English Championship & Football League Thread

Ch24ZisW0AAZ0Xm.jpg

Pitch invasion and also there were a good few flares............. and no children were harmed...... there will be no inquest or charges.. thank god for commonsense....

Good luck to Brighton in the play offs, been 3 clear quality teams this season, play offs are a lottery but Brighton stand a very good chance.

Congratulations Boro. For the third time in 4 seasons it's the play off lottery for us...!

Not surprisingly I have a different view of the sending off. A yellow yes probably but not a red. The referee changed his decision when he saw the leg. That's not how such decisions should be made.

Anyway, it's gone and congratulations to you and Boro. Cross your fingers for us in the play offs..! The top 3 this year have done the championship proud. Cheers.

Southern biased media chunts!!!!!!!

Gaston has a massive chunk out of his leg and is on the oxygen!!!! And the commentators said he was milking it LOL 

Red all day long.

Dirty bastards.

Gaston had been copping it all game

Congratulations Boro for you and the town

Congratulations from this side of the M1 too !! As much as I like Brighton as a town I would always go for a Northern team as opposed to a Southern one !!

Southern biased media chunts!!!!!!!

Gaston has a massive chunk out of his leg and is on the oxygen!!!! And the commentators said he was milking it LOL 

Red all day long.

Dirty bastards.

Gaston had been copping it all game

Congratulations Boro for you and the town

Congratulations from this side of the M1 too !! As much as I like Brighton as a town I would always go for a Northern team as opposed to a Southern one !!

Yeah, it was a red all day for mine, they had targeted Gaston all game as you say and they had finally collected him. Any decision would be made on all evidence available, it was reckless and dangerous and resulted in a terrible injury that ended his game, easily a straight red.

Thank god I don't have to listen to Sky sports Don Goodman commentate on our games anymore, the mackem biased chunt. Also the southern based media made it very clear who they wanted promoted, but then they always do  :D

Anyway the Smoggies are coming to an EPL town / city near you  :D

Ch24ZisW0AAZ0Xm.jpg

Pitch invasion and also there were a good few flares............. and no children were harmed...... there will be no inquest or charges.. thank god for commonsense....

Good luck to Brighton in the play offs, been 3 clear quality teams this season, play offs are a lottery but Brighton stand a very good chance.

Congratulations Boro. For the third time in 4 seasons it's the play off lottery for us...!

Not surprisingly I have a different view of the sending off. A yellow yes probably but not a red. The referee changed his decision when he saw the leg. That's not how such decisions should be made.

Anyway, it's gone and congratulations to you and Boro. Cross your fingers for us in the play offs..! The top 3 this year have done the championship proud. Cheers.

I have a soft spot for Wednesday and a part of me would like to see them in the EPL again....... they will be tough at Hillsborough.

BUT i think Brighton will get over the line. I am not sure there is a play off team that quite has the moment that Norwich had last season, they were flying.

Edited by WSWBoro

Football league wrap up, bottom up....

In the Conference (still always call it that) Cheltenham promoted with a massive 101pts, play offs already started and I would like to see Grimsby Town win that and return to the league, but they have lost their first leg I think 

At the bottom really sad to see Halifax Town go down another level. They fought so hard to come back up the pyramid structure after going out of business that taking another step back again is a kick in the guts. They should be a Div 2 team easily, hopefully will bounce back.

At the bottom end of the football league sad to see York City have drop out and in to the conf  :nono:  My son was born in the hospital at York that is right next door to Bootham Cresent their home ground, they were at home that day and you could hear the fans from the hospital ward lol That makes my son an official Yorkie so feel bad for them and him.

At the top of division 2 the fast rise of Bristol Rovers continues, promoted again. AFC Wimbledon have made the play offs and would love to see them promoted. The natural order of things will only be resolved when AFC Wimbledon are above the MK shitty Dons franchise. Portsmouth are also in the div 2 play offs so are on the road back even of they don't get promoted this year.

Div 1 isn't quite finished yet but Wigan have already been promoted and Buton look like they will follow barring any final game disaster. Very tight between Barnsley and S****horpe for the final play off place, separated on GD only. Bradford have made the play offs and hope they get promoted.

At the bottom Blackpool need a final day miracle to escape a second consecutive relegation. They need Fleetwood to lose at home to Crewe Alex which looks unlikely, Crewe are already down themselves and you would expect Fleetwood to do the business. What a disaster for Blackpool, turmoil off the pitch that makes Leeds United look tame by comparison. If they go down and they don't get things sorted out I can see them dropping out of the league next season, they are not operating as a football club at the moment.

Sad to see Doncaster go down, they have a great little stadium and set of fans. They were in the Championship not long ago and have been on the decline for a while.

In the Championship MK Dons have been relegated  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah: Good, now **** OFF and don't come back you repulsive syhtehouse of a club. The sooner they go out of business the better. 

Awful season for Charlton and Bolton. Charlton with massive issues off the pitch, they will struggle again next year possibly, no quick return for them I feel. Bolton also with a massive job. From all the teams relegated from the Championship I am not sure any of them will bounce straight back, gives hope to those in Div 1 next year.

In other areas.. Darlington 1883 have won promotion AGAIN and will play in the National League North next season. I think they are one tier below the Conf now? Will have to check that. They are building each year and each step is a step back towards the football league. Good luck to them. 

In the Conference (still always call it that) Cheltenham promoted with a massive 101pts, play offs already started and I would like to see Grimsby Town win that and return to the league, but they have lost their first leg I think 

At the bottom really sad to see Halifax Town go down another level. They fought so hard to come back up the pyramid structure after going out of business that taking another step back again is a kick in the guts. They should be a Div 2 team easily, hopefully will bounce back.

At the bottom end of the football league sad to see York City have drop out and in to the conf  :nono:  My son was born in the hospital at York that is right next door to Bootham Cresent their home ground, they were at home that day and you could hear the fans from the hospital ward lol That makes my son an official Yorkie so feel bad for them and him.

At the top of division 2 the fast rise of Bristol Rovers continues, promoted again. AFC Wimbledon have made the play offs and would love to see them promoted. The natural order of things will only be resolved when AFC Wimbledon are above the MK shitty Dons franchise. Portsmouth are also in the div 2 play offs so are on the road back even of they don't get promoted this year.

Div 1 isn't quite finished yet but Wigan have already been promoted and Buton look like they will follow barring any final game disaster. Very tight between Barnsley and S****horpe for the final play off place, separated on GD only. Bradford have made the play offs and hope they get promoted.

At the bottom Blackpool need a final day miracle to escape a second consecutive relegation. They need Fleetwood to lose at home to Crewe Alex which looks unlikely, Crewe are already down themselves and you would expect Fleetwood to do the business. What a disaster for Blackpool, turmoil off the pitch that makes Leeds United look tame by comparison. If they go down and they don't get things sorted out I can see them dropping out of the league next season, they are not operating as a football club at the moment.

Sad to see Doncaster go down, they have a great little stadium and set of fans. They were in the Championship not long ago and have been on the decline for a while.

In the Championship MK Dons have been relegated  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah: Good, now **** OFF and don't come back you repulsive syhtehouse of a club. The sooner they go out of business the better. 

Awful season for Charlton and Bolton. Charlton with massive issues off the pitch, they will struggle again next year possibly, no quick return for them I feel. Bolton also with a massive job. From all the teams relegated from the Championship I am not sure any of them will bounce straight back, gives hope to those in Div 1 next year.

In other areas.. Darlington 1883 have won promotion AGAIN and will play in the National League North next season. I think they are one tier below the Conf now? Will have to check that. They are building each year and each step is a step back towards the football league. Good luck to them.

Quality recap. Good to see you got your obligatory dig at Leeds in there. Well played.

Agree on mk dons - almost as happy to see them gone as I was millwall last year.

Quality recap. Good to see you got your obligatory dig at Leeds in there. Well played.

Agree on mk dons - almost as happy to see them gone as I was millwall last year.

Ha! Always room for a subconcious dig at Leeds lol

Maybe next season will be the season your mob finally gets its **** together.

Filthy on Colchester getting relegated

Why would a Man Utd follower care about Colchester?
Wellllll long story short. I went there once to visit a friend i met at Airlie Beach and i thought it was a country town so i did nothing for 2 days. Day 3 i got on a bus and went into colchester town.. i enjoyed it. Friend still lives there and im a proud owner of a colchester jersey. So i follow their results closely. They scraped through to survive on last day last season, this season just ****.

Pretty sure all the Doncaster fans are back to following Man Utd and Leeds now.

Congrats to Boro for gaining promotion.

Two big games and early mornings coming coming up then. It's all rather exciting.

Colchester were everyone's favourites it 1971 when they knocked Leeds out of the FA Cup in the 5th round !!

Bit like Hereford United when they knocked Newcastle out of the cup in the 70's  :good: Ronnie Radford wonder goal 

Yeah Hereford were non-league at the time and Newcastle riding high.

Colchester were everyone's favourites it 1971 when they knocked Leeds out of the FA Cup in the 5th round !!

Bit like Hereford United when they knocked Newcastle out of the cup in the 70's  :good: Ronnie Radford wonder goal 

Yeah Hereford were non-league at the time and Newcastle riding high.

Any excuse... lol NEVER gets boring 40 odd years on

Parka's galore !!

And a pitch like a plough has been over it, I swear the ball sits up on a mud divot like at a rugby conversion kick just before Ronnie smashes it  :D

Edited by WSWBoro

Why isn't boro kit have hoops anymore? i thought that was thier thing?

They bring the white hoop back every 5 years or so. But they never get it right. The hoop is supposed to go all the way around. Also with modern day adertising on shirts with the Boro that always ends up within the white hoop so spoils it. The iconic shirt is the one fron the mid 70s, plain red shirt with full white hoop, club badge and that is all.

Boro should also always play in an inter milan style away shirt. Blue and black stripes are the traditional away colours.

They bring the white hoop back every 5 years or so. But they never get it right. The hoop is supposed to go all the way around. Also with modern day adertising on shirts with the Boro that always ends up within the white hoop so spoils it. The iconic shirt is the one fron the mid 70s, plain red shirt with full white hoop, club badge and that is all.

Boro should also always play in an inter milan style away shirt. Blue and black stripes are the traditional away colours.

Im actually a supporter too, so I should have known this. I sort of jumped on board with boro when schwarzer kept for them.. and then even more so when Viduka joined.... and then its just been pain ever since.

Im actually a supporter too, so I should have known this. I sort of jumped on board with boro when schwarzer kept for them.. and then even more so when Viduka joined.... and then its just been pain ever since.

Once seen a guy in a Boro shirt in the East stand, it was when my old man was visiting so must have been season 1, I think he was from Canberra or something and followed them because of Viduka and co and... not you by any chance?

Edited by WSWBoro

Once seen a guy in a Boro shirt in the East stand, it was when my old man was visiting so must have been season 1, I think he was from Canberra or something and followed them because of Viduka and co and... not you by any chance?

No no.. it wouldnt have been me. I haven't got a boro jersey.