The Emergency Q and A thread

Question 1: which member of the federal government or opposition would you like to go on a pub crawl with? what pubs would you include? What do you think they would drink? Why?

ALP

Albo, Marrickville breweries ending up playing pool at the Town Hall in Newtown with a kebab on the way home at Sultans Table. We would start with the  Albo Pale Ale.

Maybe a pub crawl with Penny Wong too round Adelaide I reckon she'd be great company 

Nats

Matt Canavan, it would could all go a bit wake in fright though

Alternatively question 2. 

If Channel 7 did a made for TV movie or mini series of your life who would play you? 

I'm going with Matt Day

8 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Edited by StringerBellend
Sorry can't remove the quote
3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Question 1: which member of the federal government or opposition would you like to go on a pub crawl with? what pubs would you include? What do you think they would drink? Why?

ALP

Albo, Marrickville breweries ending up playing pool at the Town Hall in Newtown with a kebab on the way home at Sultans Table. We would start with the  Albo Pale Ale.

Maybe a pub crawl with Penny Wong too round Adelaide I reckon she'd be great company 

Nats

I don’t know pubs but I would to have a drink with Tanya Plibersek, or maybe Penny Wong. Maybe a few drinks in a quiet place and plenty of hours ahead. 

5 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I don’t know pubs but I would to have a drink with Tanya Plibersek, or maybe Penny Wong. Maybe a few drinks in a quiet place and plenty of hours ahead. 

I reckon both of those would be ace. Tanya I reckon would start on red wine but by the end of the night she'd be buying rounds of shots. 

And the actor??

I'm changing mine to Richard Roxbourgh

9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Should I go back to the WFMB?

😂

I'd you aren't going to participate in this level of debate then yes. I'm dealing with serious issues here 

Tanya was up my way yesterday hanging out with the bushcare crew admiring some of my work. Well she would have if it hadn't been completely fogged over.

Anyway I stand by what I said in the other thread, Lambie in Devonport, Katter Mt Isa, Cameron in Newie.

Albo's sounds tempting but I'd be depressed about the hipsterisation of the old haunts. Haven't been to the townie in years but it lost it's charm when they took away Frenzal's ARIA from behind the bar. I suppose being kicked out at 5am like the old days with Albo would be alright.

3 minutes ago, marron said:

Tanya was up my way yesterday hanging out with the bushcare crew admiring some of my work. Well she would have if it hadn't been completely fogged over.

Anyway I stand by what I said in the other thread, Lambie in Devonport, Katter Mt Isa, Cameron in Newie.

Albo's sounds tempting but I'd be depressed about the hipsterisation of the old haunts. Haven't been to the townie in years but it lost it's charm when they took away Frenzal's ARIA from behind the bar. I suppose being kicked out at 5am like the old days with Albo would be alright.

I haven't been to the Towny in years I'm guessing that the old JJJ hottest 100 with Nick Barker and the Reptiles isn't still in the Juke Box 

Jackie Lambie I reckon would drink me under the table 

22 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Nats

I feel dirty saying it but Barnaby could probably last the distance.

George Christensen (who I think has left?) purely to check out the Manila pub scene.

15 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Agree, they both seem like they'd be good value.

Closest I've got was being on a plane with Wong on election day 2019 (before the massacre).

10 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I reckon both of those would be ace. Tanya I reckon would start on red wine but by the end of the night she'd be buying rounds of shots. 

I reckon she could put them away.

2 minutes ago, marron said:

Agree with all these, particularly Lambie and Cameron.

1 minute ago, marron said:

Also, Ewan Mcgregor because he's nailing my look in Obi Wan Kenobi at the moment.

Mmmm I did at a channel 7 made for TV mini series, would Ewan McGregor do channel 7 mini series 

Just now, StringerBellend said:

I haven't been to the Towny in years I'm guessing that the old JJJ hottest 100 with Nick Barker and the Reptiles isn't still in the Duke Box 

Jackie Lambie I reckon would drink me under the table 

Right? It'd be a riot and she'd have some good stories. And probably try and give you a snog at some point.

The Oxford across the other side of alco's island there had the better jukebox. I don't even know if there's still a pub there, it was the zanzibar for a while.

5 minutes ago, Carns said:

If it's Channel 7 I reckon I'd get a Shane Jacobson or as I've said before the fat kid from Hey Dad.

He went to school with my brother the little fat kid..

He was a nice kid 

Fine.

Edmund Barton, or as he was known "tosspot toby". (Tosspot in those days meant someone who tossed back pots), round the Rocks in the roaring 80s when he was a cricket umpire. 

Jack Lang, the Big Fella, for the six o'clock swill in the west after he'd retired.

3 hours ago, Carns said:

If we're going former members I'd probably want to have a drink with Hawkey (he'd drink me under the table), Keating (good wine collection, I'd imagine), Kim 'Bomber' Beazley (nice bloke). That list could get quite extensive.

I did once encounter Kim Beazley in a bar and have whiskey at his table he was ace 

Todays Question (an old one though): Name a musician, actors and  an A League player (non Sydney FC or WSW), former or current WSW player, that you have an irrational hatred of? That at some level you realise the level of dislike is completely disproportional to their percieved fault?

I'm leaving out the obvious ones of Bono, Sting, Clapton and Coldplay.

Actor: I have a totally irrational dislike of the actor Sam Neil, ever since seeing him being interviewed on ABC News Breakfast, going on about he is such an ordinary humble person, from his winery in NZ.

Musicians: Blur probably I don't know why I just really can't stand them I thinks its they are clearly middle class home counties private school kids playing at being cheeky cockneys or somehting,  Damon Albarn would be the most obvious target, but Alex James makes cheese so I'm going to focus on him

A Legue Footballers: Neil Killkenny, just look at him   

WSW: James Triosi, not the anti-vaccine thing, and he wasn't even that bad, he just drives me mad

13 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Todays Question (an old one though): Name a musician, actors and  an A League player (non Sydney FC or WSW), former or current WSW player, that you have an irrational hatred of? That at some level you realise the level of dislike is completely disproportional to their percieved fault?

I'm leaving out the obvious ones of Bono, Sting, Clapton and Coldplay.

Actor: I have a totally irrational dislike of the actor Sam Neil, ever since seeing him being interviewed on ABC News Breakfast, going on about he is such an ordinary humble person, from his winery in NZ.

Musicians: Blur probably I don't know why I just really can't stand them I thinks its they are clearly middle class home counties private school kids playing at being cheeky cockneys or somehting,  Damon Albarn would be the most obvious target, but Alex James makes cheese so I'm going to focus on him

A Legue Footballers: Neil Killkenny, just look at him   

WSW: James Triosi, not the anti-vaccine thing, and he wasn't even that bad, he just drives me mad

Actor....Tom Cruise.....just because...:D

Musicians........Ted Nugent........great first album......total MAGA gun nut.

A League......Jason Hoffman.....a dirty player, Matt Simon.......a dirty player , Ryan Grant......just because. :D

WSW.......Kearyn Baccus......threw our jersey away.....should be a criminal offence tbh....:D