Music Thread 3

mack

So I knew it already but I'm at the park and some people have the hottest 100 on. What a crock of shite it is. Every song appears to be some rubbish dance-light autotuned formulaic anodyne crap that wouldn't be out of place at about no 67 on the pop charts in 1998.

"Woooooooah." 

Where are my tablets?

Edited by marron
1 hour ago, marron said:

So I knew it already but I'm at the park and some people have the hottest 100 on. What a crock of shite it is. Every song appears to be some rubbish dance-light autotuned formulaic anodyne crap that wouldn't be out of place at about no 67 on the pop charts in 1998.

"Woooooooah." 

Where are my tablets?

Recommend this podcast for you 

https://m.mixcloud.com/discover/what-double-j-should-sound-like/

JJJ is **** but let’s face it, it’s not for us.

Unless you are an 17 year old girl then in that in case, it is 

I know mate I know :lol:

It's just the stark reality of it.

Having said that, I reckon that while my Dad would not have liked anything on triple j 25 years ago or whatever, he would have acknowledged that there was a variety of sound and melody - **** me, I swear 5 songs in a row had the same chord progression and the exact same breakdowns -  and that the subject matter of songs was at least a few steps the right side of facile.

Still, i suppse they allow black music on the station now, so that's something.

3405762.gif

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Unless you are an 17 year old girl then in that in case, it is 

I still listen to Triple J in the car, and I agree that most of it is pretty generic shite. There is some good sprinkled in there occassionally. But I do hear a bunch of bands that I think if I was in my formative years I would absolutely love. They sound like rip offs of other bands that I liked when I was that age, but I guarantee you I would think it was the greatest thing I'd ever heard.

I listened to the J’s from the early 90’s up to 2005 when those douches from Frenzel Rhomb took over breakfast...they weren’t funny or entertaining   :nono:  I noticed they starting playing more techno type crap :nono:  than the stuff that I’d loved for 15 years. Oh well....

43 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

I listened to the J’s from the early 90’s up to 2005 when those douches from Frenzel Rhomb took over breakfast...they weren’t funny or entertaining   :nono:  I noticed they starting playing more techno type crap :nono:  than the stuff that I’d loved for 15 years. Oh well....

See, I love Frenzal, so I didn't think they were that bad. The Doctor is a ****wit but I think they worked well together. But completely understand that they would piss a lot of people off.

3 hours ago, Carns said:

I still listen to Triple J in the car, and I agree that most of it is pretty generic shite. There is some good sprinkled in there occassionally. But I do hear a bunch of bands that I think if I was in my formative years I would absolutely love. They sound like rip offs of other bands that I liked when I was that age, but I guarantee you I would think it was the greatest thing I'd ever heard.

Hit us up Carns, give us a taster.

Frenzal were a constant for me, my cousin lived with them and the umbilical brothers as well :lol:

1 hour ago, marron said:

Should add of course that the punk police de-authorised their legal status when "punch in the face" got big. Breakfast on Triple J???? You want a big Mac with that? :lol:

go to bluesfest mate ... i hear your cry but its the modern world.... 

Yonks and yonks and yonks ago when radio and the top 40 where still king... and Australian group had the number one song in the charts for two weeks before it was first played on commercial radio ... and despite being an incredible song with a strong social message and its history of charting its never broadcast on commercial radio today when they play greatest hits stuff.... the power of the advertising dollar is deep and has been for way to long... 

For those who have never listen to the lyrics of this song ... please do ... and for those who have never listen or heard of it ... put away your bias to a slow playing soft blues song ... but hear the lyrics scream and I have seen four clients loose their business, marriage, and two attempt self harm with one almost succeeding with his 10 year old daughter calling the ambulance and saving his life.

Ask yourself why this song was a chart topper in-spite of never being played and is never played now... the lyrics hold the answer and if you listen to the lyrics the music does suit...

Edited by Midfielder

^^^^^^

Lyric's below ... after a performance at the Opera House.. F...k this is brilliant ... just listen if you did not listen above..

There was the stage, two red lights and a dodgy P.A
You trod the planks way back then
And it's strange that you're here again, here again

And I wish I, wish I knew the right words
To make you feel better, walk out of this place
Defeat them in your secret battle
Show them you can be your own man again

Don't, don't explain
Lots of little victories take on the pain
It takes so long to earn
You can double up or you can burn, you can burn

To blow up the pokies and drag them away
Cause they're taking the food off your table
So they can say that the trains run on time

Flashing lights, it's a real show
And your wife? I wouldn't go home
The little bundles need care
And you can't be a father there, father there

To blow up the pokies and drag them away
Cause they're taking the food off your table
So they can say that the trains run on time
Another man there was made the trains run on time

Middy middy middy.

I'm trying really hard, you know. I've got to bite my tongue so I don't let the grumpiness consume me :lol:

Triple J

Hottest 100

Millenial music

Frenzal after "not so tough now"

Pokies

Nsw state government 

The whitlams 

The whitlams@__________RSL

Byron bay

Harem pants, sandals, hacky sacks and bongos

:lol:

Edited by marron
3 hours ago, marron said:

Middy middy middy.

I'm trying really hard, you know. I've got to bite my tongue so I don't let the grumpiness consume me :lol:

Triple J

Hottest 100

Millenial music

Frenzal after "not so tough now"

Pokies

Nsw state government 

The whitlams 

The whitlams@__________RSL

Byron bay

Harem pants, sandals, hacky sacks and bongos

:lol:

Jack f***ing Johnson the Coldplay of blues