English Championship & Football League Thread

Hi All

Dumb question:

I work with a young lady who is a Newcastle United fan.

She's going to the UK on a trip and was about to buy tickets to an away game between Fulham and Newcastle

I recommended that she buy a ticket in the specific away section with the other Newcastle fans

Does Fulham have a "reputation" like Milwall / Leeds etc in terms of violence?

I think Fulham has or had a designated 'neutrals' section in addition to the away allocation and it states Supporters in the Neutral Section may wear replica shirts or other items of clothing relating to either team.. I know in the past when Middlesbrough have gone to Fulham they have taken over the 'neutral' section lol

Won't have any bother at Fulham, good day out, some very good pubs around that ground and is in a nice area to spend  a bit of time pre and post match.

Polar opposite of my Millwall experiences where you arrive at a designated station and get picked up by the plod and route marched to the ground down fenced in lane ways with barbwire everywhere and the locals loitering looking for trouble, then after the game being walked by the plod back to the station. :rolleyes:

Hi All

Dumb question:

She's going to the UK on a trip and was about to buy tickets to an away game between Fulham and Newcastle

I recommended that she buy a ticket in the specific away section with the other Newcastle fans

I think Fulham has or had a designated 'neutrals' section in addition to the away allocation and it states Supporters in the Neutral Section may wear replica shirts or other items of clothing relating to either team.. I know in the past when Middlesbrough have gone to Fulham they have taken over the 'neutral' section lol

Won't have any bother at Fulham, good day out, some very good pubs around that ground and is in a nice area to spend  a bit of time pre and post match.

Polar opposite of my Millwall experiences where you arrive at a designated station and get picked up by the plod and route marched to the ground down fenced in lane ways with barbwire everywhere and the locals loitering looking for trouble, then after the game being walked by the plod back to the station. :rolleyes:

The New Den or did you also have the 'pleasure' of a trip to Coldblow Lane?

Hi All

Dumb question:

The New Den or did you also have the 'pleasure' of a trip to Coldblow Lane?

Coldblow Lane was whilst I was till quite young and my old man wouldn't take me there, one of the few grounds he wouldn't take me to. Only went to Millwall for the first time when they were at the 'New Den'. Didn't see any major issues on my trip but it isn't an enjoyable away trip because you don't have the freedom to do what you want, you are herded around like cattle. 

Funny thing is some fans talk about Ayresome Park Middlesbrough of having that Coldblow Lane reputation, because it was my home ground I never viewed it that way, but it was up there in the top 5 toughest places to visit for an away fan for sure.

I paid 2 visits to Coldblow Lane in the early to mid 70s. Not quite sure what led me to return a second time but at 18 you believe you're invincible. Nonetheless neither were pleasant experiences !! Also visited Ayrsome Park in the early 70s but didn't experience anything worse than other away grounds (although most places were quite menacing in those days !!)

Lewis cook - best player I have seen come out of the academy in 10 years - going to Bournemouth of all ******* places.

Those of you making fun of Leeds fans in the other thread for being in denial about how far we have fallen - days like this are a reminder. We know, we ******* know.

:(

Lewis cook - best player I have seen come out of the academy in 10 years - going to Bournemouth of all ******* places.

Those of you making fun of Leeds fans in the other thread for being in denial about how far we have fallen - days like this are a reminder. We know, we ******* know.

:(

Ahhhh so you finally embrace the likes of Huddersfield, Barnsley and Rotherham as rivals lol

It is one of the steps on the road to rehabilitation for Leeds fans lol

• 2 weeks later...

Fixtures are outhttp://mobile.efl.com/fixtures/

Wednesday start off with Villa at home. Great it's being televised, but shame about the time.

Is there a way to work out which games Fox will show?

We get the sky games.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

Cheers lloydy. 

Looks like the morning of Sat 6th August I'll be tuning in!

• 2 weeks later...

40m0fag.jpg

Classic sky sports style 'football started in 1992' gibberish.

it does say "premier league"...

'Founding members' like its a brand new competition. It's the English first division - not a new comp - always has been and always will be.

Perhaps should go in the WRGMG thread :)

Calling it already, QPR to play Huddersfield in the EFL Grand Final this season

Slow down there... QPR were only playing Leeds at home first game. Much bigger tests of their early season credentials await.

A pleasent surprise about Newcastle getting rolled at Fulham but still expect them to comfortably win the division with hames to spare.

I forgot about the first round of championship games actually and only seen them yesterday lol

Slow down there... QPR were only playing Leeds at home first game. Much bigger tests of their early season credentials await.

A pleasent surprise about Newcastle getting rolled at Fulham but still expect them to comfortably win the division with hames to spare.

I forgot about the first round of championship games actually and only seen them yesterday lol

snob, championship not good enough for you now ey, let me guest your one and only rival is man u? :ninja:

snob, championship not good enough for you now ey, let me guest your one and only rival is man u? :ninja:

Well no... I only see clubs on a similar level to Boro as rivals.... so Everton and the like...... ;-)