Animals/Pets thread

A cute look, almost like this?

599526_10151014362632430_1717163122_n.jp

I WANT THAT CAT.  :diablo:  :wub:

I also want a turtle. You people are making me jealous :(

lol pets are great but yesterday one of my cats was stalking me while i was trying to clean the house i wanted to pat her so much but i needed to clean the bloody house so she followed me around for about an hour :D her sister is currently preventing me from eating they are all evil at times :D

I was stalked by my aunt's cat in her apartment in Paris. It followed me into the shower, I didn't notice, and scratched me the **** out when I turned the water on :(

I still want one though after that horrific moment hahaha :P

that sounds so painful, i been attacked a few times one when i was 2 or 3 years old a dog bit me hard on the nose and once where my cat was trying to kill a rat so i held her while someone helped the rat and she scratched the hell out of my arm, both scars still exist :D but some pain is worth it to have pets, i found out today that because dogs have really good eyesight apparently they actual pay a lot of attention to our faces and i guess they use that to read our emotions which is really interesting 

also my ex g/fs cat always attacked me when i got anywhere near my ex g/f(g/f at the time) which was a bloody pain but it was tiny and it never hurt and i just gave it attention anyways i cant be mean to an animal 

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

I was stalked by my aunt's cat in her apartment in Paris. It followed me into the shower, I didn't notice, and scratched me the **** out when I turned the water on :(

that sounds so painful, i been attacked a few times one when i was 2 or 3 years old a dog bit me hard on the nose and once where my cat was trying to kill a rat so i held her while someone helped the rat and she scratched the hell out of my arm, both scars still exist :D but some pain is worth it to have pets, i found out today that because dogs have really good eyesight apparently they actual pay a lot of attention to our faces and i guess they use that to read our emotions which is really interesting 

also my ex g/fs cat always attacked me when i got anywhere near my ex g/f(g/f at the time) which was a bloody pain but it was tiny and it never hurt and i just gave it attention anyways i cant be mean to an animal 

hahaha it was damn painful but I didn't scar/bleed, it was just scratches :) 

I like the idea of dogs but I'd rather have a pet I can be lazy with (like a cat.. or a turtle :P)

hahaha it was damn painful but I didn't scar/bleed, it was just scratches :)

I like the idea of dogs but I'd rather have a pet I can be lazy with (like a cat.. or a turtle :P)

lol turtles are so cute and it can be painful but with animals its worth it :D

img0081gf.jpg

My GS, little pita :P

very cute dog but i fear its a soccer hooligan :D

your house must be a cave. if pokemon has taught me anything, bats love caves.

or maybe i'm just half-drunk

lol nothing wrong with being half drunk :P

so far in about 3 years i had 4 bats decide to join me in my house for the most part i dont mind but they drive my pets crazy they are really interested in bats :P

the worst thing that came into my house was a pregnant funnel web spider which i wasnt a huge fan of and usually i'll try to help anything that comes into my house(frogs, lizards, most spiders, snakes, bats, birds, wasps, bees, ants, etc) but screw helping that funnel web, i nuked that thing with a can of fly spray :D

• 1 year later...

lol sorry i think i thought she is a massive dog because of her head, they tend to have bigger heads compared to their bodies(that breed of dog) currently i got my black nose sister on me(the cat thread) being a pain :P

• 1 month later...

Just be aware Dalmatians have a litany of hereditary problems. Deafness is most prevalent, which is why they were used as a firehouse dog (they wouldn't freak out at all the commotion/sirens and stuff.) + they have some liver problems.....

Other than that. Massive cuties. 

Dalmations are very loyal. Australian Cattle Dogs have dalmation in them for that reason

I love dogs. To bits. Especially mine. I grew up with a blue cattle dog called carlie who was a gift from some other planet, perfect dog. When she died we got another ACD but male. Didnt work out so had him re-homed and i got a cockatiel. Cooper was the cheekiest bird but ended up escaping from his cage outside (flying into the window first)

About 14 years after that male cattle dog we finally got another (after my brother, dad and I fenced our house...**** job). A female blue Cattle Dog called Indy, best dog ever. Was dads best mate (even went to visit him in hospital before he died), she's my best mate and is a beautiful soul. Shes 5 now and i hope we have at least another decade from her

I did have a lovely Golden Retriever called Belle. My ex and I got her at 7months as something of a rescue. Beautiful dog, probably the funniest i have ever known. Shes now with the ex, which works well as they're a great pair.

Have had cats in the past (and the ex had 2), they're nice but arent as much fun as a dog. Dogs also make you feel like the most important thing in the galaxy, after food.

I have pictures but I'm at work on the phone so will post some later. Yep im one of those annoyingly proud people :D

Edited by braad

animals are great!  Teaches kids and adults so much about life.

We initially had the one dog which passed of complications - I believe he was poisoned! Soon after we adopted a dog from the RSPCA to fill the void, then we took ownership another one from owners who didnt want him because he was too aggressive for THEM. He was cheeky and territorial, but loyal and sweet to the ones he loved. So 2 dogs was plenty! But we then came across another pup that we couldn't leave alone so we took her on board too!  

We had them since puppies and was by their side up until they passed of old age or had euthanised due to problems that came with age.

Two of which have passed within the last 12 months. With one more left, I have decided that I could not bring myself to have another dog- at least not straight away or within the near future. 

This is a lovely Thread...which I don't ever remember seeing before. I've posted on the cat thread (which, to be honest, I think prob should be merged with this one...but not for me to say really...)

I've just come back from the vets after a visit there with two of our cats. One I took is very old (although not as old as the 21 year old we had to have "put down"  this time last year)   :sorry:  ...and the posts by teddies and Braad above remind me of how painful it is after so many years to get to that final stage with a much loved animal friend.

The other cat I had to take to the vet is our 2 year old female (Indie) whose two brothers now are twice her size and beat her up - she has a sore eye, and is starting to over-groom and remove her fur in places (through stress)

Amongst other things the vet suggested was the use of pheromone  spray and diffusers...to calm and relax them. In every other respect they are calm and laid-back creatures with a great environment to hang out in. 

My question. to forumites.....has anyone ever had cause to use these?  I know  some vets spray themselves with it to calm the animals they treat, but does anyone have experience with it at home??

the 2nd dog i posted a picture of actually saved another dogs life, gave the dog a blood transfusion even if it was not his choice :P it seems like its the kind of thing he would do, very friendly but food obsessed dog

This is a lovely Thread...which I don't ever remember seeing before. I've posted on the cat thread (which, to be honest, I think prob should be merged with this one...but not for me to say really...)

I've just come back from the vets after a visit there with two of our cats. One I took is very old (although not as old as the 21 year old we had to have "put down"  this time last year)   :sorry:  ...and the posts by teddies and Braad above remind me of how painful it is after so many years to get to that final stage with a much loved animal friend.

The other cat I had to take to the vet is our 2 year old female (Indie) whose two brothers now are twice her size and beat her up - she has a sore eye, and is starting to over-groom and remove her fur in places (through stress)

Amongst other things the vet suggested was the use of pheromone  spray and diffusers...to calm and relax them. In every other respect they are calm and laid-back creatures with a great environment to hang out in. 

My question. to forumites.....has anyone ever had cause to use these?  I know  some vets spray themselves with it to calm the animals they treat, but does anyone have experience with it at home??

we used to give our cat medication to calm her anxiety and there was a spray but only to stop her from over grooming

get ready for nawwwwwssss... this is Indy soon after we got her in 2009, so all puppy pics. Sh'es a bit of a rarity as she's almost perfectly symmetrical in markings, with all of the "proper" cattle dog marks (she was from good bloodlines but desexed so no showing), the breeder actually wanted her back to swap for his other female who wasnt as well marked. muahaha, she's alllll ours  :cheeky:  :woah:

2933_75940560769_6902775_n.jpg

2933_75940580769_2060980_n.jpg

2933_75940585769_4794902_n.jpg

2933_76492775769_5786828_n.jpg

We tried some of those calming sprays but they didn't seem to work. We did have to use some stuff to settle indy before our trips down the south coast, she couldn't travel without anxiety, but he has grown out of it thankfully. the stuff DID work, but she was drowsy afterwards until we took her for a run on the beach.

It does hurt a lot seeing a best mate getting old and dying, but it really teaches us about life. For those fortunate enough to not witness family die, a silver lining of animals is really showing us how precious life is and at the end it's never long enough. I went 14 years between dogs and i don't know how we did it, I think i would be searching for another soon after, possibly even before to help with training the new pup. Its that age old dilemma about Love, where it hurts to lose it, but is so wonderful while you do have it. The beauty of an animal, especially a dog is that they will love whoever cares about them forever, they will follow you forever and will keep going until they die just to stay near you (at least in working dogs). Too precious to waste life without that companionship!

#crazydogman