NBA / Basketball Thread

LBJ you weapon, always had the numbers to match MJ and the likes

Now he has the ringS

Congrats to Miami, can't believe I was there a couple of weeks ago. Aaaahhhhh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't suppose anyone else on the forum took one of the free 200 tickets for today's Sydney Kings game.

The game was interesting and competitive.

The WSW Facebook page mentioned that WSW players would be at the game. I couldn't see them and no announcement was made at the stadium.

Guest ZipGunBop

NBA fan, don't really care for the local game.

Been a Rockets fan since I first started watching/playing basketball (Hakeem the dream) was pretty young when we won the double championship. Been waiting a looooonnngggg time since.

Hopefully Dwight Howard can get his head right and be the dominant prescence in the paint that we have lacked. James Harden MVP and Jeremy Lin hopefully to respond with Howard providing more outlets for his classy passing game.

Bulls and Heat teams to beat.

• 4 weeks later...

Hornets are back in purple and teal.

Rose is crocked again.

My adopted team for the season, the Utah Jazz, are doing great in the Riggin for Wiggins sweepstakes.

So are the Nets and Knicks. Oh wait, they don't own their picks. Oops.

I've been following Utah since the Stockton/Malone era. It's tough. Lol

Rose is out for the season following his knee injury. Would have been easy to slot Nate Robinson in into PG but they sold him. Le sigh.

Anyone still find it weird to see a 'pelicans' team? Doesn't seem to fit.

trailblazer's 10 straight baby yieeewwww

will enjoy it while it lasts for now :P

feel for D Rose, season just starting to get going & gone for another season. thats tough....

reckon the bulls will extend his contract when it expires????

Sime, you and your Trailblazers, at least now they are paying you back for your loyalty!

My mrs was close to tears when I called her and told her that Rose was going to be out for the season.  It's such a big blow, the bloke is just so unlucky.  He went from being the league MVP to being injury plagued.  The Bulls need to regroup and recover, but seeing their performance yesterday against the Clips, it's not providing any confidence.  It's still early in the season and the Bulls still have a stingy defence, I still think that they can recover and make a run in the East.

As for extending Rose's contract, isn't he contract until 2017?  So it's still another 4 years, for me, that's too early to make a call about extensions.

Sime, you and your Trailblazers, at least now they are paying you back for your loyalty!

My mrs was close to tears when I called her and told her that Rose was going to be out for the season. It's such a big blow, the bloke is just so unlucky. He went from being the league MVP to being injury plagued. The Bulls need to regroup and recover, but seeing their performance yesterday against the Clips, it's not providing any confidence. It's still early in the season and the Bulls still have a stingy defence, I still think that they can recover and make a run in the East.

As for extending Rose's contract, isn't he contract until 2017? So it's still another 4 years, for me, that's too early to make a call about extensions.

Knee injuries are a curse especially in the NBA due to the frequent high intensity games.

I hope DRose does recover; he's an absolute gun. He can do everything which unfortunately comes at a cost. I can't help but think his career will end as injury plagued ala Anfernee 'Penny' Hardaway.

My mrs was close to tears when I called her and told her that Rose was going to be out for the season. It's such a big blow, the bloke is just so unlucky. He went from being the league MVP to being injury plagued. The Bulls need to regroup and recover, but seeing their performance yesterday against the Clips, it's not providing any confidence. It's still early in the season and the Bulls still have a stingy defence, I still think that they can recover and make a run in the East.

As for extending Rose's contract, isn't he contract until 2017? So it's still another 4 years, for me, that's too early to make a call about extensions.

Knee injuries are a curse especially in the NBA due to the frequent high intensity games.

I hope DRose does recover; he's an absolute gun. He can do everything which unfortunately comes at a cost. I can't help but think his career will end as injury plagued ala Anfernee 'Penny' Hardaway.

Penny Hardaway, absolute beast in his youth, like Grant Hill

He only retired last season too!

I see Bogut having injury after injury now. I don't think he will ever get to play consistent ball.

Not a bad time to sit on the bench tho the way they are playing. I think the Warriors will top western conference.

Bogurt is the kewell version of a bballer.

Constantly fighting injury... and his never really lived up to the potential of being number one.

It's been a long time since he played in that Under 21's (i think it was) world championship game and took the yanks for something like 40 points and 20 something boards... i still remember reading all the rave about him in the american media after that saying this guy is gunna be Shaq!

Things are pretty grim in the East.  Outside of the Heat and the Pacers, every other team is terrible, just terrible.  I would never have thought that Prokhorov's 180+million payroll investment would be panning out this bad.  If Pierce and Garnett were to be losing this badly, I would have much preferred that they did it in a Celtics uniform.

How good was Westbrooks game winner yesterday?

• 1 month later...

talk of NBL expansion to 16 teams, wont happen when NBL needs cash not spend it.

if there was a West Sydney team to be brought, where could they play with a decent stadium? is homebush the only real option???