Shootings in the South West (and yet another food derailment)

Sounds like something out of a movie or tv show. Oh we crashed? Lets just pull our guns out and start shooting at each other. .

This is the problem, people are pulling out guns now not for drugs, but for anything. One cop was saying for trivial things like one someone looking at another persons girl friend or at clubs - a few months back a guy was shot just for bumping into another guy and spilling his drink.

Even when it comes to drugs people are sparaying bullets everywhere. They shoot up a unit, they dont just shoot the unit targeted, they shoot anywhere and end up hitting 2-3 different units.

Many of these guys are young guys with little experience in using firearms.

To be fair, I'm sure the majority of these people don't even need a reason to whip it out

their gun that is

Edited by Unlimited

Ps does anyone know a place where we can get a nice steak? Been dissapointed with the bland steaks served up and payed top dollar for (if its just marinated with peppar and salt I dont want to know) and dont care if its served rare, well done or if the cook has a coronary because you asked for it well done.

Any suggestions? South Americans know how to marinate meat!

Norestaurants in eastern Sydney. I'm not giving those w ankers my money. Its for the WS economy ;)

I can tell you where not to go. Firefly.

$60 wagu was raw on one side and well done on the other.

To add to that it tasted very very average, even for a $10 steak.

Apologies for derailing the food thread again, but did anyone here about this? Not exactly south west, but pretty intense none the less.

"Emergency services were called to reports of a two-car crash and shots fired at an intersection near the Parramatta Town Hall shortly before 8pm.

Police say that in the lead-up to the crash a 22-year-old man got into an argument with two other men on the street.

A group of men armed with bats, poles and a machete then approached the 22-year-old, before firing several shots towards him.

The man ran off but was allegedly followed by a blue Honda Civic hatchback and a silver van.

Police say the Honda ran the man down before crashing into the van.

Two men in the Honda were trapped by the collision but the occupants of the van ran off.

The men in the Honda, aged 19 and 20, were freed before being arrested and taken to Parramatta Police Station."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-08/two-men-arrested-after-sydney-car-crash-and-shooting/4872864?section=nsw

apparently they knew each other, heard that the bloke that got shot had actually been shot at a few weeks before hand at burwood. He was part of a gang called Brothers for Life. The gang that was after him was the Brothers for strife who actually defactuated from the Brothers looking 4 a wife.

And back to more important topic of good steak, very hard to find a decent place out here, the one ive heard is ok is that one near where the car yards are in parramatta rd its called outback steakhouse i think. Always booked out so ive never been able to go. Back in the day i believe Gauchos grill steakhouse was awesome but don't know if he is still around.

Ps does anyone know a place where we can get a nice steak? Been dissapointed with the bland steaks served up and payed top dollar for (if its just marinated with peppar and salt I dont want to know) and dont care if its served rare, well done or if the cook has a coronary because you asked for it well done.

Any suggestions? South Americans know how to marinate meat!

Norestaurants in eastern Sydney. I'm not giving those w ankers my money. Its for the WS economy ;)

My pick....18 hr slow cooked Rib eye, medium/rare, from Hogs Breath NORTHMEAD. Great steak, get it with the King Prawns on top served with curly fries and salad. Washed down with a couple of Coronas.

I used to go to Greystanes Inn on Tuesdays for $10 steaks. Nice chilled-out environment and solid steak for a good price.

Recently got taken over by the owners of The Crown McRedie at Guildford. Scrapped the $10 steaks, new menu and renamed the joint to 'Greystanes Hotel'

Coolibah has $10 steaks I think Thursday but I haven't had one there yet.

another drive by shooting this morning near mt druitt (colyton)around 2 am no one hurt but lots of upset people being woken up at this time. Ruins your sleep having to hear bullets at this time of the morning, don't they make bullets that are a bit more quieter these days seriously wtf! :xmad:

Food is serious business, if your own the right track then good food is good money. Anyone tried the Portuguese strip down in Petersham on new canterbury road, theres quite a nice variety of joints down there, i love the burger joint, always full of customers, fantastic chicken so juicy, moist and well priced.

another drive by shooting this morning near mt druitt (colyton)around 2 am no one hurt but lots of upset people being woken up at this time. Ruins your sleep having to hear bullets at this time of the morning, don't they make bullets that are a bit more quieter these days seriously wtf! :xmad:

Food is serious business, if your own the right track then good food is good money. Anyone tried the Portuguese strip down in Petersham on new canterbury road, theres quite a nice variety of joints down there, i love the burger joint, always full of customers, fantastic chicken so juicy, moist and well priced.

You know you're from Western Sydney when you can start identifying the types of guns used from the sound.

I remember once driving through Bass Hill and seeing two legs hanging out thw boot of a car. About 300 metres down the road from that (2 years earlier) I remember seeing some dude chasing another dude with an axe.

For a great Portuguese Chicken Sub try Java Lava in Ingleburn. Its addictive. I have virtually my whole workplace addicted to it. And as a bonus the guy behind the counter is a bit of a football nutter.

Edited by westofcentre

Who are those Lebos in Granville (or is it Guilford) that make the roast chickens f*cken.

Its basically all they do (some one told me how much they turn over, I nearly fell off my chair).

Apparently best Chicken in Sydney.

is it el jannah

Wtf is it with all these shootings?

Probably drugs/territory/money.

Yeah, just seem to hear about it all the time these days.

Yeah, just seem to hear about it all the time these days.

Your not wrong, wouldn't surprise me if there has been 100+ shootings in the west this year (including drive-by shootings at properties). There hasn't been one here though :ninja: . Closest was Panania and Condell Park.

It has been a provlem for past decade or so. Thing is bikies use to settle dispute in pubs or behind closed doors. You never ise to shoot up a persons home - it was considered off limis cos his family was there and it would draw unwanted attention.

That, obvuously has changed.

problem is bikies these days don't even ride bikes or have bike licenses its more gang related and less love for the actual meaning of their gang which is the love of motorbikes and their fellow members.

Are the shootings bikie related?

Alot of it is but like Tranquilo said many of theae gangs are not "bikies" in the true sense of the word.

Bikies use to be predominantly Anglo (with the odd ethnic). Many bikies had beliefs that were white supremacist in nature.

About 10 or so years ago when some bikie gangs started to let in ethnics, many of the old school guys saw it as an affront and ended up leaving.

You may even say Kevin Sheedy is the old school bikie of the AFL.

Edited by westofcentre
  • 2 months later...

has anyone tried that portuguese chicken place next door to where the kebab shooting took place in fairfield? 

Not yet, but on the way back home from work, I can smell it, smells nice, place looks alright too...

Is that Frangos? The Petersham Chicken joint that just moved to Fairfield?

Chicken wasn't too bad, wasn't as good as people made it out to be though and they had no garlic sauce and charged $3.50 for plain mayo which they scooped out of those 1kg whole egg mayo jars lol. I'd eat there again but wouldn't go out of the way for it from that experience

Hawa or Awafis at Granville still the best places to go.

yer i do remember it started with F. That sux no garlic sauce and generic mayonaise? another wannabe place trying to make sum bucks by pretending to serve up authentic portuguese chicken and flavours. Ruins it if they can't be prepared to make their own sauce then one has to question to they actually marinate the chicken or is it all pre made bought in bulk ala most franchise stores these days that have gone downhill.

Oportos, Ogalos,Nandos is loosing its base as well. :nono: