofcentre

Mean Fidler would be good for us Norwesters but I think it would be too far for other Blacktown guys. Had a rep for been a little roughy too.

I guess I would say something central for boys from Prospect to Stanhope Stanhope Gardens, and that would welcome us.

Yes parks are also something we new to look into. What are ur opinions on Blacktown show ground?

We can also have gatherings at the Wanderers training ground if possible. One activity could e to pick the odd training session and turn up singing - club permitting it off course.

i knew someone who knew one of the bouncers at that place and i heard some pretty bad stories about the mean fidler

i knew someone who knew one of the bouncers at that place and i heard some pretty bad stories about the mean fidler

Yeah you have different groups that come from all over WS and it can become a powder keg.

Ettamogah pub down the road is pretty good but again it would be a 30 minute drive for someone from Prospect.

Is there any good pub in Kings Langley?

Royal Crickets Prospect

Brewhouse Marrayong

RSL Rooty Hill

The Mean Fiddler

Blacktown Workers Club

Blacktown RSL Club

The Alroy Tavern plumpton

I used to visit the mean fiddler when i was a bit younger its more of nightclub/pub/live venue weekend nights. Like any venue it can get rough and it was a known bandidos drinking waterhole along with rebels ettamogah and bandidos at bush at at baulkham hills. But these days I believe a lot of them are blacklisted/ barred at drinking at these venues.

all good ideas, the more locations ideas venues the better.

Do you want to add:

The Mean Fiddler

Blacktown Workers Club

Blacktown RSL Club

But as mentioned above, club have their problems.

What about parks and "bring your own"??

eg. Nurragingy Reserve at Doonside, Rouse Hill Regional Park, the redeveloped Blacktown Showground???

as long as the venue is aware that we may break out into a chant every now and then, we will have to give them a call before hand just to ensure theres no hassle to let us in. Its mainly just a place we can get to know one another and well if the pub/venue is a hit then it can become a focal point if not then we can arrange to move around a few places. I believe pubs are usually a bit more relaxed where as clubs might be a bit more tighter on the no jerseys attire or the noise roudy crew. If we can choose a venue by the end of the week then we can get the ball rolling for organising the date. Also if you know of fans that aren't on the forum get their opinions on locations.

Royal Crickets Prospect

Brewhouse Marrayong

RSL Rooty Hill

ah see, now we're getting somewhere.

If we were going to truly 'represent' then sitting on a slab in a park would actually hit the spot lol.

Royal Crickets Prospect

Brewhouse Marrayong

RSL Rooty Hill

If we were going to truly 'represent' then sitting on a slab in a park would actually hit the spot lol.

and theres no shortage of milk crates we can all sit on

Personally I reckon the Fiddler is one of the best pubs in Sydney.

I think the violence is all Fri/Sat night stuff.

Nurragingy, haha, you can all crash my daughter's 3 year old birthday party on the Saturday before Mothers day  :rofl:  read ... sign divorce papers here.

As an aside, not suitable for what we're thinking, but I recommend The Alroy Tavern, which is down the road from my place on Rooty Hill Rd North

and is a nice spot for a meal, and a quiet drink on the wrap around verandah. You don't feel like you're in Plumpton, put it that way.

Royal Crickets Prospect

Brewhouse Marrayong

RSL Rooty Hill

and theres no shortage of milk crates we can all sit on

haha true.

Edited by WhoDoWeSingFor

would be good bonus if its a venue that supports football or has football ties or shows football matches, I just cant think of any within the blacktown council region. Nurragingy reserve is a great place to just don't know about the time it closes I believe its 5pm in winter. I know a few ppl including myself that work weekends so getting there with available time might be an issue unless its held on a public holiday ie queens bday june  10th.

i reckon in the not too distant future we narrow it down to 2 places and pick one and just do it.

Can always move on to something better if its no good.

OD's at Emu Plains today was good without the pub itself being anything football related, but it would obviously be a bonus.