The all purpose Videogame Thread

I may be late but does anyone still play destiny on ps4? Not looking for any hate comments. Just a few raid friends to go through a few raids. Cheers.

just something i was looking into, i got a tonne of great ps4 exclusives to get beforehand with persona 5, GT Sport(if they include mount panorama), Horizon, Crash N sane trilogy, the last of us perhaps, uncharted perhaps, nier, bloodborne game of the year edition, nioh maybe, god of war perhaps, spiderman most likely, i know some of them came out on the PC but i mean exclusive as not on the xbox one so still plenty of games before i even actually consider no man's sky but i would only consider it if it was cheap and pretty much what was originally promised, i dont care if i am killing video games my $30 max is unlikely to do anything

But one person saying meh ill pay its only x amount. Means there are 3000000 ppl who would be saying msame thing. It all adds up

Edited by karimu

got Persona 5 today its ******* difficult to find i called 15 shops and only one had a few copies(BIG W richmond if anyone else is looking for it there were 4 copies but i bought one and they were there for a couple of days) its sold out everywhere else, only played a few hours but i am enjoying it

anyone upgrading to the new AMD Ryzen CPU?

the R5 1600 looks like a killer cpu

I'm just trying to keep up to date with the news of this kind of stuff so if/when I eventually upgrade my PC I'm not starting from scratch in terms of knowledge.

The Ryzen and decent AMD GPUs are just throwing in spanners in the works. but good for competitive prices

i played a few minutes of mario kart 8 on the nintendo switch, ******* terrible console but i am considering getting it when i have got a few more playstation 4 games, nintendo needs to do a sega and die in terms of creating consoles and let people who want to play super smash brothers and mario kart and such play it on a real console instead of a $500 toy

i played a few minutes of mario kart 8 on the nintendo switch, ******* terrible console but i am considering getting it when i have got a few more playstation 4 games, nintendo needs to do a sega and die in terms of creating consoles and let people who want to play super smash brothers and mario kart and such play it on a real console instead of a $500 toy

We're not in a 3-console market anymore. More so now that tablet/phone gaming is quite popular. Especially among casual gamers.

2 consoles, PC and tablet/phone is more than enough. Imagine Mario Kart on a phone via internet with 8-player matches. Nintendo... do it.

We're not in a 3-console market anymore. More so now that tablet/phone gaming is quite popular. Especially among casual gamers.

2 consoles, PC and tablet/phone is more than enough. Imagine Mario Kart on a phone via internet with 8-player matches. Nintendo... do it.

but then i might have to be one of those kinds of people who plays games on phone/tablet :P i must admit i am considering getting a 3ds just because with work it usually takes around 1 and a half hours to 2 to travel(each way) so investing in something i can play on the train would be helpful

Replaying LA Noire, such a great game. Though it feels more like an interactive detective TV show.

I played that for the first time within the last year. Started off ok...but I got annoyed by it after a while.

Got very repetitive. There's the suspect..oh look he's running away again.

Also the voice acting was all over the place. Either the audio quality was very inconsistent (sometimes sounded like they recorded it in a bathroom) or the performance itself was random af. Why is he SHOUTING during one of his questions for some reason?

"Oh...my mistake"

lol

It had potential, but it went twice as long as it should have imo.

I'm not complaining too much, I paid like $5 for it on a Steam Sale years ago.

There's actually a good reason why Phelps seems to shout randomly during interrogations. The options in the game when interviewing are truth/doubt/lie, but before release and when they were recording audio it was coax/force/lie. So that's why when you select the doubt option Phelps sometimes yells because originally the option was to "force" the truth out of them.
Man. I'm not a gamer and tend to get bored easy and not end up completing things. But I ******* loved that game. It was like a brooding meditation. I did finish it and I agree with Erebus, really for a game it was too repetitive and a bit clunky at times. But I just loved hopping in a car and cruising around that joint listening to Louis Jordan. The level of research they did to recreate LA - down to trolley car timetables - blew my mind. The questioning of suspects, once I realised cole was a dick I just messed with that and it was okay. Haha.

Forgot to add

I took this in to my history extension class to promote discussion about antiquarianism and different modes of communicating ideas about history. And Europa universalis iv as well. :lol:

Edited by marron