Server Upgrade

Hi everyone.

As usual in the off-season I try to setup any server upgrades or software updates now so the site doesn't go down during the season. This time we have a big one coming up, switching from our current chopped & changed custom plan to a newer one that has better specs across the board, will allow discrete upgrades of specific resources and also moves us to SSD storage. Hopefully this will eliminate the handful of times the site went down during high traffic this past season. There will also be a forum software upgrade done after the server move.

I'll provide further updates as required here. I'm not sure how long the downtime will be, but I think it will be pretty short if things go as planned as we're not switching providers.

Thanks.

As you might have seen, took the site offline for a while as part of the process.

The new server is up.

I was hoping the site transfer might have taken place tonight but I don't think it will. The backups for the transfer might have been done though. Anything posted from now on might not exist after the site transfer is done.

Gonna leave the site online for now.

I've done the software update on the site here on our existing server, everything seems to be as normal. Any issues please post here.

I'm not sure if I'm actually going to do the transfer over onto a new server though. Still talking through with the host about it. As usual I'll post here any updates.

Edit - Okay the server transfer isn't being done. So shouldn't have any more downtime now.

• mack locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...