Amazing Facts

Guest ZipGunBop

Mud pies don't taste like chicken, they taste like mud.

Chicken tastes like dead bird.

Chicken tastes foul.......:P

What came first?

The chicken roll or the egg salad?

The Chicken Caesar salad ! :D

Mind blown.

The number googolplex is so large that writing it would need more space than is available in the entire universe.

Which kind of makes no sense because the universe seems to be expanding at an increasing rate.

I was going to write something funny but I'm plain boring and couldn't think of anything.

Interestingly, my son had an argument with his year 3 teacher after I told him the largest number I knew was a googolplex (10 ^ a googol ("1" followed by 100 zeroes)). She contended that it was a made-up, nonsense word. He came home quite upset and accused me of lying to him so I told him to inform his retarded teacher that there was a magic place one could visit online named after the exponent "googol" where she could type questions and become disillusioned.

That was a fun parent-teacher interview...

The number googolplex is so large that writing it would need more space than is available in the entire universe.

Which kind of makes no sense because the universe seems to be expanding at an increasing rate.

I was going to write something funny but I'm plain boring and couldn't think of anything.

Interestingly, my son had an argument with his year 3 teacher after I told him the largest number I knew was a googolplex (10 ^ a googol ("1" followed by 100 zeroes)). She contended that it was a made-up, nonsense word. He came home quite upset and accused me of lying to him so I told him to inform his retarded teacher that there was a magic place one could visit online named after the exponent "googol" where she could type questions and become disillusioned.

That was a fun parent-teacher interview...

Wow! With teachers like that there's no stopping our future generations.

Imbecile.

Guest mickisnot

Primary school teachers are ******* idiots and I have very little time for them. They're usually stupid women who entered the proffession just because they want to claw some form of control on to other people, while at the same time calling themselves teachers.

High school teachers are the exact inverse and are usually intelligent people who genuinely want to leave a lasting impression on to all the kids who they meet. I have a lot of time for them.

This is both an Unpopular opinion and an amazing fact.

I'm more efficient because of less beard.

Primary school teachers are ******* idiots and I have very little time for them. They're usually stupid women who entered the proffession just because they want to claw some form of control on to other people, while at the same time calling themselves teachers.

High school teachers are the exact inverse and are usually intelligent people who genuinely want to leave a lasting impression on to all the kids who they meet. I have a lot of time for them.

This is both an Unpopular opinion and an amazing fact.

I'm more efficient because of less beard.

needs more beard

Guest mickisnot

There are three cities/towns that were designed by Walter Burley Griffin in NSW/ACT...one is Canberra, the second is Griffith and the third (and smallest) is Leeton.

That is the first genuine amazing fact in this thread.

Thank you.

It was reported by the Roman historian Valerius Maximus (1st century AD) in his Facta et Dicta Memoriabilia (Memorable Deeds and Words) that the Greek tragedian Aeschylus was killed when an eagle mistook his bald head for a rock and dropped a turtle in its beak onto it thinking it would crack the shell.

The word 'trivia' comes from the Roman  'tri via' or crossroads of three roads, where people would congregate and gossip, exchanging nuggets of information.

Among other uses the Romans used urine to bleach clothes, as well as a mouth wash for cleaning teeth. Roman senators wore the togata praetexta or togata laticlavus, which had a wide purple band which was made with a dye from the Murex shellfish.

The south east Asian fish sauces and British worcestershire sauce are both reminiscent of garum, the Roman preferred condiment. Garum was made by letting salted fish (usually a small fish like an anchovy) rot and ferment.

The Romans used hot walnut shells to remove body hair.

Guest mickisnot

Among other uses the Romans used urine to bleach clothes, as well as a mouth wash for cleaning teeth. Roman senators wore the togata praetexta or togata laticlavus, which had a wide purple band which was made with a dye from the Murex shellfish.

Any information on whether this would work?

Listerine is expensive.

Listerine is expensive.

Ask Todd Carney! :D
Guest mickisnot

Listerine is expensive.

He does have a fabulous grin

Listerine is expensive.

He loves his Pale ale!
Guest mickisnot

Listerine is expensive.

He loves his Pale ale!

I'll let you know how my little experiment goes next dentist visit ;)

Guest ZipGunBop

Listerine is expensive.

He loves his Pale ale!

I'll let you know how my little experiment goes next dentist visit ;)

Don't gargle.

Listerine is expensive.

Ah but the wider he smiles the more he shows off how much piss he has drunk.

My Roman fact for the day:

Another place to exchange gossip was the flute toilet. These were found in public places and were quite open. Sit down, do your business, and have a chat with whoever else was there.

Some public toilets were set up by the laundries to collect piss also.

Okay sort of another one, it's part roman and it's part Spartan, something about it blows my mind - just when you think the past is utterly foreign you get flashes of ourselves.

Anyway, the Spartans (aside from marching into battle to the sound of flutes after oiling themselves up and doing their hair - you didn't see that in 300!) had this annual cheese whipping festival. Young boys had to approach the temple of Artemis to steal the cheese but the rest of the Spartan blokes would be ranged around the temple armed with whips to lay into the kids. Alright. So far so good. But several hundred years later, the Romans built an amphitheatre on the site, and as far as can be made out, charged people to watch re-enactments of the cheese whipping festival.

That's right. The Romans built an ancient Spartan theme park.