Premiers Plate to be Presented @ Home Venue... What a JOKE!

WHAT A JOKE!!!

Most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time.

Option 1: Present in Newcastle in front of a travelling army of WSW fans which have some to see the team lift the plate should we draw or better. The euphoria of watching the team do it THAT DAY and then taking the plate would be the icing on the cake. It would be a great moment and bring closure to the regular season... Giving us 2 weeks to concentrate on the semi-final.

Option 2: Roll out the captain and coach prior to the home semi-final, 2 weeks after winning the thing. This is not only a distraction, but will be a crap feeling as it’s the last thing the captain and coach want to do prior to such a big match + where will the other players be???… In the sheds waiting to come out???

In line with some other FFA decisions over the years… Laughable & NFI.!!!

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/premiers-plate-to-be-presented-at-home-venue/63946

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has confirmed the presentation of the Hyundai A-League 2012/13 season Premiers Plate will be made at the winning club’s home venue.

Heading into the final round of the regular season this weekend, two clubs - the Western Sydney Wanderers (54 points) and the Central Coast Mariners (51 points) - remain in the hunt for 1st place and the Premiers Plate.

Head of the Hyundai A-League Damien de Bohun said the decision was taken to allow as many home fans as possible to share the moment of triumph.

“Winning silverware is a proud moment for any football club and we think it’s right that the fans are part of the occasion as much as the winning players and coaches,†de Bohun said.

“We have discussed the matter with all clubs involved and have made arrangements to present the Premiers Plate at home venues.â€

The decision means the Western Sydney Wanderers, if they were to finish in top spot, would receive the Premiers Plate in Week Two of the Hyundai A-League Finals Series (12 or 14 April in Sydney).

If the Central Coast Mariners were to finish first, the club would receive the Premiers Plate this Saturday night at Bluetongue Stadium following the match against Melbourne Heart.

"If the Central Coast Mariners were to finish first, the club would receive the Premiers Plate this Saturday night at Bluetongue Stadium following the match against Melbourne Heart."

Meaning the Premiers plate will be at Bluetongue stadium this week and we cannot be buggered driving up the F3.

yer couldnt believe it at least if it was to be done at home, don't present it at the same day/time we are playing a semi final 

No point in that either mate. Consider how many ppl we will have in Newy for the match??? I think more than they would get if they decided to present it when there is no match on imo.

If we get the draw minimum, the euphoria in the stands will be off tap @ Newy... Would be a great moment. Instead IF we win it, they will give it to captain and coach 10mins prior to kick-off on the half-way line in the 1st semi. That is a game which we "may" lose and not get through... Yeah, great feeling.

Sometimes I wonder if the people making these decisions have ANY IDEA!!! Me thinks this is their way of hurting WsW fans for the stupidity of a few... Only problem is, they are hurting their own brand by killing great moments like the players running over to the fans tomorrow with the hub-cap in hand!

NFI!!!

"If the Central Coast Mariners were to finish first, the club would receive the Premiers Plate this Saturday night at Bluetongue Stadium following the match against Melbourne Heart."

Meaning the Premiers plate will be at Bluetongue stadium this week and we cannot be buggered driving up the F3.

Meaning they are a bunch of fukers that are spitting in the face of all the WsW fans!!!

WE WANT THE HUB-CAP ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly.  I'm sure they can present replicas and give the real thing later just so the occasion can happen for the lucky team on the day itself.

Its easy mate, take it to Newy on Fri... If we get the point, we get the plate. If not, pop it in the RBB bus and we will drop it off @ CCM on the way back to WS and should the CCM wrap it up on Sat, give it to them then and there... If they dont, then give it to us @ the 1st semi.

This is an unbelievable decision imo.

Silly.  I'm sure they can present replicas and give the real thing later just so the occasion can happen for the lucky team on the day itself.

Its easy mate, take it to Newy on Fri... If we get the point, we get the plate. If not, pop it in the RBB bus and we will drop it off @ CCM on the way back to WS and should the CCM wrap it up on Sat, give it to them then and there... If they dont, then give it to us @ the 1st semi.

This is an unbelievable decision imo.

Buh silly me.  Not playing on the same day as CCM.  Indeed.  Very simple.

Just a small point.

I am not able to attend Newy game due to a family commitment. So I will show my hand early so as to try and remove bias,

But we will have many fans on trains and if you look ( as my son has and is going via train) the window post game to get train back is pretty tight and no train after that.

So if we get a point and are presented with the plate the celebrations fo some or many will be rather short.

So despite it not being ideal I think teh FFA have it right for the gerater good and mass supporters. Just my opinion.

Ugh...

There should at least be some sort of celebration/ceremony even if we don't receive the plate on the day.

Pretty sure we'll be celebrating.... Plate or no plate... :xnod:

We will have many fans on trains and if you look ( as my son has and is going via train) the window post game to get train back is pretty tight and no train after that.

There are three trains back http://www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip?itd_itdDate=20130329&itd_itdTripDateTimeDepArr=dep&itd_itdTimeHour=8&itd_itdTimeMinute=0&itd_itdTimeAMPM=pm&select_origin=stateless%3A10101160&x=71&y=22

11.31 (this one has a two hour wait at Wyong, so give it a miss!)

has this been done in previous seasons or a new thing??

Yea, not a new thing. Last season the plate was presented to CCM before the 2nd leg of the major semi. Just had Wilkinson and some FFA official pose for a photo near the tunnel while the stadium announcer mumbled something unintelligible, was VERY underwhelming. 80% of the people at the stadium weren't aware what was happening.

Head of the Hyundai A-League Damien de Bohun said the decision was taken to allow as many home fans as possible to share the moment of triumph.

But the actual moment of triumph would have occurred 2 weeks earlier.... Makes absolutely no sense.

Conscious decision to downplay the PP vs the finals?

Agreed, the FFA is showing everyone what they think about the premiers plate, and the best team for the whole season.

Just getting in the way of the FFA's cash cow that is the finals series.

How 'bout if we win it, give us the plate at newy, and then Bech and popa can present it to "all the fans" at the semi.

Edited by cpcDanger