Music Thread 2

mack

I figure I'm probably on my own here. Hard enough to find people who have heard of Autechre, yet alone like them. Not an official video. They didn't make any film clips in the early days (back when they used to still write melodies occasionally).

A little towards the IDM style. The beginning reminded me of an Aphex Twin or Square Pusher track. Of course it didn't quite go there though...

I figure I'm probably on my own here. Hard enough to find people who have heard of Autechre, yet alone like them. Not an official video. They didn't make any film clips in the early days (back when they used to still write melodies occasionally).

A little towards the IDM style. The beginning reminded me of an Aphex Twin or Square Pusher track. Of course it didn't quite go there though...
Auetchre are contempories of Aphex Twin and Squarepusher and are one of the pioneers of IDM (this track is from 1994 IIRC). Their later stuff is much more steeped in glitch rather than beats (and frankly some of it is virtually unlistenable if I'm honest). They were part of that core group of artists that made Warp records so famous in the early to mid 90s.

I'll stop now. I could crap on about that era for ages and no one wants that :P

And because I'm in a mood…

Boards of Canada - roygbiv

Again, not an official film clip (I don't think BoC do film clips), but this clip is fun, even more so since it is composed of footage culled from TV ads fin the UK from the 1980s.

And because I'm in a mood…

Boards of Canada - roygbiv

Again, not an official film clip (I don't think BoC do film clips), but this clip is fun, even more so since it is composed of footage culled from TV ads fin the UK from the 1980s.

They have some good soothing ****.

I never listen to pearl jam. I don't think I ever had albums or even taped off the radio. I'm not even listening to that one now. But the thought of it, the sound of it in my mind, hits me right there.

**** you vedder.

Guest ZipGunBop

I never listen to pearl jam. I don't think I ever had albums or even taped off the radio. I'm not even listening to that one now. But the thought of it, the sound of it in my mind, hits me right there.

**** you vedder.