RBB Heart post-match support thread.

mack

Less amount of stupid 'xyz is a wanker' chants. I think any time that starts up the core just immediately smash out the RBB chant to drown it out and it should eventually die.

The Smurf forum is saying something about Seven Nation Army, I think they mean over the PA so maybe we need to have a chat to the club to stop it. We don't steal Cove chants (although I doubt we'd want 'nick nack paddy whack' anyway) and the club shouldn't be playing any smurf songs either.

We've got something like 22 or so chants already, if we spend 2 or 3 minutes on each that is enough to cover an entire half without much or any repetition. Perhaps that is just us getting used to the main core chants still but something to think about.

for the take your shirt off thing thank god i had another shirt under my wanderers jersey or people would have gone running from the stadium

to be fair i would never take my shirt off and expose people to the horror that lies beneath :P the RBB as usual did really well

we did well to drown out the referee is a ..... chants though

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

for the take your shirt off thing thank god i had another shirt under my wanderers jersey or people would have gone running from the stadium

to be fair i would never take my shirt off and expose people to the horror that lies beneath :P the RBB as usual did really well

Capos did ****ing excellent job drowning out that ref is a wanker ****...

As for the shirts off, 1st time ive taken my shirt off at a sporting event, but il put my body on the line for the RBB!

Capos did ****ing excellent job drowning out that ref is a wanker ****...

As for the shirts off, 1st time ive taken my shirt off at a sporting event, but il put my body on the line for the RBB!

i agree i hate to say it but the ref is a wanker chant took over a few times in previous games but as soon it was started it was drowned out so much improvement

i will only take my shirt off if someone is pointing a gun at me and asks me too, otherwise no way in hell :P

and i agree that we sounded so loud in the last 20 minutes, we had so much energy

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

i was sitting on the edge of RBB because my friend bought a GA ticket by mistake haha, but we did pretty well on the edge i reckon it was like sitting in the RBB from the first goal onwards!

1 thing i notices were A LOT of new faces in the bay (and around, 55 & 57, which were more acceptable) who knew none of the chants and were just standing there most of the game. This annoyed me a little cos I had to stand on the edge of 56, but it didn't stop me running past them and in for our little rumbles :xbop:

Hoping the newbies pick up the chants quick smart for the newy game!

All in all another great night by the mighty RBB and the boys them selves :xnod: :xnod:

yeah i noticed it too, i mean i still chanted but i think it puts a lot of people off who know the words/want to chant but nobody around them is chanting

but i guess those sections aren't technically RBB sections (right?) so there's nothing we can do!

Considering i've read that the RBB wants to expand across the whole North Terrace, it's silly to shun newbies who don't know chants. They'll get there after one attendance and most will be good to go by half time. Don't exclude new faces rather embrace them and teach em the ropes. Break the shy factor and get them to go f***en mental!!!!

Edited by Pistola

Considering i've read that the RBB wants to expand across the whole North Terrace, it's silly to shun newbies who don't know chants. They'll get there after one attendance and most will be good to go by half time. Don't exclude new faces rather embrace them and teach em the ropes. Break the shy factor and get them to go f***en mental!!!!

You haven't been in bay 56 yet have you...I can tell by the **** you post. :nea:

The RBB embraces everyone. Not everyone embraces the RBB. The bay's are clearly marked active. It's also on your membership. So sing for farks sake.

We will happily guide you through the chants. But don't just stand there doing nothing. You take up the room of actives.

The RBB embraces everyone. Not everyone embraces the RBB. The bay's are clearly marked active. It's also on your membership. So sing for farks sake.

We will happily guide you through the chants. But don't just stand there doing nothing. You take up the room of actives.

****ing this! The knob ends standing on the seats in the front of 57 texting on their phones the whole game can GTFO to GA. sing or phuck off

I love the fact that I'm going into this weekend with no voice, nearly lost everything when we did the who do we sing for right in the middle this week. The seats hurt more than I thought they would! We did well I think last 25 minutes was insane. But we gotta remember even if the other team score we keep singing as soon as Melbourne scored most people dropped. Thats the time we get ****ing loud and proud! Capos did a good job getting everyone going again straight away!

Agree with the RBB chant drowning out the Wa.nker chants. Some of us older blokes standing down the front were turning around and making 'cut it out' gestures to people. I found that the wanker chants were only coming from Bay 57, there weren't many people doing it in Bay 56 which is good to see. I couldnt hear bay 55 so can't comment on them.

Thanks to Llama for the soothers btw. My voice was pretty shot by half time but 5 minutes after downing that sucker I was back in full swing

1 thing i notices were A LOT of new faces in the bay (and around, 55 & 57, which were more acceptable) who knew none of the chants and were just standing there most of the game. This annoyed me a little cos I had to stand on the edge of 56, but it didn't stop me running past them and in for our little rumbles :xbop:

Hoping the newbies pick up the chants quick smart for the newy game!

All in all another great night by the mighty RBB and the boys them selves :xnod: :xnod:

lol i know what you mean the first half i had a bit less than half a seat to stand on but the 2nd half i just could not find a seat :P i did for about 2 minutes but fell off the seat promptly

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

It was an epic evening. I was in bay 57 . There are certainly a lot of newbies who are keen to sing but have no idea what the songs are. Some come up with their own crap.

It would be good to have a few people try to get the side bays involved a bit more. Gradually during the game the side bays really got into it and followed the lead of bay 56

It was an epic evening. I was in bay 57 . There are certainly a lot of newbies who are keen to sing but have no idea what the songs are. Some come up with their own crap.

It would be good to have a few people try to get the side bays involved a bit more. Gradually during the game the side bays really got into it and followed the lead of bay 56

We did our best to spread capos out. I was firing up the back rows for most the game. People are definitely keen they just dont know the lyrics yet.

Big shout out to the Cappos for their amazing work last night. All the RBB was loud as ****, watched a replay of the game this morning and it was our best effort so far. Best part of the night for me was getting Bay 55 to chant against Bay 56 in the ;Who do we sing for' chant. great work to get that going. I had a few mates come along last night and they are now going to sign up. They sat in bay 55 but were singing and jumping around all night once they got the hang of the chants.

Big shout out to the Cappos for their amazing work last night. All the RBB was loud as ****, watched a replay of the game this morning and it was our best effort so far. Best part of the night for me was getting Bay 55 to chant against Bay 56 in the ;Who do we sing for' chant. great work to get that going. I had a few mates come along last night and they are now going to sign up. They sat in bay 55 but were singing and jumping around all night once they got the hang of the chants.

+1 Thats ****ing awesome!

And top ****ing work by the capos!

+1 Thats ****ing awesome!

And top ****ing work by the capos!

+2. Thought the capos were outstanding last night. Whatever you guys did different worked far better. I'll be posting a video on youtube later of last night which included the own goal in the 2nd half from the back of bay 56. You can hear some ****tard chanting bolton in it.

Biggest positive was the drowning out of the "ref is a wanker chant", fantastic work. Great win last night and best thing is Newcastle at home only next week. Prepare to go ****ing mental again next Saturday too. A couple of the GG Army were there in the back with me also last night, good to see their faces in amongst it all again.

Irrespective of comments about Bays 57 and 55 not singing, I think the fact that the people in those bays were NOT SITTING was a massive improvement. From where I was sitting in Bay 7, the 3 bays looked like a good tight display and I did not hear the ref's a wanker chant at all. Two people sitting beside me were at their first game - a father and his 13 year old son - the youngster was amazed at the atmosphere, and the game too. I don't know whether they will sign up. The people who usually sit there could not come on a Friday night and so gave their season passes to these two. I hope they liked it enough to sign up.

I loved the fact we kept chanting after fulltime, after the players had left the field. They would have been sitting in the dressing rooms hearing us still singing our guts out. Good effort everyone.

AwesOme display last night, from capos to the drummers.. And those who sang all game.. Brilliant effort.. Replay of the game is at 430 on foxsport today so cant wait to watch it..

Only fault i have is coming from bay 57.. Middle to back section.. Perhaps pregame... Or during the game against newcastle.. We have a few people walking through these bays handing out the business cards with info on this forum .. about discussion and chants

Not pre game.. Not halftime.. And not full time.. We need these cards handed out for a large majority of this year..

It was good to see boys i know there going nuts.. Had 2 mates (who i thought were in the grandstand) out the front of 55-56 going spastic! Its great to see everyone enjoying themselves.. We are getting better with every game

Big shoutout to all the assyrian boys and all their mates.. These blokes go hard out all game!

And lambada killed it last night... Best chant so far when were winning.. Shirts off and sing lambada and to see 200 shirts and scarves flying in the aor is the best

Epic night with the RBB. Wander Women definitely got into it and we danced along all night. Only annoying thing was that someone broke one of the sticks of our two-stick banner. But other than that, we all sounded really good and we're only getting better. Capos really need a stand as that made a difference. After heckling a few people doing their own thing, I told them to shut up and listen to the capos and they did. Don't think they liked being told off by a girl hahaha

Edited by shakeyourface
Guest ZipGunBop

i thought the last 20 minutes of the game was our best perfomance vocally so far

Dale Cavese is epic the longer it goes, the better it gets. People start dropping off but as long as people keep going it catches back on.

Guys that were standing around us near the back, if you want to start your own chants fck off somewhere else and do it.

To the "ref is a wanker" crew that starting bagging out a capo for telling you to stop, yes you are "doing it wrong".

Next one that starts that "ref is a wanker" crap I'm going to cut his head off. (Theoretically)