Politics Thread 3: With A Vengeance

mack

I have created this thread in the hopes we are able to discuss and enlighten one another in relation to Politics.

Please do not use this thread to personally attack or insult others of differing opinions. 

Religion is not politics.

Thanks

Mack.

Anyway yes john pilger touched on few things like the us using fascist in kiev to create instability libya wanting to set up an oil bourse with an african currency backed by gold and just generally attaching the many deaths to there own policies not the abilities of terrorists.

I did not see any religious attack it would help if a discreet explanation was given at times to know what line has been crossed.

I assume it was the fact it had reached 184 pages??

So zip retirees spontaneously and then mack starts a new thread I suspect something happened.

we were in the middle of something.

I did not see any religious attack it would help if a discreet explanation was given at times to know what line has been crossed.

So zip retirees spontaneously and then mack starts a new thread I suspect something happened.

This is turning into the conspiracy theory thread

This is turning into the conspiracy theory thread

I was quoting john pilger before and he has gone down that track and im keen to know what people make of a third world bank that brics setup and why everyone except us jumped on board.

Guest mickisnot

We used have a poster called 'Zola' before here pys and he was heavy on free speech.

Feel free to elaborate and contextualise on your position. You're in good company here.

We used have a poster called 'Zola' before here pys and he was heavy on free speech.

Feel free to elaborate and contextualise on your position. You're in good company here.

I remember zola he once said he was racist and then he said something like he would not qualify that to anyone or something along those lines.

I dont believe there can ever be freedom of speech and I dont believe there can be tolerance.

I have created this thread in the hopes we are able to discuss and enlighten one another in relation to Politics.

Please do not use this thread to personally attack or insult others of differing opinions. 

Religion is not politics.

Thanks

Mack.

I've read a while back that "only by engaging with what is other than ourselves is it possible to open up new ways of thinking". I am assuming that what you are suggesting is debate in this kind of spirit.

However, politics and politicians are the product of cultures informed by religious philosophies and beliefs. This is not only true for nations who claim to stand on the shoulders of various flavours of God, but also the so called secular states. Aren't our parliamentarians doing the Lord's prayer thing before they start abusing each other?

I don't want to dash your hopes, but this entanglement of politics and religions will sooner or later emerge, either in disguised form, or openly expressed, in debate. Just throw the word "abortion" into a room (or a forum) and see what happens. You may as well close this thread now to prevent the next flare up. Besides, a politics thread without Zip is like the Palmer United Party without Clive Palmer.

Ahhhh ......so you still read what goes on here, FCB?

Good to hear your "voice" here again!

Re: the "flare ups".... they've usually been resolved amicably enough, if individuals have been prepared to give a bit of ground, and have chosen to stick around, which of course not all have done.  

To me, the very best thing about the Politics Thread has been ultimately "befriending" people whose views I would once have had no tolerance for.

This thread has been unique among the other threads (with one or two close behind)  in terms of people opening up and showing something deeper about themselves.

Re  Zip's withdrawal .... I very much hope it won't be permanent. It will be a lot less colourful and interesting here if it is, in IMHO.

PS I agree with the comment on religion. I think we've proven the value of the Politics Thread to the forums. Religion is intertwined with politics at every level...it's unavoidable in World Politics especially at the present moment. Although it probably masks other factors.

PPS I hope someone more knowledgeable about world politics then me does want to offer opinions about the John Pilger article Pys posted last night. Controversial in the extreme...very worth reading... and very thought provoking.

PPPS Thanks for the thread name change, Mack!    ;)

:)

Guest mickisnot

Gosh, out of reception for a few days and things have changed. I for one love club pol because there's too many people in my everyday world that run from political discussions or simply do not have an opinion! Long live Club Pol!

Just quietly.

You and Wendy are alright.

Gosh, out of reception for a few days and things have changed. I for one love club pol because there's too many people in my everyday world that run from political discussions or simply do not have an opinion! Long live Club Pol!

Just quietly.

Awww, I knew you had a soft spot...

Club Pol wouldn't be as interesting without you and Zip, there's only a discussion if it's not all agreement!

p

1+8+4 is 12 ÷2 is 2 sixes or 66 one six short of the devils number , mack, seeing calamity saves us all and yet you guys moan about explanations for his actions.

Just quietly.

Awww, I knew you had a soft spot...

Club Pol wouldn't be as interesting without you and Zip, there's only a discussion if it's not all agreement!

I agree with this.