International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

6 hours ago, mack said:

You don't recognise it was a joke, playing into her reputation as a man hating ultra-feminist kill all men figure? It didn't get a reaction like it was a comedy club but the audience seemed to get it was a joke.

Not to mention the alternative is she actually feels resentful of having to feed her child. Which is insane.

She presents a strong case for abortion. 

The sooner her life is aborted and her son gets a chance in life the better.

I hope you can see the funny side of that.

16 minutes ago, thefairy said:

echo chamber much.

what joke? that's funny to you?

the whiteknight is strong with this one.

She took and exaggerated position  to show the level of abuse she (and other prominent feminists) receive (which is common for comedic effect) 

Interstingly the same people who bang on about Politcal Correctness gone mad and protection of free speech .... are the same people losing their **** over this, which was also her intention 

On 10/10/2018 at 12:34 AM, wendybr said:

This is interesting isn't it.

I would class myself amongst these people.

Where do these people go?

Some like Mark Latham head Right.

Quite a few of the main protagonists on the old Politics Thread said they had HAD been on the left - but had taken a hard turn to the Right when PC etcetera became unbearable.

This shift seems to be happening..

I just couldn't.

The mind set...you said world view...is just too different.

But it's hard relating to much of what is going on the far left side, at the moment.

And I celebrate those on the Left who are trying to wake up others to what's happening...like Jonathan Pie eg in this clip - recently posted...but worth watching.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+Jonathan+Pie+PC&&view=detail&mid=64E9C6A78F4E5EE2F5B464E9C6A78F4E5EE2F5B4&&FORM=VRDGAR

or this

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+Jonathan+oppressionn+obsession&&view=detail&mid=48387381DC445F5BA62648387381DC445F5BA626&&FORM=VRDGAR

How did PC become unbearable? 

The whole “it’s PC gone mad thing”, has been an effective means by right wing media to ridicule and confuse the arguement.

If you substitute it for “a sometimes clumsy attempt to not be an arsehole to people, gone mad”, which it basically is.

Most examples of PC gone mad are either false, taken out of context or confusing Occupational Health and Safety with Political Correctness 

What gets to me is that progressives have let them do it and now everyone goes along with it.

I

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

She took and exaggerated position  to show the level of abuse she (and other prominent feminists) receive (which is common for comedic effect) 

Interstingly the same people who bang on about Politcal Correctness gone mad and protection of free speech .... are the same people losing their **** over this, which was also her intention 

but how is it helping her cause? the only people who would like her entire "kill all men" thing would be extrmeist feminists and anyone else will just be pushed away because of that which does not help feminism at all, also i never said she should be banned from talking but its obvious that the double standard exists

if someone created a twitter account here which says kill all women for example and all the vile stuff she says but about women instead, that account would be banned so fast, free speech should work the same for everyone tbh

22 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

but how is it helping her cause? the only people who would like her entire "kill all men" thing would be extrmeist feminists and anyone else will just be pushed away because of that which does not help feminism at all, also i never said she should be banned from talking but its obvious that the double standard exists

if someone created a twitter account here which says kill all women for example and all the vile stuff she says but about women instead, that account would be banned so fast, free speech should work the same for everyone tbh

In her own words

“It's true I do retaliate. There are some nice little Twitter collages out there collating tweets where I say 'kill all men' and 'let's send all men to the bottom of the sea' etc.

"The reason I do that is to demonstrate to other women who have traditionally been silenced by this form of abuse - that we don't actually have to cop it, that we can fight back, we can be humorous about it, we can be funny. 

“When I tweet 'kill all men' obviously I am having a joke at the expense of the fact that feminists are called man haters who want to see an eradication of the male species. OBVIOUSLY that's a joke. 

“When I tweet about firing all men into the sun with a cannon, that is clearly a joke. Now people will say then "well why do you complain about jokes about domestic violence and jokes about ****?”

“I mean I would hope that the distinction there is clear but if I need to spell it out it's because no groups of women are actually making a practice of killing men. No groups of women are making a practice of firing all men into the sun with a cannon. But, we do live in a country where one woman is killed every week by her partner or ex-partner and also a country where one in five girls over the age of 15 are subjected to sexual violence in their lifetime. These things are actually happening. These things are being done to women primarily by men. So to me those jokes are completely different.”

10 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Try this out, gives you your place on the economic-left-right x-axis and authoritarian-libertarian y axis political compass thingy:

http://thebuckingjenny.blogspot.com/2012/05/political-compass.html

Some of the questions are a bit leading, but hey, it's a bit of fun. I knew where I'd end up:

image.png.f52d3d25ddefc3c1d144a9e3dadc03bb.png

Before starting, I thought I would be further right and wondered if I would be above the line. As I answered the questions I wondered a bit more ..........

I don't know how to post a picture of my graph. But the numbers are:

Left/right 0.0

Top/bottom -0.67

16 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

In her own words

“It's true I do retaliate. There are some nice little Twitter collages out there collating tweets where I say 'kill all men' and 'let's send all men to the bottom of the sea' etc.

"The reason I do that is to demonstrate to other women who have traditionally been silenced by this form of abuse - that we don't actually have to cop it, that we can fight back, we can be humorous about it, we can be funny. 

“When I tweet 'kill all men' obviously I am having a joke at the expense of the fact that feminists are called man haters who want to see an eradication of the male species. OBVIOUSLY that's a joke. 

“When I tweet about firing all men into the sun with a cannon, that is clearly a joke. Now people will say then "well why do you complain about jokes about domestic violence and jokes about ****?”

“I mean I would hope that the distinction there is clear but if I need to spell it out it's because no groups of women are actually making a practice of killing men. No groups of women are making a practice of firing all men into the sun with a cannon. But, we do live in a country where one woman is killed every week by her partner or ex-partner and also a country where one in five girls over the age of 15 are subjected to sexual violence in their lifetime. These things are actually happening. These things are being done to women primarily by men. So to me those jokes are completely different.”

I wonder if she's seen any of the tv ads showing boys saying much much much less provocative things in seemingly innocent circumstances and those innocent comments being pointed out as the start of future domestic violence?

She needs to pull her head in and rethink how she wants to get her message out there. 

Do I win a prize for leftie of the year?

Economic Left/Right: -7.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36

Im over with the other members of the People’s republic 

How did I become the Clementine Ford spokesperson on here? 

Actually I think my score answers that 

Edited by StringerBellend
2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I wonder if she's seen any of the tv ads showing boys saying much much much less provocative things in seemingly innocent circumstances and those innocent comments being pointed out as the start of future domestic violence?

She needs to pull her head in and rethink how she wants to get her message out there. 

honestly not going into an argument about the comedy of all killing men, there are plenty of feminists who can get their point out without having to say kill all men and funnily enough(well as funny as the kill all men jokes) feminists who dont say kill all men get a lot less hate......i wonder why

i was also trying to find someone who found the entire kill all men funny......i am struggling to find anyone

Your reaction is part of it.

Saying the kind of stuff she does is taking the piss out of the idea that being a pinko lefty feminist whatever is all about hating men to such extremes.

Having people take her seriously would be a bonus I would imagine.

All of which comments on the repeated idea that all these rabid lefties are taking over the world - an idea which is so far from the truth but is repeated and repeated and repeated, with people using  evidence like pisstaking tweets or whatever.

Edited by marron
7 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Do you find it funny?

42 minutes ago, marron said:

Your reaction is part of it.

Saying the kind of stuff she does is taking the piss out of the idea that being a pinko lefty feminist whatever is all about hating men to such extremes.

Having people take her seriously would be a bonus I would imagine.

All of which comments on the repeated idea that all these rabid lefties are taking over the world - an idea which is so far from the truth but is repeated and repeated and repeated, with people using  evidence like pisstaking tweets or whatever.

not this world but definitely this forum.

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic