La Banda

You guys are awesome, the carnival-like atmosphere you guys create is just too good.

Here are some videos, none of them are mine but i thought i would help collate them into one thread.

Its a shame this only caught the very end of this... Because this was special. 

The Wanderers have made this year so special, but La Banda have been there for every one of my fave moments this year.

Who knows what it is, but once those drums get going the entire enegry changes!! Be it in the Woolpack, at the RBBQ, in the Terraces, or for the post-game celebrations, you guys push through the pain and exhaustion to create a unique atmosphere i ******* live for! I look forward to next season when La Banda is even better than this year, and that feeling, those moments, are even more epic.

Keep doing what you do guys, your making something special even more special and it's massively appreciated by all!

For the record, the post-game walk in the final round at Newcastle and the post-game mid-street drum circle last week are my La Banda highlights for the year. I can only imagine what's going to happen should we win on Sunday!

The Wanderers have made this year so special, but La Banda have been there for every one of my fave moments this year.

Who knows what it is, but once those drums get going the entire enegry changes!! Be it in the Woolpack, at the RBBQ, in the Terraces, or for the post-game celebrations, you guys push through the pain and exhaustion to create a unique atmosphere i ****ing live for! I look forward to next season when La Banda is even better than this year, and that feeling, those moments, are even more epic.

Keep doing what you do guys, your making something special even more special and it's massively appreciated by all!

For the record, the post-game walk in the final round at Newcastle and the post-game mid-street drum circle last week are my La Banda highlights for the year. I can only imagine what's going to happen should we win on Sunday!

Had the pleasure of standing behind La Banda for the Newcastle game.

U guys helped create such an amazing atmosphere. A big thank you to you all.

Massive thank you on behalf of La Banda. We love jamming together week in and week out just to make the atmosphere more fiesta vibes for everybody. We get a massive thrill when we see people laughing, shouting, jumping and dancing around us. Urging us to keep playing more and more. We fight through the pain just to make people happy and its worth it. Can't wait for the Grand Final game! We'll have something special planned out for the night! :D

A highlight was definitely the jam with the African drummers on harmony day and warming up at the pub before this game. We were introduced to the longer drawn out ohh's in these colours unite us all and it was epic.

Photos and videos of La Banda please. Oh and post some of your awesome memories/highlights :)

Way back in game one of the season proper I remember being blown away by the sound of the drum. The rhythms were something else, already - you just knew they were going to drive wherever the RBB was going to go (everywhere and anywhere save for singing in faux english accents).

It's got better each and every week.

Music means nothing to me unless there's a proper discourse with its audience; the african drummers, the drumoff, the interaction with the rest of the rbb all demonstrate that in spades. There's nothing like this anywhere in australian sport as far as I know.

I'm biased so my favourite memories are the last couple of matches at parramatta where i've had the privilege to hang in there (just!) with you guys. Being part of the energy created is something special.

That and walking down o'connell st and having people want to take pictures just because i was carrying an instrument :lol:

Anyway, let's hear it for la banda....

Who knows what it is, but once those drums get going the entire enegry changes!! Be it in the Woolpack, at the RBBQ, in the Terraces, or for the post-game celebrations, you guys push through the pain and exhaustion to create a unique atmosphere i ****ing live for! I look forward to next season when La Banda is even better than this year, and that feeling, those moments, are even more epic.

>Had the pleasure of standing behind La Banda for the Newcastle game.

U guys helped create such an amazing atmosphere. A big thank you to you all.

Massive thank you on behalf of La Banda. We love jamming together week in and week out just to make the atmosphere more fiesta vibes for everybody. We get a massive thrill when we see people laughing, shouting, jumping and dancing around us. Urging us to keep playing more and more. We fight through the pain just to make people happy and its worth it. Can't wait for the Grand Final game! We'll have something special planned out for the night! :D

Lookin forward to it!

Don't mean to slightly hijack this thread into another direction.

I never donate to charities, but I'm always happy to give to the RBB. Lol.

I associate the umbrellas with our music, so my gift is these umbrellas as a thank you to La Banda for giving us the rhythm in our hearts when we're at the matches.

74419E3E-C3C7-454D-AFA3-9BB798D4D535-308

For anyone else interested in getting some brollies, they're $6 at the Livo Reject Shop! SO CHEAP!!!!

Fala lalala West Sydney

Fala lalala West Sydney

Soy wanderer Soy wanderer Soy wanderer

Weeesssttern Sydney....

Weeeeessstern Sydney

Weeesssttern Sydney....

Weeeeessst Sydney

repeat

hahaha would go off!!

Edited by srsen

Without hijacking the thread into La Bamba discussion. I'll just say I think this could be a song for us to pay tribute to La Banda. Was listening again and can make it flow so easy. Would obviously need pub/preseason runs.

Ay arriba, ay arriba
Ay, arriba arriba
West Syd--ney 
West Syd--ney
West Syd--ney

Yo no soy marinero
Yo no soy marinero
Soy Wanderer
Soy Wanderer
Soy Wanderer

Love La Banda
Love La Banda
Love La Banda
Banda

(Could even start from the beginning of the song with We all love La Banda..We all love La Banda...They're Magnifi-cico...etc)