ALCOHOL!

Geez you guys are serious alcohol connoisseurs.

Should relabel this thread 'Rocket Science'.

I was going to come in here and say the Cooper's Sparkling Ale was more my liking than their Pale but after reading the above dozen or so posts I think I'll keep my feeble observations to myself.

In vino veritas frater WDWSF...or in other words...

We're just a bunch of pissheads spinning crap about booze

Guest ZipGunBop

I was going to come in here and say the Cooper's Sparkling Ale was more my liking than their Pale but after reading the above dozen or so posts I think I'll keep my feeble observations to myself.

Maximus crappus talkta grogis

For your erudition and education, the modern word for a gathering of academics to exchange ideas, symposium, is derived from the ancient Attic Greek word 'symposion', which was effectively a gathering of men who would get a few wines into them, spin anything from gossip to Socratic philosophy, and play a game called 'kottobos' where they would flick the wine dregs out of their cups at a target.

Now if that doesn't sound like a bunch of us yammering on about all kind of BS with booze as the social lubricant, followed by a beer shower, then I'll give up drinking for a whole ***** day.

For your erudition and education, the modern word for a gathering of academics to exchange ideas, symposium, is derived from the ancient Attic Greek word 'symposion', which was effectively a gathering of men who would get a few wines into them, spin anything from gossip to Socratic philosophy, and play a game called 'kottobos' where they would flick the wine dregs out of their cups at a target.

Now if that doesn't sound like a bunch of us yammering on about all kind of BS with booze as the social lubricant, followed by a beer shower, then I'll give up drinking for a whole ***** day.

You neglected to mention the hetaerae ;)

I've just came home from a shopping spree, I purchased the last season of Breaking bad on DVD, a CD of Bastille and a six pack of James Squire nine tales amber ale.
I've got today and tomorrow off work so plan on having a relaxing night.

I'm not really a cocktail or shot glass kind of guy but one night we had a night where a barman was giving us free drinks so we tried a few flame lit drinks, salt, lemon the usual...
One that had me laughing was the called "The cement mixer" 

One shot of Baileys and one shot of lime juice
Hold one shot of bailey's in your mouth, and take one shot of lime juice. Mix rapidly in mouth by shaking head vigorously, then consume.

I've just came home from a shopping spree, I purchased the last season of Breaking bad on DVD, a CD of Bastille and a six pack of James Squire nine tales amber ale.

I've got today and tomorrow off work so plan on having a relaxing night.

I'm not really a cocktail or shot glass kind of guy but one night we had a night where a barman was giving us free drinks so we tried a few flame lit drinks, salt, lemon the usual...

One that had me laughing was the called "The cement mixer" 

One shot of Baileys and one shot of lime juice

Hold one shot of bailey's in your mouth, and take one shot of lime juice. Mix rapidly in mouth by shaking head vigorously, then consume.

That sounds woeful in all honesty :rofl:

You're doing well on the six pack over today and tomorrow though.

That sounds like a sneaky pub lunch to me :ninja:

Speaking of James Squire: Has anyone else tried the "Hop Thief" (apparently an "American Ale")????

Have tried it in a  couple of pubs, one in the city, the other in the Hunter Valley. Can't find it in a bottlo anywhere in the west (if anyone has seen it, please let me know).

Delicious. Full of hops (hence the name). You KNOW that you're drinking it, nothing light about the taste, at all.

Damn, I'm thirsty.

Guest ZipGunBop

Cheers Carns.

I want to know who selects these "selected bars"?? And why wasn't the Blue Cattle Dog in St Clair given a run?!? :ninja:

haha, thats a great pub. some of my favourite stabbings occured there :P

*Alleged.

Used to drink there. Take my business to the Collo these days.

Cheers Carns.

I want to know who selects these "selected bars"?? And why wasn't the Blue Cattle Dog in St Clair given a run?!? :ninja:

*Alleged.

Colyton Hotel?

Guest ZipGunBop

Cheers Carns.

*Alleged.

Colyton Hotel?

Correct a mundo

It's known as "the Collo" round these here parts.

Cheers Carns.

*Alleged.

Colyton Hotel?

Correct a mundo

It's known as "the Collo" round these here parts.

That's what I thought...haven't been in there for ten or more years. Had a strange cross of beer barn, hoey-moey and workers pub all in one. Still a Dan's outlet right?

Yeah they did the bar/bistro up a few years ago now. You wouldn't recognise it. The place next door, the bottle shop used to be called "Grog n Flicks" back in the day.

Get drunk, buy more beer, rent VHS. Solid.

That was when I used to sometimes drop in. Always seemed a little funny that within stumbling distance of the Collo there was (and I guess still is) the Life Education Centre.

Guest ZipGunBop

Yeah they did the bar/bistro up a few years ago now. You wouldn't recognise it. The place next door, the bottle shop used to be called "Grog n Flicks" back in the day.

Get drunk, buy more beer, rent VHS. Solid.

That was when I used to sometimes drop in. Always seemed a little funny that within stumbling distance of the Collo there was (and I guess still is) the Life Education Centre.

Well, life education Westie style.

Collo, or Colo, depending on what part of the 2759/2760 you're from, is a solid pub. Great food, decent selection of beers (from memory, it's been about 2 years since I've been there)- but is a bit pricey. 

Living about an 8 minute walk/45 minute crawl from the Blue Cattle Dog has pretty much made it my go to. Has many, many downsides, but it's close *****.

supporters. If you can type, it means your hands are down, and you aren't drinking.

currently drinking three oaks cider - apple cider with cinnamon and vanilla.

its quite nice, but the wierd thing is - there's no aftertaste, like, once you've swallowed it, the taste is gone completely.

..... That's what she said.

Or

..... You still talking about the cider??

Or

...... That's what she said.....

Just had dinner and am enjoying a bottle of Little Creatures Pale Ale. Aussie beer that you'd bet your life was American if you didn't know any better. I'm about to sit down and make an excruciating run through a few more episodes of Falling Skies season one. Why?? Ah well at least I have a few more bottles to self medicate.