Home end Bay 55 and 57

Fabz

Will be interesting with the ACL next week, to see if those not participating still buy north end tickets and if those who had a chance to buy active tickets actually are active.

Personally im keen as for this game, I'm normally in the east terrace with family, but being a school night, well, its active for me.

Will be interesting with the ACL next week, to see if those not participating still buy north end tickets and if those who had a chance to buy active tickets actually are active.

Personally im keen as for this game, I'm normally in the east terrace with family, but being a school night, well, its active for me.

It'll be interesting as many will buy Bloc tickets that may not know the ins and outs and words and etc. There will be alot of non RBB people in the RBB for the ACL.

It'll be interesting as many will buy Bloc tickets that may not know the ins and outs and words and etc. There will be alot of non RBB people in the RBB for the ACL.

Good post. I think everyone in the RBB this game will be active with alot of people who are rocking at away games having an opportunity here.

If someone is not rocking at this game then clearly the active part is not getting through to them.

ill raise my hand as a 'non rbb', hardly a secret when i have bay 64 in my profile :)  but id like to think that most of us know the story, whether its through observation at parra or participation at away games.

hoping to see some familiar faces from next week in tokyo!

ill raise my hand as a 'non rbb', hardly a secret when i have bay 64 in my profile :)  but id like to think that most of us know the story, whether its through observation at parra or participation at away games.

hoping to see some familiar faces from next week in tokyo!

tokyo here we come!  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  represents the spped of the bullet train

Hi guys, just wanted to chip in quickly so you know the club is listening. This was a big issue at the back end of last season and a big reason why the allocated bays for membership was introduced.

If they are not familiar faces then I would be surprised if they have a 55/57 membership. More likely to have a membership for some of the empty bays on the edges.

I will speak with Big Dukes and the guys before next Sunday to see how the club can help to improve this.

Hey Shaun, thanks for some acknowledgment.

The real issue remains with the RBB being 4 bays empty every week, and it's definitely not the outer bays squeezing in the middle bays because there are empty seats in there too. We need some system put back in place to fill the RBB up to the brim week in week out like we had in the first season and let it keep growing. Not sure if you can monitor how many members turn up to a game but clearly a lot with RBB memberships don't bother turning up and in turn stunting the growth of the RBB.

A delicate subject I know but something that needs to be fixed by next season.

Edited by Delije

Hi guys, just wanted to chip in quickly so you know the club is listening. This was a big issue at the back end of last season and a big reason why the allocated bays for membership was introduced.

If they are not familiar faces then I would be surprised if they have a 55/57 membership. More likely to have a membership for some of the empty bays on the edges.

I will speak with Big Dukes and the guys before next Sunday to see how the club can help to improve this.

Hi Shaun, great to know that the Club is listening and looking at ways to improve this, much appreciated.

IMHO, and with all due respect, the issue is caused by a combination of non active supporters in RBB bays, and the number of seats that remain unsold in the RBB bays.

Do we prefer someone with a membership for the "empty bays on the edges" who is willing to chant for 90 minutes to squeeze into 55/57 to fill up the empty spots, or do we prefer someone who has a 55/57 membership to be in 55/57 and wouldn't participate?

I know that this has to be balanced delicately, but I think this is the question that we have to ask ourselves, and has to be resolved before the membership renewals commence.

Edited by homaigo

Yes, thanks for the response, great to know the club is listening to our issues that we are raising and taking them seriously. I just hope that a solution for the empty seats and RBB members not being active are found sooner rather than later.

I know a solution in the short term will be difficult but I hope that this will be sorted out before next season!

Just a question, what's the general sentiment within the active RBB members regarding the 'newbies' that will pop up for the ACL game? I've been mostly reading and not posting too much on here, but this is something that interests me. I'm a black member from bay 69 and I'm bored out of my mind with all the oldies and families around me who barely participate in chants which is somewhat understandable, but I really can't stand the looks I get from everyone when I sing. It's like I'm doing the wrong thing!

As a change, I got RBB tix for the ACL games and I'm bringing a mate with me. I'm one of those that would kill to be let in the bloc as that's where I should be IMHO. I've tried a couple of times to sneak myself in the north during half time of HAL games but to no avail. The only 'active' experience I get is during the marches which is not enough for me.

Long story short, I just wanted to let all the bloc blokes know that some of the newbies on Wednesday will not be mere tourists, but legit fans that have never had the chance to get in. Oh and don't worry, I do know all the chants and choreo, of course. See you all there!

Just a question, what's the general sentiment within the active RBB members regarding the 'newbies' that will pop up for the ACL game? .......

Put the effort into chanting, jumping, clapping, etc that you'd expect the players to put on the pitch 90 minutes. Follow the capos lead and as silly as it may sound, try not to get caught inanimately staring at the game unfolding. If you can manage to do all that, and enjoy yourself regardless of result, I doubt anyone can fault you.

Just a question, what's the general sentiment within the active RBB members regarding the 'newbies' that will pop up for the ACL game? .......

Put the effort into chanting, jumping, clapping, etc that you'd expect the players to put on the pitch 90 minutes. Follow the capos lead and as silly as it may sound, try not to get caught inanimately staring at the game unfolding. If you can manage to do all that, and enjoy yourself regardless of result, I doubt anyone can fault you.

In my view, newbies that never been to an A-League game before, should get tickets other than RBB. Once they seen what RBB does, They will make their own judgement whether they want to be part of RBB or not. In most case everyone want to be in RBB at least once. If we get them into RBB right from the start they have no idea what is going on and may be subjected to abuse and not want to go to the game at all after.

^ Fair points up there boys. I've got no problems with being part of a group and following instructions. I am really excited for the game, I promise to give it my best. I just hope we get a decent turnout and get a good result!

yeh sounds like you'll have no problems at all. In fact I reckon you'll do a better job than a fair percentage of the regular bunch do!

Just a question, what's the general sentiment within the active RBB members regarding the 'newbies' that will pop up for the ACL game? I've been mostly reading and not posting too much on here, but this is something that interests me. I'm a black member from bay 69 and I'm bored out of my mind with all the oldies and families around me who barely participate in chants which is somewhat understandable, but I really can't stand the looks I get from everyone when I sing. It's like I'm doing the wrong thing!

As a change, I got RBB tix for the ACL games and I'm bringing a mate with me. I'm one of those that would kill to be let in the bloc as that's where I should be IMHO. I've tried a couple of times to sneak myself in the north during half time of HAL games but to no avail. The only 'active' experience I get is during the marches which is not enough for me.

Long story short, I just wanted to let all the bloc blokes know that some of the newbies on Wednesday will not be mere tourists, but legit fans that have never had the chance to get in. Oh and don't worry, I do know all the chants and choreo, of course. See you all there!

As long as you go hard the 90+mins, nobody will bat an eye lid. Go to either 55 or 57, somwehere in the middle. Pick up a flag or a two stick and give it your best. Have fun and that's that.

and if there are chants you don't know...just pretend. You'll get it a few mins into the chant.

Acceptable only for first few outings of course. Once ones a regular you must take an active role in learning all chants.

I've been in active areas overseas and quickly picked up chants after the first couple of rotations. I just made sure I followed choreo's and that, the words flow quickly thereafter.

As long as you go hard the 90+mins, nobody will bat an eye lid. Go to either 55 or 57, somwehere in the middle. Pick up a flag or a two stick and give it your best. Have fun and that's that.

and if there are chants you don't know...just pretend. You'll get it a few mins into the chant.

Thanks for that. Regarding the allocated seating, do you guys prefer to stick to your bays/seats or is it every man for himself? Ive got bay 56 I think but don't mind moving a few seats to the side if that's the general practice. In fact, I don't give a flap where I am as long as we're having a ball.

Edited by theguest7

7 of us will be in the RBB who don't have RBB membershis. That don't mean anything...5 of us are ROCKING in the heart of the RBB away games..Melbourne Adelaide trips included..1 who is just mesmerized of the Wanderers and has only started coming to the home games, he sings at home and work all day every day our songs and the other one a Inter supporter direct from Italy who is part of the Curva Nord who I can't wait to show off what we have! He has come to a bunch of home games and posts Western Sydney Wanderers songs on his Facebook statuses since he has arrived in Australia 3 months ago.

We are all pumped! ;)

From someone who's pretty much watched I would say 70% of A-league since inception I can safely say that any active support (and support) generally lasted at a peak period of the first 2-3 seasons and started to waver after that.

Melbourne Boys use to get massive stand to stand chants in season 1 and moved to Eitihad and has some massive crowds. Cove starting turn on each other towards end of season 2. Jets and Mariners had a peak in season 3.

To be honest the only active area that has improved is the Roar and probably due their form more than anything else and the fact they started so small.

So perhaps it's somewhat human behavior... I'd be inclined to say next season I doubt we will be selling 16K plus memberships before the season starts. A big call I know but of course some of the 'fad' will die off. Yes there is a higher proportion of die hards than most other clubs and you will find this is predominately in Active areas where support wavers to go nuts due to the instantgram crews

I don't know what the answer is but I've just observed it before. The RBB is well orgainsed, constantly evolving with chants and has good relationship with WSW staff. Hopefully they have more input around the say around the RBB ticketing next year and also more power to get the message across. RBB is an active area. 

Better to have 2 bays of nutcases going off then 5 bays filled with half of those giving half arsed efforts.

From the sidelines good luck :-) My son and we be going nuts at the derby because it's one of the few chances to sit with the inspirational RBB forum contributors.

I’ve been reading on these forums for two years and this is the first post I’ve read that couldn’t be more factual. My mates and I have been in the rbb since day 1. As time gone by they just ain’t active anymore because the fad has worn off. Nowadays they will sing for 2 mins, refused to put their arms up or do call to arms because their drinks might spill. They’re more interested in going to the bar and the birds in the next row then being active. I’ve tried encouraging them to be active but I just get labelled as lame. We’re usually at the mid-back of 55 and the atmosphere is a depressingly void at times. I go hard as I can but I seriously doubt if I cant convince my own mates then a random would.

Srsen I’ve seen many times of you trying to get 55 and I love it. Just sorry that no one listens.

RBB membership must not be the cheapest membership if the club wants the active end to be active.

South end GA should be cheaper than North end next season.

This will remove the incentive for members to buy an RBB membership just because it was cheap but I don't think it is enough! Something needs to be done to ensure that future members of the RBB know what is expected of them!

From someone who's pretty much watched I would say 70% of A-league since inception I can safely say that any active support (and support) generally lasted at a peak period of the first 2-3 seasons and started to waver after that.

Melbourne Boys use to get massive stand to stand chants in season 1 and moved to Eitihad and has some massive crowds. Cove starting turn on each other towards end of season 2. Jets and Mariners had a peak in season 3.

To be honest the only active area that has improved is the Roar and probably due their form more than anything else and the fact they started so small.

So perhaps it's somewhat human behavior... I'd be inclined to say next season I doubt we will be selling 16K plus memberships before the season starts. A big call I know but of course some of the 'fad' will die off. Yes there is a higher proportion of die hards than most other clubs and you will find this is predominately in Active areas where support wavers to go nuts due to the instantgram crews

I don't know what the answer is but I've just observed it before. The RBB is well orgainsed, constantly evolving with chants and has good relationship with WSW staff. Hopefully they have more input around the say around the RBB ticketing next year and also more power to get the message across. RBB is an active area. 

Better to have 2 bays of nutcases going off then 5 bays filled with half of those giving half arsed efforts.

From the sidelines good luck :-) My son and we be going nuts at the derby because it's one of the few chances to sit with the inspirational RBB forum contributors.

I’ve been reading on these forums for two years and this is the first post I’ve read that couldn’t be more factual. My mates and I have been in the rbb since day 1. As time gone by they just ain’t active anymore because the fad has worn off. Nowadays they will sing for 2 mins, refused to put their arms up or do call to arms because their drinks might spill. They’re more interested in going to the bar and the birds in the next row then being active. I’ve tried encouraging them to be active but I just get labelled as lame. We’re usually at the mid-back of 55 and the atmosphere is a depressingly void at times. I go hard as I can but I seriously doubt if I cant convince my own mates then a random would.

Srsen I’ve seen many times of you trying to get 55 and I love it. Just sorry that no one listens.

pfft, if you cant perv, drink, sing and put your hands up all at the same time you belong in the cove.:P