Golf! Anyone here play?

Just noticed this thread. I'm crap but do enjoy getting out as often as possible for a bash around a course. A round of gold then beers is always a good day. I'd be keen for a round with whoever is up for it, provided they are a rubbish player like me.

I'm terribly terrible. Iron play is okay but woods is worse. I'm keen for a round... Parramatta golf course or somewhere like that

You played at Fox Hills (I think it's in Greystanes, or close to it). it's a pretty good course. I haven't played Parra, is it any good?

Fox hils is my favourite course. Love it . A bit narrow but a challenge. The 11th always gets me with its pesky creek

Parramatta is not good. Its in bad condition but its still fun. And cheap haha

So parramatta is like the course at fairfield then lol.

Haha thats probably the closest thing to describe it to. But I like playing Fox Hills ,but don't get out there enough.

I just remembered, as it stands I work in Golf Retail, so I can get you some cheaper gear if you need!

Haha thats probably the closest thing to describe it to. But I like playing Fox Hills ,but don't get out there enough.

I just remembered, as it stands I work in Golf Retail, so I can get you some cheaper gear if you need!

I'll have to remember that for the future then. When you want to go for a hit, let me know & I'll book us at Fox Hills. Should try get some of the other lads out as well.

I'll have to remember that for the future then. When you want to go for a hit, let me know & I'll book us at Fox Hills. Should try get some of the other lads out as well.

Yeah I'm keen on that! Don't know how long I'll be around there, but If you want the price on anything I'll give you a quote...below the members price of my store. haha

I'm waiting for the invention of a golf ball with built in GPS so I can find it after I've hooked it off into the wilderness.

There is a concept of that somewhere....but its not mass production... Callaway I think...

Sounds like we got a couple of people who are keen. Give me dates when you lads want to have a hit & i'll arrange it. NickosCPC, where abouts are you, so we can try play a course that is a good location for everyone.

you guys need to play some more courses if u think Fox Hills is good :xnod:

For hackers like me, it's not bad. I've played at some really nice courses (like Macquarie Links) but i get the s**ts to easily because those courses are pretty hard for my skill level.

you guys need to play some more courses if u think Fox Hills is good :xnod:

Haha its no Grade A Course, but its decent. Better than Parramatta to say the least.

The work guys play out at Macquarie links for golf days..

My mates all play at Castle hill, muirfield (next door to me), oatlands and pennant hills

The other courses u mentioned are all really good, but damn tough to get onto as a social golfer (probably impossible).

Cumberland and Fox Hills are decent public golf courses that u can get on easily, and the new Ashlar (Stonecutters Ridge) is supposed to be absolutely amazing but I haven't been able to get on there yet coz of my knee.

I'd go to Stonecutters tbh

The other courses u mentioned are all really good, but damn tough to get onto as a social golfer (probably impossible).

Cumberland and Fox Hills are decent public golf courses that u can get on easily, and the new Ashlar (Stonecutters Ridge) is supposed to be absolutely amazing but I haven't been able to get on there yet coz of my knee.

I'd go to Stonecutters tbh

Lot of blokes pop into my store raving about Stonecutters... great course apparently. Better layout than Ashlar allegedly.

Only negative I hear is that its not yet on the Sureshot GPS Database...haha

Yeah they all are impossible, Castle Hill , oatlands and Pennant Hills especially. You need a friend who is a member and even then... Muirfield is easier.

Fox hills and cumberland are good because its good and easy to get on

Fox hills and cumberland are good because its good and easy to get on

Hmmm, both of these were my local haunts in my schoolboy days.

I'd be worth a few shots to anyone I caddy for at either of these venues.

I may have to auction my services.

CaptGrumpy and I play a few rounds each summer on Wednesday afternoons after work. We used to play at Ashlar, but will now probably play Stonecutters. Good to hear that people like the course... I am sure both he and I would be keen for a hit if something can be organised and we are available.

Both of our sons (11 and 12) are now showing interest now so there could be more time at the range coming up too!!!

Golf???? Did someone say golf??? Ah the bane of my existance....18 holes of frustration topped off by one or two decent shots that make you think you should come back next time because you may have worked out what you've been doing wrong the rest of the time.

Yep I love the game, but just don't have enough time to play often enough and be consistent :) I am keen on any social get together for an afternoon of frustration!

Golf???? Did someone say golf??? Ah the bane of my existance....18 holes of frustration topped off by one or two decent shots that make you think you should come back next time because you may have worked out what you've been doing wrong the rest of the time.

Yep I love the game, but just don't have enough time to play often enough and be consistent :) I am keen on any social get together for an afternoon of frustration!

HAHAHA, so true. 1 or 2 good shots seem to take all the frustration away and make you think you finally got the hang of it.....until the next shot that is!

Sounds like we got a couple of people who are keen. Give me dates when you lads want to have a hit & i'll arrange it. NickosCPC, where abouts are you, so we can try play a course that is a good location for everyone.

im in Bossley Park too.

i don't mind Cabramatta Golf Course.

Although we can start at somewhere **** like fairfield and go from there?

im in Bossley Park too.

i don't mind Cabramatta Golf Course.

Although we can start at somewhere **** like fairfield and go from there?

Haven't played Cabra. I'm actually going to have a belt this arvo cause it's a nice day and I finish work @ 3pm :D. Sadly playing @ s**t F/Field but it's ok for a quick round of 9 after work.