If red and black... how about a pirate motif?

When thinking about the most popular colour combination (red and black), I think of Pirates.

What are the thoughts of having some sort of pirate feel to the home support?

Skull and cross, bones and the like?

post-178-0-01541900-1335854079_thumb.jpg

Guest Rikitocker

I'm a bit of a Pirate Historian, yes, for real ... so anything Piratey is gonna get a big thumbs up from me. Though I'd possibly prefer something a bit more traditional in the Pirate theme and less Johnny Depp. ;)

Good idea i reckon. Without the 'yer 3 points' bit though.

Or even just a 'No Surrender' with the skull that way its aimed of motivating our team.

Just some ideas mate

Guest Rikitocker

Most of the famous Pirates were from land locked counties in England ... nowhere near the sea. ;)

On another note ... we could use imagery from our own rebillious history, Bushrangers like Ben Hall from the Central West of NSW.

Edited by Rikitocker

I don't mind the Pirate theme, but isn't West Harbour Pirates in the Shute Shield.

I'm with Riko, would love a Bushrangery feel to it. The Rum Rebellion happened down the road from Parra Stadium.

But i'm not giving up the Unicorn.

Guest Rikitocker

I don't mind the Pirate theme, but isn't West Harbour Pirates in the Shute Shield.

I'm with Riko, would love a Bushrangery feel to it. The Rum Rebellion happened down the road from Parra Stadium.

But i'm not giving up the Unicorn.

Nope ... the Unicorn is staying, and I'll say it again .,.. people who don't like the Unicorn don't have to have anything to do with it. It will be a niche thing for those of us who want to have fun with it, it isn't going to be the name for the Home Support.

Had the idea of having a huge australian flag, but change the blue part of the flag to black and the the rest of the flag would be the right colours as the union jack and the stars are either red or white. I know that there already is a red one in adelaide, but would look really effective as black, red and white.

just watched the adelaide acl game, I seen they had a fantastic banner yellow and red and not sure what is in the middle of it. but the design looks good. might look at making a black aussie flag for myself

Edited by MrUnited86

Yep, they play out of concord oval and their colours are red, black and white if I remember correctly.

If we play out of Parramatta you could make a great tifo/banner out of 'Rivercat Pirates' or something.

even though it would a big walk, you could do a march from the rivercat to Parra stadium with a Rivercat Pirate Banner/tifo.

just for a one off, good bit o fun.

Guest Rikitocker

We could met them as they come off the River Cat and hand them complimentary hot Latte's as they walk off ... :D

Guest Rikitocker

Just a joke mate, would be a funny piss take though ... however, you wouldn't throw hot Latte' in a blokes face would ya? ;)

Edited by Rikitocker

The bats in the photo have served there purpose and have been retired.

I'll have to buy some new disposal ones that can be doctored up with metal spikes for future use

Edited by Taurus