Animals/Pets thread

Sooo , you thought of Wendy as a cow being released from a barn......

:P

:acute:  Shuddup Jack!

oh look - it's my food jumping all over wendy's food :P

a1deae2a355c503106bf0e29b6c685f1.jpg

Shuddup wswfc!  :P

oh look - it's my food jumping all over wendy's food :P

:topshelf:

It made me laugh very hard.

:o    And...... Shuddup Fairy!

:D  :D

• 2 weeks later...

new dog is very very very good with other dogs, uneasy with humans so far but she will get there

When did you get her? What breed? How many dogs is that?

I think I could never deal with dogs, I find it hard enough with cats & some days it is hard enough to look after myself let alone the cats! Even though they can be quite selfish I find that sometimes they can sense when I'm down & try to cheer me up with a cuddle.

new dog is very very very good with other dogs, uneasy with humans so far but she will get there

When did you get her? What breed? How many dogs is that?

I think I could never deal with dogs, I find it hard enough with cats & some days it is hard enough to look after myself let alone the cats! Even though they can be quite selfish I find that sometimes they can sense when I'm down & try to cheer me up with a cuddle.

got her about midday today, she seems to be scottish deer hound cross with a whippet and 4 dogs but also kinda 5 dogs :P it depends on the dogs with some of them you just put them down and they take care of themselves but it needs an place to go outside

lol that is cute

i am having issues with my dog that i have had for about 3 days and its difficult because its obvious she has been abused in the past most likely by a male and its not easy to get her trust

lol that is cute

i am having issues with my dog that i have had for about 3 days and its difficult because its obvious she has been abused in the past most likely by a male and its not easy to get her trust

i know a dog who was a bit like that. it hated men and would only sit with women or the guy who owned it.

the trick i found with that dog is to have treats and let the dog come to you. no sudden movements or anything. it took me hours before i could pat it without even a growl. the next day it hated me again :lol: 

i'd imagine you'd have more success with it being your dog and you'd be able to spend time with it far more often.

Guy is on the money. Bribery.

I've had dogs who have been abused in previous households and are reluctant around certain people. It does fade as they build trust with you. The easiest way to do that is through food.

One of my rescue dogs is still a bit funny from time to time, and we've had her probably 10 years.

Patience and understanding is key.

I have a hand-reared scaly-breasted Lorikeet. It isn't as good as the parrot above but it does mimic sounds like the smoke alarm, our toothpick shaker/container and the squeaky laundry door. It can also say hello and says my sister's name. 

Funny story. My bird is very gender-confused. You can't tell a Lorikeet's gender with out a DNA test, so we just *assumed* it was a girl and named it Bella when we first got it. Fast forward six or seven years and we had to get some medical tests done on it and we decided to do the DNA as well. Turns out Bella is a boy :P But since we've called it that for so long, we haven't changed the name  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh God....

At first this made me laugh....

and then it broke my heart...

A bird in a cage....singing " I want to fly" (well I think that's what he's singing)     :(  :(

sorry i didnt mean to depress you, i just found it amusing at first but now i think about it, the bird has some of the lyrics wrong though