Mayweather vs Pacquaio

Nope, the fight was great, just what I and everyone else suspected....Nothing short of a $300 million farcical corrupt official scoring display...Unanimous decision my ass, one judge had it 110-118  FMD. Pacquiao was on top most of the early rounds with official statistics of punches connected, then conveniently after the 6th round the American commentator says..." We're going to stop using these pointless statistics at the end of each round, this is a world title fight, we don't have time for those."

Pacman must have known the only chance he had of beating ESFC Mayweather was by knock out so there would be no chance of corruption involved, which he couldn't do.

Judges must've been KGJ, Ben Williams and Stebre...

Heard the fight was a stinker.

Only thing that kept it interesting was that it was close. Mayweather shaded it in my opinion but more so coz of his efficiency in landing punches whilst running away most of the fight. As mentioned, he is the boxing equivalent of Chelsea parking the bus.

Unless pacman knocked him out, he was never going to win. They'll fight again and people will still pay big $$ to watch the ****.

The dictatorship that Dana white runs in ufc is what makes that so much better than boxing rubbish.

for people that love boxing I can see why they would enjoy it .

But for me I struggle to understand how someone who ran away the whole fight managed to win .

Have you ever watched Serie A....  :ninja:

Mayweather wins by taking moral stand against violence

Nevada judges unanimously praised Floyd Mayweather's ethical stance today against violence by awarding him a points victory, going against the tradition of awarding the fight to the boxer who lands the most effective punches.  In what was touted as the fight of the century, instead of standing and trading blows with his opponent, "Money" Mayweather instead opted to be the greater man and turn the other cheeck and run away whenever Manny "Pacman" moved towards him.  In what could only be described as a great victory for pacifism, Mayweather raised his hands in victory with half of the last round still remaining, knowing that even though he had not struck his opponent once during the fight, his ability to run away and resist the urge to fight proved his greater inner courage.  In response to this remarkable display the Nevada judges, known around the world for their ethics and moral calibre without peer, made the unusual public statement of rewarding Mayweather for his display of pacifism.  "My man Mayweather, he is a modern day Ghandi" one was heard saying while checking out his new Rolex.  Another modestly declined to comment upon being approached as he was preparing to drive off in his brand new Lexus.

That was my first ever boxing match that I've seen - and I may have watched too many Rocky movies (count: six) but I expected more brawling

But like if we're using "statistics" to score the fight, then why doesn't everyone just stay away, punch and jab and get those percentages up? It's... quite sad, really.

Mayweather wins by taking moral stand against violence

Nevada judges unanimously praised Floyd Mayweather's ethical stance today against violence by awarding him a points victory, going against the tradition of awarding the fight to the boxer who lands the most effective punches.  In what was touted as the fight of the century, instead of standing and trading blows with his opponent, "Money" Mayweather instead opted to be the greater man and turn the other cheeck and run away whenever Manny "Pacman" moved towards him.  In what could only be described as a great victory for pacifism, Mayweather raised his hands in victory with half of the last round still remaining, knowing that even though he had not struck his opponent once during the fight, his ability to run away and resist the urge to fight proved his greater inner courage.  In response to this remarkable display the Nevada judges, known around the world for their ethics and moral calibre without peer, made the unusual public statement of rewarding Mayweather for his display of pacifism.  "My man Mayweather, he is a modern day Ghandi" one was heard saying while checking out his new Rolex.  Another modestly declined to comment upon being approached as he was preparing to drive off in his brand new Lexus.

cj0yLaL.jpg

Guest ZipGunBop

Do you guys have a favourite fighter?

Tyson early years (18-22) is probably the most brutal I've seen.

For entertainment value it's hard to go past Prince Nazeem.

He was gold.

It's very hard to go past early years Tyson, total beast.  Wladimir Klitschko would rate right up there at present day, not much hype around him but he has systematically dismantled opponents for years now.  Current day I really fancy Golovkin, the American fighters are dodging him left and right as his hands are like wrecking balls.  His last fight against the Mexican? guy was the first time I have ever seen a boxer look genuinely scared in a ring, went down in the first and didn't even try to get back up.

for people that love boxing I can see why they would enjoy it .

But for me I struggle to understand how someone who ran away the whole fight managed to win .

I've been a boxing fan fOr years but this fight was a gee up for floyd to win

Tyson early years, it gets you thinking if the bloke had a brain, would he have been the greatest ever.Jeff andemmeh Fenech was pretty talented, not so good watch thief though and there was Aussie Kostya was also pretty handy. Roy Jones Jnr was great as was the battler from England Ricky Hatton. Then there's Oscar De la Hoya, Prince Naseem, wow can't just pick one... If I had to it would be Tyson before he went psycho.

Guest ZipGunBop

Tyson was the best at getting inside those defensive jabs and opening up his target.

Left hook, right uppercut, lights out.

Best ever has to be butterbean

fmhVLBh.jpg

Tyson was the best at getting inside those defensive jabs and opening up his target.

Left hook, right uppercut, lights out.

You make him sound intelligent. It's just that he didn't feel pain but gave back plenty and some...

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CEDce4EW8AA9BX6.mp4

Can we get Jimmy Lennon jnr as our new stadium announcer for next season?

In the blue corner, 

the one time winner of the prestigious oceanian champions league,

The cyrillic loving, latte drinking, forgotten salary cap cheating,

the undisputed, usually defeated joke of the A-League, 

Easternnnnnnnnnn Sydneyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!