(Suggestion) Potential Live Site venues - ACL final 2nd leg

for anyone considering going to Saudi Arabia:

Saudi Arabia overall

• We advise you to reconsider your need to travel to Saudi Arabia due to the threat of terrorist attack. Terrorist groups continue to target the country and Saudi authorities continue to detain and prosecute suspected terrorists.
  • The annual death toll on Saudi roads is extremely high. An average of 19 people die on Saudi roads each day, one of the highest rates in the world.
  • Piracy occurs in the southern Red Sea and Gulf of Aden. We strongly advise Australians to maintain a high level of vigilance and to exercise extreme caution when anywhere near these waters.

I'll be staying put. Be interested to see if any ex-pats are over there

400 posts.

Edited by essdub

(I'm not going), but Saudi Arabia isn't all that dangerous.....Emerites and etihad both fly there, almost 0 poverty- just mind your own business and you'll be fine.

This is correct, If you stay in the right places you'll be fine. Saudi Arabia is much safer and less volatile then other countries in the region. I wish I was going to be honest.

(I'm not going), but Saudi Arabia isn't all that dangerous.....Emerites and etihad both fly there, almost 0 poverty- just mind your own business and you'll be fine.

So as a female I should be fine there?

Sweet! 

And how about if I bring along some Wanderers-supporting friends of mine who are gay, or my other friends, who one half is Jewish?

I'm pretty sure it IS  "all that dangerous"  -  but perhaps if you're "male", "straight", "not Jewish", "never been to Israel" - the risk is that tad lower....

Sweet!

And how about if I bring along some Wanderers-supporting friends of mine who are ***, or my other friends, who one half is Jewish?

I'm pretty sure it IS "all that dangerous" - but perhaps if you're "male", "straight", "not Jewish", "never been to Israel" - the risk is that tad lower....

Of course, but comparative to the rest of the region it is very stable. If you stick to the rules, you'll be fine.

Mexico is 'safe' if you look at it that way.

Edited by dwk97

Sweet! 

And how about if I bring along some Wanderers-supporting friends of mine who are ***, or my other friends, who one half is Jewish?

I'm pretty sure it IS  "all that dangerous"  -  but perhaps if you're "male", "straight", "not Jewish", "never been to Israel" - the risk is that tad lower....

As a woman if you respect local customs and stay in the right places it is safe, that being said if you fit into a group/category whom are not welcome in the kingdom perhaps you shouldn't go.   

But lets not turn this thread into a political sh*t storm 

I'd prefer a live site in Parra, but failing that Marconi seems like a good choice.

Are they allowed to let people in that early in the morning though? Usually there is no admittance at pubs and clubs after a certain time. I don't want to get there at 330am and not be welcomed in.

Live site in Parramatta is soooo good on so many levels:

- Yep, enough people will come to make it worthwhile.

- It will be yet another event to further unite us all.

And think of what it will say about us, the supporters, and what it will do for the further promotion of football.

To be honest FFA & Foxtel should fund the whole thing given the amount of media attention it will generate.

[assuming nobody lights a flare, in which case, we'll be on the front pages as well]

Also, it can't be that expensive in the scheme of things to organise.

Some years ago, West Ham played Crystal Palace in a Div2 (Championship) play off.

The game wasn't on TV, but a West Ham fan underwrote the cost (think it was about $5-$10k).

And Setanta showed it in a few closed circuit venues.

Wonderful night

I'd prefer a live site in Parra, but failing that Marconi seems like a good choice.

Are they allowed to let people in that early in the morning though? Usually there is no admittance at pubs and clubs after a certain time. I don't want to get there at 330am and not be welcomed in.

From what I understand, Marconi had a virtual 24 hour license during the World Cup & rarely closed.

Lockouts only apply in areas of the City & Cross.

Regarding TV broadcast: where ever the bulk decides to go that's where we'll be.

Regarding Saudi: friends if mine used to work there. She felt the restrictions. Couldn't drive a car, depended on her husband. When she wanted to literally let her hair down out in the open they headed out of town into the desert. If they really wanted to relax they went to Oman. No doubt if you are sunni and follow the law you are fine. God help you if you happen to voice a different opinion, or are gay.