Important Message To RBB & All WSW Supporters

Important Message To RBB & All WSW Supporters

Myself (Benched), BigDukes, RBBKopite and JohnG met with the Club and FFA on Wednesday afternoon.  We were asked to attend due to incidents that have taken place this year, such as the away derby (where several flares were thrown onto the pitch), CCM match (bottle incident) and the recent W-League match (flares and a pitch invasion).

We had a very open and frank discussion which lasted several hours. As of the conclusion of the meeting we have lost everything:

• Tifos.
  • Oversized flags.
  • Megaphones,
  • Instruments.

These are privileges that we are allowed and we have now lost those privileges. It is up to us to earn back our privileges starting now. Our response and behaviour from this moment must be strong & unified.

It is only due to the continued efforts at building an open relationship with the club that we have any chance at all to reverse the situation.

The club is no longer able to decide whether or not we have our match day equipment. The club and the FFA can still have an influence on the police and stadium on our behalf. The ball is very much in our court now and the club & FFA have told us precisely what WE ALL need to do.

No anti-social behaviour is the overarching message here. Anti-social behaviour includes:

• Flares. They won’t be tolerated. It has been well and truly communicated to us that it is an absolute zero tolerance policy from here on in. Let’s face it guys, we’ve had a lot of flares and have got away with blue murder to date.
  • Moshing on the terrace. The stadium will not tolerate the damage it causes and we should be mindful of the potential for injury not only to those involved but those around it, our fellow fans.
  • Swearing through the megaphones or in chants is also considered as anti-social behaviour.
  • Sneaky tifo’s such as confetti displays, receipt rolls, streamers etc. Everything must be above board & pre registered, assuming we are even allowed to do another tifo this season.

I ask you all to consider your actions on match day and understand that what we thought to be a heavy police presence in the past is nothing compared to what it will be now. The RBB is and always will be bigger than any one individual. Don’t be selfish and ruin it for the entire home end. Too much hard work has been put in by many, many, many people:

• Capo's expel so much energy to ensure we become THE BEST active supporters in the country.
  • We have people spending many hours co-ordinating and producing our tifo’s, flags, banners, confetti etc.
  • We have a great group of musicians who give us the atmosphere that makes us want to party for the full 90 minutes and show our pride and passion for our team.
  • We have a very dedicated group of people behind the scenes co-ordinating marches, the club dialogue, match day activities, handling countless media requests and all manner of things which most of you would not know about.
  • Lastly, but definitely not least, we have everyone who turns up on match day and gives their all in the support of our club.

I urge you all to take this very seriously.

The club and FFA both understand that our home end has grown more rapidly than any of us ever expected or hoped it would. They also understand that with rapid growth comes the challenge of managing a group that has grown from 40 guys & girls singing on a hill at Cook park into 2500 people (mostly) singing in the North Terrace at Parra stadium. We spoke about this at length, particularly regarding the frustration felt by a lot of RBB members at arriving from the march to see the active support bays filled with people who refuse to participate, sponges that absorb the atmosphere we create rather than join in making it even better.

Our ONLY chance at earning the ability to make a tifo for the next home derby is to prove that we can manage Bay 56, to show that we have a strong core of 340 RBB who understand what we are trying to achieve and will not screw it up for everyone else through selfish actions. A suggestion was made for us to obtain wristbands, and the concept works in two ways:

1. We ensure that bay 56 is rock solid every week. Anyone without a wristband will NOT be allowed into the bay, and we have a promise from the club that security will enforce this on our behalf.
  2. If someone does misbehave, they won't be in bay 56 and won't be wearing a wristband which means the club, FFA and police will know that the person is not part of our core group and thus outside of our realm of responsibility.

We make no apologies for the length of this post or for the seriousness of the contents.

The RBB was founded as a democratic group and we urge everyone who stands & sings in the home end to exercise your democratic right of reply and have your voice heard.

Admin: Some modifications were made by me (Mack), to improve readability and formatting to promote this post to the frontpage. The message itself was not changed.

This post has been promoted to an article

it sucks that it has come to this guys. but to be honest, its time we look to the future of this group and club

the wrist band idea is a concept still in the works and when it is trialed be sure to know only those worthy will receive it

So if you are ticketed bay 56 member...cause u want to sit there n look cool infront of your friends...sorry to say u can go in 55/57.

This is a slow process so please do not inundate us with questions, demands and complaints.

As per usual, the RBB will come through this clean at the end of the day

Cya all Australia day

We all saw what happened at Adelaide and what Lyall Gorman did at Central coast, we need everyone to be on their best behaviour inside and outside the stadium and if you see someone doing something stupid (eg. pissing in bottles) then call them out on it. The RBB is huge and growing fast, don't do something stupid that jeopardises everything the RBB has worked for.

Ouch! bit to harsh.

If your saying that Then you missed the whole point

you dont think this is too harsh?

As of the conclusion of the meeting we have lost everything; Tifos, oversized flags, megaphones, and our instruments are no longer priveleges that we are allowed.

It was hard to put into words just how serious this is guys & girls. We were lucky to have come out of the meeting with an opportunity to restore our gameday privileges!

Now is not the time to piss and moan or go into "omg protest" mode.

Shoulder to shoulder!!!

UltrasRBB, the response here will go a long way toward us getting our privileges reinstated. We haven't given up hope and will fight everyday to at least ensure we have our matchday equipment.

GD07, we are thinking along those lines.

Ouch! bit to harsh.

>

As of the conclusion of the meeting we have lost everything; Tifos, oversized flags, megaphones, and our instruments are no longer priveleges that we are allowed.

It might well be harsh but this **** is getting serious, actions have consequences and unfortunately these are the consequences. We are now fighting an uphill battle to get any privilege returned to us and we need everyone to get the message out that all this stupid **** needs to stop.

Ouch! bit to harsh.

Yep, its crap but end of the day (as much as i hate it) theres rules everyone has to follow some way or another.. Every action has a reaction..

We went ape$hit at the w-league (i love flares) & this is the clubs reaction...

We'l bounce back better then ever, they cant take our particulars away for life.. 1-2 games is nothing in the grand scheme of things

Ouch! bit to harsh.

That is abit harsh we have lost everything ..... You know I wonder if active support in australia will ever work for the a-league fans everything we do just gets hit with negative **** and it really pisses me off .... 6 months in and their taking out tifos making wrist bands to get into home end bays what's next having a role call for the "core" RBB.... I've been their from the first home game in bay 56 the funny thing is I don't think these "core" RBB fellas realise theirs a lot more passionate ppl out their and I think these wrist bands are gonna become like tag and numbers will decrease because it will piss ppl off and I'm no nerd so if push comes to shove over this then it's gonna be on not very good news guys as fans this is our club WSW trying to take control of the RBB which I rekon has made this club ......

shut the **** up you whinger, this is a RBB solution to the problems. if you want to see the FFA solution then keep whinging and bleating about how harsh it is. Actions have consequences, I don't know how people don't realise that

it sucks that it has come to this guys. but to be honest, its time we look to the future of this group and club

the wrist band idea is a concept still in the works and when it is trialed be sure to know only those worthy will receive it

So if you are ticketed bay 56 member...cause u want to sit there n look cool infront of your friends...sorry to say u can go in 55/57.

This is a slow process so please do not inundate us with questions, demands and complaints.

Cya all Australia day

And who are you to say who's worthy? Are you the eagle eye above the bay that watches everyone at every game home or away .....

If yous wanna self police maybe look at the big picture theirs 2500 ppl now that want to be active supports hand out your 300 or so wrist bands and you've lost em their spirit and maybe lost fans aswell

Essentially we're back to square one, everyone needs to cop on and sing the roof off at parramatta!. We're going to be the loudest we've ever been!.

Thanks to the guys that work with the club, I can only imagine what the FFA had ready for us.

Shoulder to Shoulder guys, we'll be back!

SagzH, you really have no idea who people are. BigDukes and myself in particular DO see who is active and who isn't because we spend most of every game going around the bays encouraging newbies and helping spread the directions of our capos.

This isn't a pissing contest of the "my passion is bigger than yours" variety, so I suggest you either start contributing ideas towards us getting our privileges back or quit typing and let the mature people work through this.

Cya all Australia day

And who are you to say who's worthy? Are you the eagle eye above the bay that watches everyone at every game home or away .....

If yous wanna self police maybe look at the big picture theirs 2500 ppl now that want to be active supports hand out your 300 or so wrist bands and you've lost em their spirit and maybe lost fans aswell

Sagz - funnily enough i kinda am (for people who know who i am and see the running around i do in between aisles etc)

when i say worthy buddy we know who are the regulars of 56. the idea is to try and minimise any potential trouble

like i said..this wrist band thingy is just an idea for now

like i said im confident we will get our privilages  back. sargz if u wanna speak to me personally, im happy to do so in a humane manor

Now is not the time to start causing rifts or anything

The post is above is simply the summary from our meeting with the FFA..thats it!

Cya all Australia day

If you sing for 90 minutes, you got nothing to worry about.

SagzH, what's the alternative? How do we ensure we can maintain the integrity of the home end. I'm serious, don't moan about it, offer a solution.

The bands, if they work, will also apply to bay's 55 and 57. Then potentially 54 and 58.

The alternative is the riot squad with batons will start cracking skulls.

Cya all Australia day

Maybe you should 'look at the big picture'. The wristbands was the least significant part of that post and here you are whinging about it