RBB Heart post-match support thread.

mack

When you start getting respect from other terraces, well, that say's it all.

Well done to EVERYONE. From the guys who have been around since preseason, setting the foundations and ensuring we had a core group to get the chants going, writing new chants, organising our displays, our muso's to all the new people joining the group every day, week and being so passionate, learning the chants and following the capo's.

We have a long way to go, but we are obviously heading in the right direction.

When you start getting respect from other terraces, well, that say's it all.

Well done to EVERYONE. From the guys who have been around since preseason, setting the foundations and ensuring we had a core group to get the chants going, writing new chants, organising our displays, our muso's to all the new people joining the group every day, week and being so passionate, learning the chants and following the capo's.

We have a long way to go, but we are obviously heading in the right direction.

+ 1

1st time i stood in the RBB was the spartans trial game, & the entire way home that night all i could think was what a massive season its going to be! Supporting the club has BY FAR exceeded ANY expectations i could ever have, wether its shoulder to shoulder in the RBB gametime, causing mayhem at the woolie pre-game or while watching our away games, this club has given me exactly what i was looking for as an active supporter- brotherhood, unity AND respect...

The friendships ive made & the events ive been to are just the beginning....

The are no limits with the western sydney wanderers

Agree with the RBB chant drowning out the Wa.nker chants. Some of us older blokes standing down the front were turning around and making 'cut it out' gestures to people. I found that the wanker chants were only coming from Bay 57, there weren't many people doing it in Bay 56 which is good to see. I couldnt hear bay 55 so can't comment on them.

Thanks to Llama for the soothers btw. My voice was pretty shot by half time but 5 minutes after downing that sucker I was back in full swing

Those things actually work ay ;)

They're good ****.

Agree with the RBB chant drowning out the Wa.nker chants. Some of us older blokes standing down the front were turning around and making 'cut it out' gestures to people. I found that the wanker chants were only coming from Bay 57, there weren't many people doing it in Bay 56 which is good to see. I couldnt hear bay 55 so can't comment on them.

Thanks to Llama for the soothers btw. My voice was pretty shot by half time but 5 minutes after downing that sucker I was back in full swing

They're good ****.

+ 1

I chomped them like skittles, felt heaps better during/after the game and the next day, recharged vocal chords!

I signed up 4 RBB membership afta tha CCM match ... I was allocated bay 57, All newbies are now being allocated to bays 55 & 57. I suggest someone who works in an office make hundreds of chant sheets and then scatter them around all bays at the north end to encorage all to get involved; newbies and ga.

RBB is the key motivator for all Wanderers support at games, we ultimately should be aiming for our songs & chants to become common for all parts of the stadium!

Imagine that final derby match at parra with 1/2 tha stadium singing... Who do you sing for? With the whole RBB Singing back we sing for Wanderers!!

Now that would be epic!

I signed up 4 RBB membership afta tha CCM match ... I was allocated bay 57, All newbies are now being allocated to bays 55 & 57. I suggest someone who works in an office make hundreds of chant sheets and then scatter them around all bays at the north end to encorage all to get involved; newbies and ga.

RBB is the key motivator for all Wanderers support at games, we ultimately should be aiming for our songs & chants to become common for all parts of the stadium!

Imagine that final derby match at parra with 1/2 tha stadium singing... Who do you sing for? With the whole RBB Singing back we sing for Wanderers!!

Now that would be epic!

We've had a few piles of chant sheets printed, but due to a few crappy regulations from the club/stadium while set-up is happening we've been unable to spread them out evenly enough to get everyone on board.

Will hopefully be getting this up and happening as soon as possible.

They're good ****.

mate theyre like steroids for the throat or something haha. If I'm not careful I'll look like a rugby league player by the end of the season

@atp - thats the advantages of the capos being elevated above everyone so they can pick out those who arent geting involved and those starting their own chants.. I know it was coming from

There was also a smartass knt at the back of 56 thinking he was a funny **** making smartass comments.. Until i raised my voice and told him to shut the **** up.. Unfortuantely i couldnt see him.. Cause if i did.. He was gonna get a talking too..

I hate **** like that..

But over time.. People will get better at chantig.. Its still early days.. But we have to set it in stone from now on..

No to starting your own wanky chants

And respect the capos and those putting in work for the rbb for one day to be the best..

i was about 5 meters to the right of the drums, and there was a group of c*nts a few rows back from me who were making what i can only describe as bird noises in between the chants. i think they are the people u had a go at mate.

also, there were some people who got sick of Dale Cavese, and started call out next track. c*nts....no suprises they were also the ones standing there arms crossed not singing to start with.

also - it was mentioned somewhere else in here.

rather than throw the business cards around at the pub which just get chucked on the floor, let the capos have 50 each in their pockets, and as they are walking between the bays, hand them to the people not singing, or trying to sing but no don't the words.

i think people would appreciate that more than being told sing or phuck off

I think it's way too early to start doing cove style "sing or **** off" ultimatums. If people still aren't signing by next year or perhaps next season then it's time to step in. Education is first point of call right now.

As much as I feel like running around the home end yelling at every **** standing there with their arms folded doing **** all I think this is a sensible approach. Here we are trying to build a home end atmosphere, we don't want to spoil it with a sing or **** off attitude in this early stage. I suppose some want to try the experience first to see if it suits them. We hope they will become vocal and rowdy and make this terrace the best in the league, we definately have the core to do it. But to those ****ers who complain about the view, can immediately **** off.

There are 3 types of people in our bay at the moment...

Core RBB/Wander Women - No explaination needed. ~20% of the section.

Newbie RBB/Wander Women - They get involved and make an effort. They might have only recently joined but don't take much encouragement to go mental, learn chants etc.. ~60% of the section.

Posers/Spectators - No interest in getting involved, whinge about obstructed views & being encouraged to participate. ~ 20% of the section.

One of those 20% groups needs to **** off from our home end, and the RBB ain't goin' nowhere!!!

rather than throw the business cards around at the pub which just get chucked on the floor, let the capos have 50 each in their pockets, and as they are walking between the bays, hand them to the people not singing, or trying to sing but no don't the words.

+1

Yea i was the one with the cards. Gave many bunches to many people. After a while my animal instinct kicked in and i decided they'd be worthy of flight.

Absolutely awesome effort from everyone on Friday night. From the capos to the newbies and everyone in between. Its Sunday night and my voice is still struggling to recover - more soothers needed :good:

We all know we were ***** loud, but I just thought I'd give another perspective. I met up with some friends today who sit in the "la-di-da" black section of the eastern stand and they (and other people around them) are starting to learn some of the chants just from listening to us at the games!!!!! ("C'mon you Wanderers", "Dale Cavese" as well as the "Who do we sing for?"). After just 3 home games we have people around the stadium learning the chants, so if you think that having the WHOLE STADIUM following the RBB is a dream - ITS NOT!!! and it would be AMAZING!!!

Yea i was the one with the cards. Gave many bunches to many people. After a while my animal instinct kicked in and i decided they'd be worthy of flight.

The cards I had, I walked the pub, and spoke to people. If they weren't on the forum, I gave them a card.

My thoughts:

- When the Capos are visible (standing on the fence) EVERYONE paid attention to them. As soon as they became invisible, the bays became a rabble.

Lesson learned: Capo to remain visible to at least get the chant started and well on its way, then can drop down for a couple of minutes until the chant dies a bit. (might be time to get a capo in front of each bay?)

- Dale Cavese: listening back on the replay...and hmmm...the woooooooooooaaaaaahh part seems to all sound the same. I think the newbies aren't aware that each line is a different tune.

The amount of times I had to scream "hands up!" was astounding. I lost my voice telling people off more than singing.

- How to get people to learn chants:

Simple: Call and response.

Capo: Now repeat after me:

We're from the streets of Western Sydney!

bays: repeat

Capo: Home of the mighty RBB!

bays: Home of the mighty RBB!

etc etc

Do this for a few of the longer chants so people can learn them. People will pick up songs/chants/lyrics if the Capos do a bit of a call and response for the first few times and then the bay can go off and do the entire chant on their own.

Chant sheets are not going to work all on their own. People need to be led like sheep.

There were times when we were dead quiet and needed a capo to get up and start something. We can't tell people off for starting random chants when there is noone saying otherwise. Just bear that in mind.

The wanker and who are ya chants will slowly stop as we keep telling people to shut that crap up. I lost my voice also from yelling at people that "we don't do that $hit here!"

time to split down the middle and split the Paranoia chant methinks. Could sound pretty ***** epic.

Look, we can do whatever the hell we want in terms of chants. It was proven on Friday that the bays WILL listen to the Capo if he is visible to them. (and it also looks epic on the big screen when Noise is cursing at our useless claps haha).

It kinda annoyed me that the bays finally sang properly at the full time whistle ffs. I guess there wasn't a game to watch...

Perhaps the Capos pregame need to make a speech about not reacting too much to the refs decisions and to keep singing non stop, no matter what (except a goal).

Goal celebration...

Ok, we go mental. But we need a chant when everyone half settles down.

How about the simple:

West West West Sydney! (ie the East London one) a few times to get everyone back together ready for the next wave of chants.

March:

It appears the march is only good if you're at the front. If you're anywhere near the middle or the back its shite. It seems the front goes pretty damn quick and is broken from the main group. By the time I got to the park, the main group were already bunched up doing the who do we sing for schtcik.

I still think we need to break the march groups up into 3 or so with a capo leading a couple hundred on his own to keep the chants going. The amount of times I get stuck in the middle and there is no one chanting is annoying. And having said that, the Parra FC march is still probably the best overall.

If we break it up, one group can wait in the park and as the 2nd capo is arriving with his group they can ask them "who do we sing for?" etc. and do this as each group arrives.

(NB the groups don't have to be separated, just led by capos. It seems all the hardcore RBB/Capos are at the front and everyone else is left to do their own thing...which kinda doesn't work)

edit: Sorry for the EPIC post. Didn't realise it was that much haha

Edited by Erebus

My thoughts:

- When the Capos are visible (standing on the fence) EVERYONE paid attention to them. As soon as they became invisible, the bays became a rabble.

Lesson learned: Capo to remain visible to at least get the chant started and well on its way, then can drop down for a couple of minutes until the chant dies a bit. (might be time to get a capo in front of each bay?)

- Dale Cavese: listening back on the replay...and hmmm...the woooooooooooaaaaaahh part seems to all sound the same. I think the newbies aren't aware that each line is a different tune.

The amount of times I had to scream "hands up!" was astounding. I lost my voice telling people off more than singing.

- How to get people to learn chants:

Simple: Call and response.

Capo: Now repeat after me:

We're from the streets of Western Sydney!

bays: repeat

Capo: Home of the mighty RBB!

bays: Home of the mighty RBB!

etc etc

Do this for a few of the longer chants so people can learn them. People will pick up songs/chants/lyrics if the Capos do a bit of a call and response for the first few times and then the bay can go off and do the entire chant on their own.

Chant sheets are not going to work all on their own. People need to be led like sheep.

There were times when we were dead quiet and needed a capo to get up and start something. We can't tell people off for starting random chants when there is noone saying otherwise. Just bear that in mind.

The wanker and who are ya chants will slowly stop as we keep telling people to shut that crap up. I lost my voice also from yelling at people that "we don't do that $hit here!"

time to split down the middle and split the Paranoia chant methinks. Could sound pretty ***** epic.

Look, we can do whatever the hell we want in terms of chants. It was proven on Friday that the bays WILL listen to the Capo if he is visible to them. (and it also looks epic on the big screen when Noise is cursing at our useless claps haha).

It kinda annoyed me that the bays finally sang properly at the full time whistle ffs. I guess there wasn't a game to watch...

Perhaps the Capos pregame need to make a speech about not reacting too much to the refs decisions and to keep singing non stop, no matter what (except a goal).

Goal celebration...

How about the simple:

West West West Sydney! (ie the East London one) a few times to get everyone back together ready for the next wave of chants.

March:

It appears the march is only good if you're at the front. If you're anywhere near the middle or the back its shite. It seems the front goes pretty damn quick and is broken from the main group. By the time I got to the park, the main group were already bunched up doing the who do we sing for schtcik.

I still think we need to break the march groups up into 3 or so with a capo leading a couple hundred on his own to keep the chants going. The amount of times I get stuck in the middle and there is no one chanting is annoying. And having said that, the Parra FC march is still probably the best overall.

If we break it up, one group can wait in the park and as the 2nd capo is arriving with his group they can ask them "who do we sing for?" etc. and do this as each group arrives.

(NB the groups don't have to be separated, just led by capos. It seems all the hardcore RBB/Capos are at the front and everyone else is left to do their own thing...which kinda doesn't work)

edit: Sorry for the EPIC post. Didn't realise it was that much haha

+1 with all of this.

The march is the hardest thing to accomplish. Having such a narrow footpath to accomodate for about 500 people is ridiculous. A road block eventually has to be put in place. I've been stuck in the middle towards the back the last 3 times now and is almost pointless as you can not hear anything at the front. It doesn't help your cause when the police trafficing sucked arse on Friday for some reason (maybe as it was a Friday night), people were getting caught at the lights and the group became split up and by the time we reached the park, the "who do we sing for" chant was already over. Really annoyed at that.

After everyone goes mental for the goal celebration, what about singing:

He scores when he wants

He scores when he waaants

Players name

He scores when he wants

Then back together for the next wave of chants

After everyone goes mental for the goal celebration, what about singing:

He scores when he wants

He scores when he waaants

Players name

He scores when he wants

Then back together for the next wave of chants

great idea the problem is half the time i dont even know which player scored :P

Any thought towards having a 2 capos going at the same time, spread out to cover the 3 bays?

Looking from the side bays it is pretty difficult to see the capo at times, and the sides don't feel as involved compared to the goings-on in bay 56.

Any thought towards having a 2 capos going at the same time, spread out to cover the 3 bays?

Looking from the side bays it is pretty difficult to see the capo at times, and the sides don't feel as involved compared to the goings-on in bay 56.

We've been having our 2 capos + 1 extra core with mega running it from bay 56. TBH atm i think it's best we take control of 56 entirely before we start trying to spread out too much. Once 56 is down, everyone will follow

My thoughts:

We've been in a **** fight to get a capo stand since it was first seen in Bri. It'll come once the stadium stop being *****.

I don't agree with 1 capo each bay. We're still trying to get a complete hold on 56 let alone 3 bays at the same time. Once 56 is solid, the others will follow. As they already are.

Yes we can. Capos start the chants. Everybody else follows. That is how it is. You leave too much wiggle room for randoms starting chants, with the amount of people we have, they'll just never stop and never give the capos the attention that they need.

Agreed, would look wicked. But we still got abit to do with that chant, people still arent doing it properly.

Goal celebration...

How about the simple:

100% agree

March:

The biggest reason that the march is a little shambly at time is because of the cramped space that we are marching in. Add in the bandwagoners effect for a few games, and it becomes very hard to manage. Splitting us up into 3 groups atm won't help, why?, because people still don't get it. It's not because we aren't organising it properly. It's because alot of dudes just want to run a muck and don't really understand what we are trying to do. In time they'll fall in to place if they decide to stick around.

Best thing for us atm would be to march on the road. RBB banner infront, as a barrier for the lost ***** who think they can run off. Even a PVC pole at the front would go a long way in keeping people back, and holding a the pace. Once we learn to hold pace, the chants will flow easier throughout the supporters.

It really doesnt help that we can only fit 4 people abreast on the footpaths. Chants don't travel very far.