Player Chants

BHF

i can't believe some of you don't want to chant for our players.

don't get me wrong, i am all for singing and chanting all game long and developing more complex chants, but for f*cks sake, we are there for the team.

if Aaron Mooy rips 5 blokes, delivers a pin point cross, and gets the rebound and smashes it home to win the derby, i'm going to be pretty embarrased if we sit there chanting RBB.

i suggested in the Sydney Croatia game thread, that we need to be focused on the game more, be a voice for the players on the pitch just as much as the voice for the fans in the crowd. chanting songs for team players when they come to take a corner in front of the RBB, even if it's only his name, HAS TO BE DONE imo.

when the ref gave Sydney the penalty that clearly wasn't, how good would it of been if the entire RBB started chanting, "you don't know what you're doing" and started taking the p*ss out of the ref.

i get it, we are the active support group and we need to make noise, but it has to be somewhat related to what's happening on the pitch.

im not against player chants but at the moment with players on one yr contracts i dont see the point...plus if people here want to make suggestions but dont even make an effort on game day and wont even be chanting with us i dont see how some of you can get angry at us

..we do need player chants but let it happen slowly after we are a couple of games in..

don't get the subtle dig at Mack for everything he does for us.

again, i'm not saying we have to simply be doing player chants and player chants only, but it's obvious someone like Mooy or Kubi are going to be crowd favourites, sing a song for them.

Edited by Pup

don't get the subtle dig at Mack for everything he does for us.

again, i'm not saying we have to simply be doing player chants and player chants only, but it's obvious someone like Mooy or Kubi are going to be crowd favourites, sing a song for them.

mate i'm just talking about mack...his one person that does work his ass off to hold a lot of this **** together, i've never said he doesn't...i am just talking about the fact that there are a lot of people on here who like to have an opinion on matters involving chanting but seem to never get involved when it matters in the terrace...that is something that annoys me...

i agree with player chants but all im saying on this matter is we don't need to rush it.

personally i think its best to wait till they become somewhat iconic for our club before we chant for them, we want to create uniqueish chants for every player we will be chanting for so when we create a chant for someone its special, but if we just create a chant for every player then its not as special

just my opinion though

personally i think its best to wait till they become somewhat iconic for our club before we chant for them, we want to create uniqueish chants for every player we will be chanting for so when we create a chant for someone its special, but if we just create a chant for every player then its not as special

just my opinion though

1+

and btw if we cant remember the tune or lyrics to the chants we have now how do we expect to remember player chants....memorise the ones we have now

Edited by WSdna

players love hearing there name in chants. it gives them the desire to go harder when they hear there name being sung. the whole point of a supporters group is to be the 12th man and push the team to win. you need a couple of player chants in there. it will get more people coming in the rbb as well.

heres a example. guti hernandez signs for besiktas in this video, he hasnt even played a game and the supporters pack out the stadium just to see him sign the contract. now he doesn't want to leave the club because he loves the way hes treated by the fans.

(best part is 2.55)

players love hearing there name in chants. it gives them the desire to go harder when they hear there name being sung. the whole point of a supporters group is to be the 12th man and push the team to win. you need a couple of player chants in there. it will get more people coming in the rbb as well.

Fully agree. Players will feed off the fan interaction and player chants makes it more personal. Would be great to welcome the foreigners into the team with a clever chant. The young'ens would defintely get a kick out of it, and the short, sharp chants will excite more of the crowd, become talking points (laughing points), etc.

Someone still hasn't been able to explain to me exactly when & who decides when a player 'deserves' a chant? Will there be a poll on this forum? Is someone keeping a tally? All great that you have your opinion on players only getting chants when they prove loyal to the club, but when does this kick in exactly? The first game of their second season? Third? Fourth?

I understand both sides of the coin.

But personally, I think most of the players deserve a chant for taking a huge risk in playing for us and being out in the community every week they way they have been. A chant for them shows our appreciation.

I know they all have 1 year deals, but if we make them feel a part of something big and welcomed, then they'll do their all to get an extension.

Remember, HAL clubs are allowed to start talking/signing with players once there is 6 months left on their contract. So if these guys perform in the first few months of the season, I would expect WSW to start offering contract extensions early so other clubs can't poach them.

My point is, let's give some of these guys a reason to stay and not get poached.

heres a example. guti hernandez signs for besiktas in this video, he hasnt even played a game and the supporters pack out the stadium just to see him sign the contract. now he doesn't want to leave the club because he loves the way hes treated by the fans.

(best part is 2.55)

+1

WSDNA - for the record, I have been standing next to mack at a few of the games so far and he definitely does chant at the games.

At the SU58 game, when Mooy came over to take the corner right in front of us, we couldve at the very least sung 'mooy! mooy! mooy! mooy!' (disregard the fact that everyone pronounces his name differently).

We've got to be singing for this team, this SPECIFIC team, featuring these players, for the next 6 months or so. Saying that the players don't deserve chants yet? That's bullshit. Mooy, Haliti and Kubi have all been stand outs for the team at the pre-season friendlies, why shouldn't we give them a pat on the back by making a song about them? These guys are the stars of our team. Mark Bridge would have to be our top goal scorer so far right? I know not everyone likes him or thinks he is any good, but goals win matches. Stop being so ****en self-righteous. I get that not EVERY player should have a song about them, they've got to earn it! I believe the aforementioned players have earned it.

When someone does something awesome on the pitch, I want to be ready.

Turner your points system: :good:

WSDNA - for the record, I have been standing next to mack at a few of the games so far and he definitely does chant at the games.

At the SU58 game, when Mooy came over to take the corner right in front of us, we couldve at the very least sung 'mooy! mooy! mooy! mooy!' (disregard the fact that everyone pronounces his name differently).

We've got to be singing for this team, this SPECIFIC team, featuring these players, for the next 6 months or so. Saying that the players don't deserve chants yet? That's bullshit. Mooy, Haliti and Kubi have all been stand outs for the team at the pre-season friendlies, why shouldn't we give them a pat on the back by making a song about them? These guys are the stars of our team. Mark Bridge would have to be our top goal scorer so far right? I know not everyone likes him or thinks he is any good, but goals win matches. Stop being so ****en self-righteous. I get that not EVERY player should have a song about them, they've got to earn it! I believe the aforementioned players have earned it.

We will use my points system from now on it seems..haha :P

But I agree with we should at least chant MOOY MOOY when he takes a corner, even if it isn't a full song, we need to at least spur on our team. Its better than chanting RBB when we could chant MOOY MOOY MOOY instead.

Not every player should have a song, but we need to diversify. Its stupid to create one for every player, but the pre-season stand outs are taking shape, and come season we will begin to chant players naturally.

(best part is 2.55)

+1

this is amazing

It's amazing all right. Guti looks as if he can't quite believe it.

So, will we aim for this??

I understand both sides of the coin.

But personally, I think most of the players deserve a chant for taking a huge risk in playing for us and being out in the community every week they way they have been. A chant for them shows our appreciation.

I know they all have 1 year deals, but if we make them feel a part of something big and welcomed, then they'll do their all to get an extension.

Remember, HAL clubs are allowed to start talking/signing with players once there is 6 months left on their contract. So if these guys perform in the first few months of the season, I would expect WSW to start offering contract extensions early so other clubs can't poach them.

My point is, let's give some of these guys a reason to stay and not get poached.

+1

When someone does something awesome on the pitch, I want to be ready.

Well said.

I think our players in our shirt will love it. Thats good enough for me.

yeah i can understand both sides.

its going to be hard to judge who gets a chant with a new club.

obviously as the club grows its history it will be much easier to decide who gets a chant.

if we are going to chant for players i think there should only be a few: such as covic, mooy, kuba, elrich, and thats about it really.

with mooy i wouldnt sing anything like 'he is wanderers for life', cos we know that if he performs his out of here sooner rather than later.

west ham were singing andy Carrolls name on the weekend and he'd been there for what...2 days? why cant we do the same?

Cause Andy Carroll is in England and he won't hear us ;)

hahaha as soon as i posted i knew someone was gonna say that :P but you catch my drift!!

Aaron Mooy

Aaron Mooy

Whatch ya Gunna do

Watch ya Gunna do

When he comes for you

(Tune from Bad Boys)

Aaron Mooy

Aaron Mooy

Whatch ya Gunna do

Watch ya Gunna do

When he runs at you

I think this 'runs at you' chant will suit young Kabs after he finds the olde onion bag a couple of times on Sunday.

If you don't have a player chant ready what are you going to do when they score or save a goal chant a club song only ?

Silly notion really nothing sounds worse then repeating a players name cause no one has made effort to make a chant.