Getting back our Church Street March

If you want need to talk to parra town hall let me know as my dad is in charge there n also has a few connections within the area if you need to talk to him private msg ill pass on his mobile number

Thanks brother.

Benched/Big Dukes - does Parra Town hall in any way have any involment in the march at the moment?

If not can they have?

I feel your pain Ian. I had a run in with security police a few years back at a football match

I wont go into detail, but my outcome was a little different with the police been good enough to apologise and respect to them for that.

Mate it isnt easy, fighting for this sort of thing often isnt and everyone appreciatrs your efforts.

And no one will think any less of you brother you if you take a step back for as long or as little as you like.

Edited by westofcentre

I post too much personal info but whatever. In the meantime everyone should have a beer and have a Wanderful night.

Yes how dare you display any sort of passion. Work, come home, get yourself into an extrordinary amount of debt, become a slave to the system of your own choosing, join the rat race, neglect community ties, make money the source of your security not community or family, and become a robot too busy for anything of real value.

This is what you should be doing.

not marching for your rights.

That or buy yourself tickets to Farinas booze tour of Sydney

Edited by westofcentre

i would love for u guys to have a sit down with parra police and voice your concerns to them and then u will see the difficulties that arise from such marches.

If there is anyone here who would like to take on that responsibility and take it away from Ian and myself, by all means raise your hand

The march ceased to be an RBB march after round 4/5 last year once we got our first win...its an official western sydney fan march (cant use the words wanderers in it, cause once you do it becomes a club march).

There's a bloke called JohnG pretty handy at that stuff.

he knows the door was always open and never shut on him in regards to providing his assistance. at no point was his services not wanted

So that 'directive' from our 'core' that anyone involved in organising Terrace Australis cant be involved in organising for the RBB was for everyone except me, was it?

JohnG - would very much appreciate having a chat. Will PM you later today. As fans not representing the RBB we would like to compliment and add another dimension. To facilitate and serve as a network hub, doing things that for whatever reason may have been difficult in the past and engage all stakeholders. To be a resource

Edited by westofcentre

Just out of curiousity did any of the banned boys end up meeting De Bohun cos I haven't heard anything in months? I'd be pretty disappointed if no one went cos we were very close to a break through on the w-league and B.J. ban

Just out of curiousity did any of the banned boys end up meeting De Bohun cos I haven't heard anything in months? I'd be pretty disappointed if no one went cos we were very close to a break through on the w-league and B.J. ban

no it didnt happen, he never accepted our proposed meeting

However, there are improvements occuring with one banned boys case and a meeting with himself and FFA is being mentioned

Sounds good. De Bohun is a bigger prick than I realised.

Yeah one of the boys emailed him about talking about his ban as he was advised he had a good case to challenge it....received an email back simply stating case is closed were not reviewing anything 

Just tell the cops we are starting our march to the stadium from the Collector Tavern, The commercial hotel, The crown and Rose, The Woolpack and also One World of Sports bar.

Or we could just make it the largest pub crawl in the history of humanity since Genghis Kahn started drinking in Mongolia and ended up rat assed with vodka in Poland

And before anyone asks - my entire historical knowledge of Genghis Kahn is soley based on what I have learned from Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. Generation Y probably have no idea what the hell im on about (dont worry, neither do I half the time)

Edited by westofcentre

‘‘They exhibited very poor behaviour along the restaurant strip that interfered with the diners."

The stupidity of the police and sydney fans must also be taken into consideration for what happened that day. 

Police were located near the pub and stadium, but not on church street where the sydney fc fans were and where the march would be. I think the police should have been there at least 15min prior to advise or warn the opposition fans that a couple of thousand drunk WSW fans are about to come streaming through here, that they might want to wait in the restaurant while this happens or finish up the meals and get the hell outta there just for precautionary reasons.

Of course I know in a perfect society these measures should not be needed and opposition fans should surely be able to sit right in the middle of a march without any trouble, but we were drinking for about 6 hours - something was bound to happen and police and sydney fc fans must have rocks in there heads for not being prepared for this. hopefully the cops have learned some lessons as the public love us marching past, I always see big smiles and people taking photos and recording us on there phones, but sydney fc fans in the middle of all this isn't a good recipe.

Then the police will say dont drink... or the police will say if you cant control yourself then we will control it ourselves and thats where the march re routation came from. You have a point but it wont change anyone's mind.

‘‘They exhibited very poor behaviour along the restaurant strip that interfered with the diners."

The stupidity of the police and sydney fans must also be taken into consideration for what happened that day. 

Police were located near the pub and stadium, but not on church street where the sydney fc fans were and where the march would be. I think the police should have been there at least 15min prior to advise or warn the opposition fans that a couple of thousand drunk WSW fans are about to come streaming through here, that they might want to wait in the restaurant while this happens or finish up the meals and get the hell outta there just for precautionary reasons.

Of course I know in a perfect society these measures should not be needed and opposition fans should surely be able to sit right in the middle of a march without any trouble, but we were drinking for about 6 hours - something was bound to happen and police and sydney fc fans must have rocks in there heads for not being prepared for this. hopefully the cops have learned some lessons as the public love us marching past, I always see big smiles and people taking photos and recording us on there phones, but sydney fc fans in the middle of all this isn't a good recipe.

If you watched the footage you will notice that the Sydney FC fans were sitting in the restaurant with their Wanderers mates. Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter but this is Australia, its not Europe. We can all get along without the bullsh*t.

"police would consider several factors including...whether it would occur during peak time,"

I can't wait for our next Monday 11am kick off so we'll be allowed to march down church street!

Are they serious? Our games are Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons, it doesn't get much more peak hour for church street than that. Any time we play at home its peak hour, everywhere you look there are wanderers fans on the street and inside the many establishments - thats called Game Day. If thats a condition then may as well say we cant march on days ending in 'y'. I'm waiting for the: 'due to a huge increase in membership numbers...' excuse to come up next

That's probably half the point hughsey.

If they don't think they can get the public onside with the 2 or 3 incidents they'll use banal, pc reasons, such as 'too busy', 'it will disrupt the poor businesses' completely apart from the original reason.

They're like a stubborn parent, desperate for their poor reasoning not to be shown up by their 8 year old.