#wanderful - Share Your WSW & RBB Stories

Pistola you are a legend mate, top thread #wanderful

To be fair this idea came from BigDukes and turnermate. I just created the thread cos those boys are flat out and turner asked me to.

My fav story so far is Gavo's son at Brisbane. Gavo if you don't have twitter, can I get the pic and story and share it to the world on my account?

To be fair this idea came from BigDukes and turnermate. I just created the thread cos those boys are flat out and turner asked me to.

My fav story so far is Gavo's son at Brisbane. Gavo if you don't have twitter, can I get the pic and story and share it to the world on my account?

I have a twitter account, so I can certainly do a tweet with the photo. I'll wait for him to get home from training, so he can have input... He will be very excited about it...

#Rbbbbq will be the #Wanderful event to top all before it. 

Having said that... After sitting in the grandstands for the first third of the season, Away Sydney derby was my first introduction to active support and I haven't looked back since. Probably up there in the best nights of my life, comfortably alongside CCM. I echo Srsen's thoughts on that. 

I asked him to give his account of Brisbane and this is what I got....

In my opinion I loved every bit of it except when I got elbowed in the jaw after Hersi’s goal. I thought it was a very interesting game. Sometimes I thought the ref was a dog and other times it was a good decision. It was very fun wait no it was EPIC!!! I felt like the capo for the kids you know getting them to chant and that stuff. Next time we are away at Brisbane there is no way I’m not going.

From Dylan O’Brien

Who do we sing for?????

WE SING FOR WANDERERS!!!!!

Hahaha... Maybe it would be better if you did... I would love to hear your story about Brisbane, dude... I will send to the photo via Facebook....

My fave stories of the year was when the RBB turning up at 10am in the morning to a W - League game at Campbelltown Stadium

481325_2653034062699_395587894_n.jpg

When we were smashing Adelaide the call and response for the first time IIRC 

My fave stories of the year was when the RBB turning up at 10am in the morning to a W - League game at Campbelltown Stadium

Not to mention the chain of events, that this game would set off, for us personally... In hindsight, it was a massive blessing in disguise....

Great stories all of them! So many good times had over the season!

I loved the very first game at home v CCM ! To see over 9k fans go to our first game so many already with their WWS jerseys!!

Sydney Derby away amazing!

Away trip to MV had the best time! So much positive energy from all who attended , great atmosphere .

CCM away incredible despite the crappy weather.

I must say that what most has impressed me is the great attitude of the WSW fans. Reading the posts on this forum it is so good to see how fair everyone is and how strong the values are. A good bunch of people coming together to have fun , enjoy the beautiful game of football and to love their club!

All of this done with respect and a strict set rules.

The atmosphere at our games is unbeatable thanks to the RBB and you should all be very proud.

We go to the games as a family and have the best time.

Congratulations to all!!!!

165582wanderersfans.jpg

Wasn't this a night to remember! Look at the passion on those faces, this was our first hit out with rival active support and the SU boys weren't the happiest to see us. After they were kicked out we spent the rest of the match getting heckled and having **** thrown at us by a group that stood behind us without any help from security of Police who seemed intent on antagonising the situation.

Its funny to think this photo ended up being plastered all over the news as an example of us as hooligans, so it was probably my first taste of RBB fame lol. 

Absolutely love this photo, also reminds me of a lot of the cool people I have met through here and how much more crazy the missus is about the club now (she is in shot doing a turner, I caught her on the last Heart telecast singing her guts out)

Oh and can't wait to rock my custom RBB beanie again hehe, there is far too much awesome in this picture to describe 

Edited by StillWandering

- While at CMM away turning around at the top of the hill during the march and seeing that famous view of a sea of Wanderers fans (and later that day helping out with the young girl who seizure. A real feeling of family

I actually saw her at the derby on the weekend. I was going to go say hi but didn't end up doing so. I thought it was good to see her at another match and she is definately no flog. Singing and arms up from when I looked in her direction.

165582wanderersfans.jpg

Wasn't this a night to remember! Look at the passion on those faces, this was our first hit out with rival active support and the SU boys weren't the happiest to see us. After they were kicked out we spent the rest of the match getting heckled and having **** thrown at us by a group that stood behind us without any help from security of Police who seemed intent on antagonising the situation.

Its funny to think this photo ended up being plastered all over the news as an example of us as hooligans, so it was probably my first taste of RBB fame lol. 

Absolutely love this photo, also reminds me of a lot of the cool people I have met through here and how much more crazy the missus is about the club now (she is in shot doing a turner, I caught her on the last Heart telecast singing her guts out)

Oh and can't wait to rock my custom RBB beanie again hehe, there is far too much awesome in this picture to describe 

She was definitely a stand out memory from that Heart trip... Watching her identify flogs, then go and stand next to them and chant her guts out, was sensational... She shamed so many, into being active that night... It was magnificent… :clapping:

Thought I would start a thread to promote the good news stories that do the rounds about our beloved club (as its not all bad)… Let me start with:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/?videoid=02834c0f-f7cc-429e-a2b0-764fe764ace0&src=v5:pause:twitter:uuids&from=sharepermalink-twitter

C'mon you Wanderers!!!

Gavo - that little fella led all the WDWSF chants that day.

he would tell the other little fella's to keep their hands up, and keep singing, and as soon as a chant stopped, he would turn around and ask Kop when the next one was starting.

i remember Kop, sweating like a mother f*cker and trying to find a beer tell him that we needed a rest. the little fella wasn't happy :rofl:

ps - i forgot the 19th minute against Wellington

Edited by Pup

he would tell the other little fella's to keep their hands up, and keep singing, and as soon as a chant stopped, he would turn around and ask Kop when the next one was starting.

i remember Kop, sweating like a mother f*cker and trying to find a beer tell him that we needed a rest. the little fella wasn't happy :rofl:

That's gold... I'm spewing I couldn't make the trip... I do love my boy... :xnod:

That's gold... I'm spewing I couldn't make the trip... I do love my boy... :xnod:

But luckily his grandparents took him for you!!  They love your boy too!!!

CCM Away, those awesome gentlemen who helped my partner who had the seizure, I dont have twitter so can not hash tag it. As peaches already stated we were at the derby and wellington game and chanting my lungs out with her until we had no voices left.

Another moment that sticks out more than anything else was the 19th minute, has there been any other active group shown that level of respect by the other supporters???, getting goosebumps thinking about it now!!!!....

Well, so many great memories. I took a lot of personal satisfaction from CCM away. However, our 1st ever game at Parra Stadium (V Parra FC) holds a place in my heart. It was our 1st ever pre match at the Woolie, 1st ever march and christened Bay 56.

Agreed, awesome night...

Still have my ticket

Meeting Shinji at the airport comes to mind, especially the look on his face when we chanted for him. His smile was priceless.  He said on camera to the TV crew something like, I've only just flown in and they have a chant for me already.  He was stoked!!  So was I.

You're a tease Araucuno. Posting a picture of a ticket and only leaving the first number of the PAX in the picture. 

Victory and Heart just got major let downs. 

(But seriously, how many people went to that Parramatta game? Didn't look like more than 1,000.) 

Edited by JamCal