ALCOHOL!

Actually it was probably Southwark Bitter...commonly known as "Green death".....

Must say I miss Southwark...it wasn't my very first beer but close to it. Unlike West End you could get it reasonably easily here in NSW in the 80s, and was certainly superior to more expensive or popular beers than the likes of KB, Crown Lager, VB.

Was Fosters ever any good? For some reason it was our national beer and internationally loved, but I've never come across a Fosters,

I'm only 20 so if it was big in the 90s or early 2000s then I wouldn't know much about it, all I know is that it was the Australian beer known around the world

IMHO was always horrible.

Was consumed more overseas than here.

Thing you have to understand is at the time there was two tycoons investing absurd amounts of money into advertising and Fosters probably won out in that regard. You had Alan Bond vs ......mmm need an oldie here to confirm, but I'd say a bloke called Elliot. Anyway, it was a beer war and you couldn't watch TV without seeing a Fosters commercial from memory.

Sorry to get away from the Fosters debate (it's been **** for as long as I remember)

A couple of my mates took me out for a belated birthday dinner at the Bavarian in Parra tonight (couldn't make it to Newie). Had a couple of the dark ales (my new favourite beers).

After dinner they all chipped in for a "metre shot" for me to "celebrate".

Six shots.

From memory.

Sour apple

Butterscotch

Peach

Peppermint

Sweet apple

Chili

Nailed it. The chili stays with you for a little bit

Disappointed that they didn't get me a friesengeist (BAY 55 REPRESENT!!!!)

Yeah... I'm drunk. What of it?

Sorry to get away from the Fosters debate (it's been **** for as long as I remember)

A couple of my mates took me out for a belated birthday dinner at the Bavarian in Parra tonight (couldn't make it to Newie). Had a couple of the dark ales (my new favourite beers).

After dinner they all chipped in for a "metre shot" for me to "celebrate".

Six shots.

From memory.

Sour apple

Butterscotch

Peach

Peppermint

Sweet apple

Chili

Nailed it. The chili stays with you for a little bit

Disappointed that they didn't get me a friesengeist (BAY 55 REPRESENT!!!!)

Yeah... I'm drunk. What of it?

If you can remember what you drank, then your not drunk enough

New favourite drink..captain morgan rum :xnod:

I met a guy once who tried to convince me the original captain Morgan was his grandfather. Ahmed Morgan, if you are reading fhis, i looked it up, you are full of ****.

I think maybe one too many Morgan's for him that night

INB4 Manfred writes an ode to every bier in the joint. :xnod:

But yes, the Dunkel is a nice drop.

Unless it's Kozel Dunkel. Yuckh!!

Had my first Trappist beer about 6 months ago and didn't think much of it at all. It was Chimay Blue. Kinda like a cross between beer and wine. Maybe I'm missing something. Any thoughts from seasoned Trappist drinkers?

Edited by jocosmic

Had my first Trappist beer about 6 months ago and didn't think much of it at all. It was Chimay Blue. Kinda like a cross between beer and wine. Maybe I'm missing something. Any thoughts from seasoned Trappist drinkers?

You, sir, ought never be allowed to drink beer again. :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm planning to make a Chimay clone next weekend., if that gives you further insight into my position on you outrageous statement.

I'll be polite, though, and suggest you try it again. And again. And again. Until your obviously defective tastebuds get it right.

is Jack Daniels Jack and coke any good?

Out of all the spirits that are mixed with coke (bourbon, rum, scotch), JD is my fave

thanks, i might try it i had a friend who the only alcohol he could drink was JD so he seemed to like it

its the poor mans jameson :P

i am poor......also what is jameson? :P

Out of all the spirits that are mixed with coke (bourbon, rum, scotch), JD is my fave

thanks, i might try it i had a friend who the only alcohol he could drink was JD so he seemed to like it

irish whiskey.  

and its goooooooooooooooddd :)

irish whiskey.  

and its goooooooooooooooddd :)

might try it one day, i dont want to drink too much but nothing wrong with the occasional drink

I don't mind it, but not my first choice.. LaTrappe Blond is my prefered drop..

and if you want something a bit heavier the La Trappe Qradrupel (10%)..

Just looking thru my beer bottle collection and I would say one of the nicest beers I've tried is something called 3 Monts. Anybody tried this.?

Amotos in Leichardt had a beer tasting day a couple of years back and we tried it there and grabbed a few - man I was smashed at the end of that day...

I think Chimay was up around the 10% mark as well. I'll give La Trappe Blonde a whirl. Have seen it but never thought of reaching for it. No I haven't heard of 3 Monts. Is it also a Trappist? Despite my experience with Trappist I would like to try Westvleteran 12. Just to see what the hype is.