Police/Security Issues & Restrictions

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/western-sydney-wanderers-and-nsw-police-working-through-red-and-black-bloc-restrictions-20150924-gjufbj.html

Western Sydney Wanderers and NSW Police working through Red and Black Bloc restrictions

The management of the Western Sydney Wanderers and the Parramatta police are understood to be working their way through a series of tough restrictions on the club's fanatical army of supporters known throughout the A-League as the Red and Black Bloc.

With less than a fortnight before the A-League kicks off, the Wanderers' management refused to comment on the nature of the restrictions the police intend to impose on the Bloc when Fairfax Media contacted them on Thursday. However, it's understood a document tabled to the club's front office by the Parramatta local area command after a meeting between the two organisations in late July was aimed to prevent what the police viewed as an unruly element in the Red and Black Bloc from creating trouble.

The long list of tough restrictions the police intend to enforce when the Wanderers kick off their 2015-16 season on October 8 against Brisbane Roar include:

• Banning the traditional march by the RBB through the Parramatta CBD to Pirtek Stadium; 
  • The RBB won't be allowed to display any banners that are considered to be provocative; 
  • There will be a zero tolerance for swearing; 
  • RBB supporters will be ordered to remain in their seats and to not 'compress' [stand shoulder-to-shoulder and jump and clap their hands above their heads ] when they chant; 
  • Only one person, designated by the club, will be allowed to take a megaphone into the stadium; Flares will not be tolerated. The police intend to ensure the rules are followed.

The RBB generates an incredible atmosphere at A-League games through their chanting and singing. There's even a school of thought that suggests the group ought to be considered a triumph of sorts because members of the various ethnic groups which make up Sydney's multi-cultural western suburbs have united as one to join the RBB and support the Wanderers.

However, there has also been numerous complaints made about incidents that have involved some members of the group and the media has publicised the clashes they have had with the police over the years.

During last Anzac Day's match  against Perth, RBB supporters walked out of Pirtek Stadium at halftime in protest after pepper spray was allegedly used by police in response to a flare being set off. There were reports police were injured in the violence.

The confrontation continued outside with the supporters infuriated by what they believed was an overreaction by police. There was a newspaper report published in early 2014 which intimated while the majority of RBB fans were acknowledged as being well behaved and good supporters, there was said to be a hardcore element who police were concerned could potentially lead to criminal behaviour.

Police made it clear at the time they would not allow the formation of the old English football's "firms" a group of hooligans who fight like-minded supporters from rival clubs. It is understood at the time police had gone to a lot of trouble to identify those with a penchant for creating trouble.

On the other hand the RBB has been widely applauded for doing socially minded exercises, such as helping to raise funds for the Blue Mountains bushfire victims.

"Banning the traditional march by the RBB through the Parramatta CBD to Pirtek Stadium;

The RBB won't be allowed to display any banners that are considered to be provocative;

There will be a zero tolerance for swearing;

RBB supporters will be ordered to remain in their seats and to not 'compress' [stand shoulder-to-shoulder and jump and clap their hands above their heads ] when they chant;

Only one person, designated by the club, will be allowed to take a megaphone into the stadium"

Yep, **** that.

By the time the police is finished with the rbb there will be more atmosphere at a retirement village bingo event.

Looks more and more like we were wound up by the raptor unit against Perth, and they got the ammo they needed.

Away games will be the new home games.

So... they want to ban an organised march and instead have thousands of unruly sokka hooligans walking through the streets in a disorganised way?

These guys are so keen to stamp out ... something ... that they're going to make their own jobs harder.

What a bunch of morons

Not even allowed to chant, lyrics are the least of the problems at this stage.....

So... they want to ban an organised march and instead have thousands of unruly sokka hooligans walking through the streets in a disorganised way?

These guys are so keen to stamp out ... something ... that they're going to make their own jobs harder.

What a bunch of morons

Walk to the stadium from the pub, get to the stadium, do a U-turn and go back to the pub ;)

Not even allowed to chant, lyrics are the least of the problems at this stage.....

What a bunch of morons

Walk to the stadium from the pub, get to the stadium, do a U-turn and go back to the pub ;)

Pub, Beer, Yes!   :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:

I just wanted to come here and post about the A-League season launch video where they heavily promote fan atmosphere and then I read this, LOL

Post it bro. Please.

http://www.a-league.com.au/video/our--beautifulgame-returns-in-october/1341784?utm_source=Exact_Target&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Hyundai_A_League_WWUP_240915&utm_term=101101

^^^^ There you go.... the FFA , FOXTEL, the club, the businesses in Parramatta  need to be at the forefront of this battle.  

With 20,000 of us urging them forward. Not at the game... starting tomorrow!

I just wanted to come here and post about the A-League season launch video where they heavily promote fan atmosphere and then I read this, LOL

Post it bro. Please.
http://www.a-league.com.au/video/our--beautifulgame-returns-in-october/1341784?utm_source=Exact_Target&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Hyundai_A_League_WWUP_240915&utm_term=101101

^^^^ There you go.... the FFA , FOXTEL, the club, the businesses in Parramatta need to be at the forefront of this battle.

Wendy, the FFA have been creating this videos year in year out, but show me the one time they have come out and defended those same people they promote and show off in their videos every year?

FFA is another battle on its own the fans are fighting!

Just saw this, hilarious.

Get the anger guys but let's take a logical approach - how do they actually police that?

I'd almost guarantee none of that gets enforced come week one. Just more posturing by awful police.

Stay strong, you'll be fine.

They will take people out every week, tear up memberships every match day, and gradually clear out Bay 56.

NOW I'M TOO WORKED UP TO SLEEP.

My favourite parts are:

"There will be a zero tolerance for swearing"

&

"RBB supporters will be ordered to remain in their seats and to not 'compress' [stand shoulder-to-shoulder and jump and clap their hands above their heads ] when they chant"

My favourite parts are:

&

"RBB supporters will be ordered to remain in their seats and to not 'compress' [stand shoulder-to-shoulder and jump and clap their hands above their heads ] when they chant"

If enforced: no more "West" chant, no more Poznan.

Post it bro. Please.

^^^^ There you go.... the FFA , FOXTEL, the club, the businesses in Parramatta need to be at the forefront of this battle.

Wendy, the FFA have been creating this videos year in year out, but show me the one time they have come out and defended those same people they promote and show off in their videos every year?

FFA is another battle on its own the fans are fighting!

Cool heads.... We haven't heard that this is a certainty to go ahead.... as has been pointed out.

But there is NO way that what happened at the end of the season wasn't going to have hefty consequences.

I will start writing to FOXTEL. I did that in protest at the possibility that Ognenovski was going to be commentating on our ACL games.... others did too.... he didn't commentate on any further games. Not saying that was all there was to it. But you never know.

I will write to the Mayor, the Police Minister, and the Premier.

I will contact anyone and everyone I can think of and express my opinions. 

It isn't hard.  People power.... exercised in the right way, can make changes. 

My favourite parts are:

&

If enforced: no more "West" chant, no more Poznan.

Those restrictions are ridiculous overreach.  They cannot stop a sizeable proportion of 20,000 from doing that.  It's ludicrous.... and they would be morons to try it. 

First they came for the "Seat jumpers", and I did not speak out- because I was not a "seat jumper"

Then they came for the "Swearers", and I did not speak out- because I was not a "swearer"

Then they came for the "Aisle blockers", and I did not speak out- because I was not a "Aisle blocker"

Then they came for me- and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Mark my words- the relationship between police/security and the fans will get worse before it gets better. *They will come down hard on relatively minor transgressions this year- swearing, jumping on seats, blocking the aisles..... you won't have to worry about people deciding to "boycott" the game, rather than sit and be "non-active", that decision will be made for them in the form of bans.

We had a **** year last year. And bar a few incidents, the rbb were pretty well behaved. The main difference I noticed, particularly towards the end of the season, was the antagonistic and petty behaviour/attitude of the police. Seeing people dragged away from their seats, seeing the indiscriminate use of pepper spray ( amongst a crowd that included women and children)...... I think that gave a peek in the direction that the "stadium experience" will go....

The relationship between police/security and the fans will get worse before it gets better

At some point- people will take a stand. Whether that's a silent protest, a banner, a walk out... or a complete boycott- I don't know.

**I have no "inside information"- these are my own thoughts and feelings.

..... bump.

Very pissed off at this. I'm no maritime device wielding anarchist ACAB frothing mad sokkah hooligan, but this pogrom of OTTP police bullshit infuriates me. 'Old English football firms?' 'Potential to lead to criminal activity'?

FFS there are all manner of criminal acts happening at events like Defqon, in the pubs and clubs of inner Sydney, the suburban rugby league weekend matches, and the Geheimstaatspolizei of Parramatta think because some of the rambunctious wogs & bogans who watch the Wanderers might be a bit stroppy it's straight away 'ban the march, ban the clap, sit quiet and behave or we'll pepper spray you effnick quntz'.

Gonna be writing a few choice letters to a few people in power these next few days.

you cant be serious.

i can see the cove outperforming the RBB if this is reinforced, especially at the the sydney derbies

if this goes on all year the RBB will be humiliated without a doubt

That's the least of our worries right now. Even with us silent we will still be better than them. The important question is, what the actual **** will be the epilogue of the shitstorm that's been cooked tonight?

Edited by theguest7