The PAX and Crowds thread. SFS is Red & Black.

Victory

For some reason all these delusional people think that if we get less than a 14k average then we are a failure. Based on what? This whole "heartland of football" stuff?

I think some people should look at well established teams and their crowd averages and crowds of late.

Heart consistently get sub 8k

CCM are not much better.

SFC avg is 12k or whatever it is (will be higher this year due to ADP)

Perth get an avg of 10k

Jets are flying pretty high due to their great membership numbers

Victory likewise

Phoenix hover around the sub 10k mark too.

Adelaide again are getting sub 10k this season for some reason.

Brisbane, imo get poor crowds of only 12k after all their success. I think most fans are still burnt from a couple seasons ago when they doubled membership/ticket prices.

So if we average 10k or more, then we are in the upper 50% of the league.

A core of 8k for our first season, is a good base to build from.

After 3 home games, we already have a higher aggregate than Gold Coast ffs :rofl:

Edited by Erebus

An average of 10K would be great for the first season. The fact that other people are giving us crap for drawing 8K means we are being taken seriously, and any sub 10K crowds are seen as a disappointment.

Also another huge factor (and this is hugely important), is that a decent enough percentage of football people from Western Sydney have picked Bling FC as their team, and are sticking with them. This affects in a large way our ability to draw say 10K in the previous Friday night game, compared to the 8K we did.

What we are actually doing is converting new people to the club and sport. Wanderers is the best thing that could have happened to the league. The whole of Western Sydney is starting to know who they are, and it is slowly creating a buzz.

I think numbers aside, and I realise numbers are important too, the different feeling with this club is that even with 8k packed into Parra stadium, I don't think I have felt a greater buzz around a stadium in any other A-League game.

This includes a lot of 20k+ games with Sydney FC. Don't get me wrong, I don't think ESFC do a bad job, but you guys are just unreal. And the choice of Parra stadium was EASILY the right choice for this club.

Edited by konsequence

I think numbers aside, and I realise numbers are important too, the different feeling with this club is that even with 8k packed into Parra stadium, I don't think I have felt a greater buzz around a stadium in any other A-League game.

This indeed. My family and friends have a long standing tradition of trying to guess the crowd figure at live sporting events. Early guesses are taken before/at kickoff, and then locked in some time before the second half.

When my mate and I heard 8k against Heart I was blown away. While the 'family' bays and top corners were quite light, I pushed my estimate up based on the noise, guessing higher than 10k. The atmosphere had improved since the CCM game (when I was actually sitting closer to the RBB), and it was just astounding how 'big' it felt.

There's some momentum building in the stands, people are joining in with chants when they can, and getting more involved with the game. After the game when the players game over to the fence near my bay to start their lap and some guys behind me started chanting "Hersi!", the whole bay and more joined in, was great to see a big smile on the guys face.

I can also say people are loving the "Who do we sing for?!" call-respond before each game, and there's some in the stadium joining in, or itching to. It's always hard to get everyone motivated, but I can see eventually having the RBB call, and the rest of the crowd respond. Would be good to create a connection between support and active support which can create even better atmosphere. Perhaps to make it less exclusive, instead of "RBB, who do we sing for?" try "Wanderland (concept suggestion), who do we sing for?"

This indeed. My family and friends have a long standing tradition of trying to guess the crowd figure at live sporting events. Early guesses are taken before/at kickoff, and then locked in some time before the second half.

When my mate and I heard 8k against Heart I was blown away. While the 'family' bays and top corners were quite light, I pushed my estimate up based on the noise, guessing higher than 10k. The atmosphere had improved since the CCM game (when I was actually sitting closer to the RBB), and it was just astounding how 'big' it felt.

There's some momentum building in the stands, people are joining in with chants when they can, and getting more involved with the game. After the game when the players game over to the fence near my bay to start their lap and some guys behind me started chanting "Hersi!", the whole bay and more joined in, was great to see a big smile on the guys face.

I can also say people are loving the "Who do we sing for?!" call-respond before each game, and there's some in the stadium joining in, or itching to. It's always hard to get everyone motivated, but I can see eventually having the RBB call, and the rest of the crowd respond. Would be good to create a connection between support and active support which can create even better atmosphere. Perhaps to make it less exclusive, instead of "RBB, who do we sing for?" try "Wanderland (concept suggestion), who do we sing for?"

yer you could really see the crowd clapping along with some of the chants. I agree that we're pretty much at the stage when the RBB could do "who de we song for" with the rest of the crowd. Would just require a brief explanation beforehand from whoever is starting it off

I've also noticed that no one leaves in the 85th minute to "beat the traffic". Everyone stays til the final whistle and I've also noticed that almost the entire stadium is on their feet for the final 5-10 minutes cheering like crazy.

There's definitely an unprecedented connection between the team and the stands, that's for sure.

This lap around the entire stadium every week by the players will help strengthen this.

hey just a quick random and probably stupid question, but i noticed on tv watching fox sports news, syd fc players at training had the option of regular shirts or AFL style shirts i saw culina and ryall in them. Now im not suggesting them for every game, but hot summer games (the ones where refs stop the match every 20 minutes) i recon they could work .... 90% of you will hate it tho i already know that! :)

Not sure if serious or troll...

I'm fairly sure Koala is serious..... and yes you're right about hating the idea although I reckon it would be 100%.

hey just a quick random and probably stupid question, but i noticed on tv watching fox sports news, syd fc players at training had the option of regular shirts or AFL style shirts i saw culina and ryall in them. Now im not suggesting them for every game, but hot summer games (the ones where refs stop the match every 20 minutes) i recon they could work .... 90% of you will hate it tho i already know that! :)

Not sure if serious or troll...

I'm fairly sure Koala is serious..... and yes you're right about hating the idea although I reckon it would be 100%.

+ 1

I also gotta mention how good it is to be a part of every game the RBB, & the fact we chant till security kick us out, didnt see anybody making a move after the heart game until long after the final whistle

PAX is number of tickets bought for the game but doesn't include members.

I think the Heart game had a PAX of about 5500 on game day. We had 4500 members at that time (some non-ticketed), and there would have been some walk-ups to the game too. Final attendance was 8000. Many members were missing.

PAX is number of tickets bought for the game but doesn't include members.

I think the Heart game had a PAX of about 5500 on game day. We had 4500 members at that time (some non-ticketed), and there would have been some walk-ups to the game too. Final attendance was 8000. Many members were missing.

You'd have to think that with this being the only home game against the Jets, pretty much all of the members will come along to see Heskey. So we'd have more members, the PAX is already nearly a thousand higher than the Heart game (probably has a lot to do with the Jets bringing more than 15 fans) and we should get more walk-ups because of Heskey (not to mention the rest of the Jets side that are playing really well). My guess is 12k.

PAX of 5900 recorded last Thursday

Apparantly there was many no shows on membership so we are currently tracking well above this time last week.

Don't forget last week was a Friday match so we should allow for another day of sales.

Looking really good for 10,000+

Edited by Victory
Guest ZipGunBop

Anything over 10k will be great on Saturday. Your club is building really well.

Hopefully your crew will show up on the 24th to our little ground and make some noise. (Not as much as us of course).

Anything over 10k will be great on Saturday. Your club is building really well.

Hopefully your crew will show up on the 24th to our little ground and make some noise. (Not as much as us of course).

We are including yours truly :)

Feel free to come to the woolpack & introduce yourself of course, & make sure your wear your full victory colours ;-)