The Roxy: New RBB Home Pub

RBB Roxy Hotel Announcement

Dear Wanderers Family,

It is with great pleasure that we officially announce the Roxy Hotel as the newest and latest home of the  Wanderers family & RBB.

This deal is one for the future of our fans, securing a sizable venue to hold over 2000 people for all home and away fixtures.

Our official launch and welcoming will take place on Sunday October 20 prior to the opening home game of the season against the Wellington Phoenix, with the venue opening up at Midday to accommodate our first home match of the year.

The RBB atmosphere will be at its loudest as the Wanderers take over the courtyard and inside seating area of the Roxy Hotel for all home games (including midweek ACL games).

The RBB would like to welcome the Roxy Hotel on board to the Wanderers and RBB Family.

We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends on October 20.

For more detail on the discussions leading up to this decision please visit this thread.

This post has been promoted to an article

Brilliant news.

Will be a great venue. The chants will echo out of the old courtyard.

Last movie I saw there was Star Wars.

Well done to all concerned in making this happen. You guys and gals are legends!!!

Edited by Wanderboy

Dear all

After many discussions on this forum and numerous meetings with Roxy management, I am pleased to announce that The Roxy will now be an additional Wanderers and RBB match day venue

The news has been broken at the RBB website below

http://www.redandblackbloc.org/#!roxy/c7c0

For more details on what the Roxy has agreed to supply us can be found here

http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/4671-new-home-pub-discussion/

I look forward to seeing as many of you there come game day

this is amazing!!!!!!!!!! cheyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! roxy aohhhh roxy aohhhhhaohhhh

Edited by West1

This is great... both good pubs

Congrats on getting this sorted, i guess we march from 2 pubs :)

We are looking to get the march started from the Roxy as it is the bigger venue and la Banda will be based at the Roxy

For those who have not read the discussion thread on this selection

Roxy has agreed to

- install a 5m x 3m tv in the courtyard area which should be up very shortly

- provide food and drink and discounts on game day (their bistro will be open)

- Access to all areas of the roxy 

- Option of hosting matches in the cinema room upstairs (looking to create this as a live site for big matches when Parra stadium is sold out!)

- no dress code

- friday and sunday roxy events will be cancelled/push back to accommodate us as we are now the first preference over any other event, organisation

- no dress code issues for those who wish to kick on after games on friday and sunday

- Saturday matches there are no events at Roxy, so the entire place is for Wanderers fans

- Hosting midweek ACL games

- Security guards are being educated by us personally on active support, so there will be no issues with security at all

- All three bars will be open on game, with the option to open upstairs bar depending on capacity

- plenty of staff will be on hand so drink lines will be shorter

- Roxy is doing an overhaul and decorating the place in red and black, including the hanging of flags, banners across the courtyard

yes we have this all in writing and i am so excited by this as i truly believe this will be the home for all wanderers fans for generations to come

Roxy has agreed to

- Option of hosting matches in the cinema room upstairs (looking to create this as a live site for big matches when Parra stadium is sold out!)

- no dress code

- friday and sunday roxy events will be cancelled/push back to accommodate us as we are now the first preference over any other event, organisation

- no dress code issues for those who wish to kick on after games on friday and sunday

- Saturday matches there are no events at Roxy, so the entire place is for Wanderers fans

- Security guards are being educated by us personally on active support, so there will be no issues with security at all

- All three bars will be open on game, with the option to open upstairs bar depending on capacity

- Roxy is doing an overhaul and decorating the place in red and black, including the hanging of flags, banners across the courtyard

yes we have this all in writing and i am so excited by this as i truly believe this will be the home for all wanderers fans for generations to come

awesome news.....  lets just hope no knobs ruin this relationship and furthermore give ammo to the our ' sokkah hating ' media

cant wait for the season to kick off.

Roxy has agreed to

- no dress code

I cant agree more. thanks for all the hard dealing and arguing. Keep up the good work.