Active ends @ Homebush

I can't keep going

But have a browse through these. There's several with two tiers behind an athletics track.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curva

I wonder whether the distance between the ear and tthe players is too much if the RBB are in the top tier, particularly for goal celebrations or after game celebrations when the team approach the RBB.??

It doesn't bother these groups. The noise will be amplified by the roof as well.

Edited by marron

I wonder whether the distance between the RBB and tthe players is too much if the RBB are in the top tier, particularly for goal celebrations or after game celebrations when the team approach the RBB.??

if they cant do it, it makes it all the more special when we return home to parramatta.

That's an interesting take on it. Problem being is that my cynicism says it will be much longer than what they say before we are back at our new Wanderland.

This is like the stadium discussion all over again - there's no great options.

I think someone in core RBB probably needs to go out there and walk around to check it out. Most of us are just guessing based off pictures etc.

Edited by btron3000

Stadium won't let RBB have the top tier I suspect....... they would prefer the RBB sectioned off in the lower tier and preferably have the bays in the upper tier directly above the RBB totally closed off and empty. I think given the option they would prefer the RBB down at the open end of the stadium, but as a compromise they will give the lower tier of the other end and only sell tickets above when absolutely necessary, the tickets above will be on an as needed release basis. This is what I am hearing.... all depending on membership sales of course...

Edited by Corcaigh

hats of to tranquilo- didnt even cross my mind about the wheel chair accessibility :clapping:

im not so keen on the second tier for a few reasons

players will not be able to celebrate with us after a goal like in the past

beer showers etc when we score...we will never here the end of it from members below us

is sheltered and some of my most memorable nights on the terrace are when it is bucketing down everyone in the terrace lifts (fighting the elements to support our club no matter the conditions is who we are) 
and it would stop us from doing our normal large lifting tifo's and we would be stuck with a drop down tifo (witch doesnt look half as good) because we will still be banned from doing pull over's so the drop down will be all we have. p.s @dukes would we even be aloud to use drop down's because it will cover entire bays of members just as a pull over would, they may not be in the rbb section but it is still working in a similar way to a pull over.

and just my opinion but what about having a chat to the players as a group and seeing what they feel pushes them the more... the noise the entire game, being able to celebrate with us at the end of a win, running in and celebrating with us after a goal etc... im not saying do what ever they say but just get there opinion on what are the most memorable parts and what  drives them about the support we create (would probably also make the squad feel more involved that the core values there opinion on the best way to create the atmosphere on game day)

The noise will be louder if you've got a roof. In such a cavernous ground, having the reverberation from the roof will help the noise of the RBB travel much further in the ground. If you're in the open it won't travel very far. Think about the issues the South terrace already has hearing the RBB, that will only be amplified in a bigger (oval) ground.

Also have to disagree on drop down tifos, when done well they can look great.

The noise will be louder if you've got a roof. In such a cavernous ground, having the reverberation from the roof will help the noise of the RBB travel much further in the ground. If you're in the open it won't travel very far. Think about the issues the South terrace already has hearing the RBB, that will only be amplified in a bigger (oval) ground.

Also have to disagree on drop down tifos, when done well they can look great.

i think drop downs can look good to i just think stand ups look better... the other issue is how long we have them up for, generally the stand ups are up for 5-10 minute and are up 3-5 minutes in to the game, if the drop down goes straight down and doesnt cover any seats no problem but if it covers seats the members will have a whinge it is no issue having the stand ups cover the rbb because we are not there to watch the game not so much for the members below us though. the stand ups also had this affect were everyone one lifted when they were dropped kind of like the curtains opening, was a mad feeling witch we would loose with drop downs  

i think it is also worth mentioning that active support isnt just making noise for 90 minutes there are a lot of other aspects that are involved and i think what many are saying on here is a valid point that the second tier would be better for acoustics and noise but if that is the only reason the second tie is the best option then is it really the best option? its not just about being as loud as possible there are several other elements that make the RBB what it is.

being in the top tier might keep the flogs away, seeing as you would be the furthest away from the game....

Great to see the elitism aspect of our supporter base hasn't waned in time since S1....  :crazy:

Top tier at spotless and lower at ANZ. For Spotless it will make the RBB louder and preserve the atmosphere that otherwise would be missing with no roof to keep the noise in.

We only play at ANZ for 4 games and for the two derbies having the whole area behind the goal being active would be awesome. This will only happen if the RBB are at the front (lower tier). For the two Victory games we won't sound as loud because there will be less people but I think it's a small price to pay for an epic derby experience.

Last night almost had me convinced me that top tier is not the best idea. Still A LOT of passengers in the RBB and way too many people not singing because they are getting caught up in the game and forgetting what 'active' is there for, only to start singing again after an attack dies off/the action slows etc.

Being in the top tier could magnify this problem and we end up with a whole bunch of non-singers

OR

the roof could magnify the sound and everyone gets into it more.

???

Three seasons until we get to be at the bottom of the stand AND have a roof? Man hurry up and knock the thing down!

I think we should go top tier for both, let the "sit down I can't see the soccer" crew have the lower tiers to themselves. The club should also be the ones deciding what tickets get sold where, not these incompetent stadia focks

Edited by ColdRock

I'm thinking bottom tiers ANZ for Active to spread back and top and top tier Spotless to utilize the roof and for the sake of doing something different - seeing more than the goal net might be interesting. Otherwise most all else is out of our hands so we're playing with cards already dealt. I'm also wondering how many ANZ members will show for the four games. Otherwise security needs to be dealt with as I'm anticipating a whole new raft of **** fights with them. I too fear Parra redevelopment will take longer than stated and the "excitement" from the Olympic precinct stadia is the cash cow they see in our arrival. I also want the bay configuration to be altered so that Active remains Bay56 Bay55 etc. Much sacrifice has been made in ink and skin for this to be wasted and if the stadiums or earth could be spun to ensure Active is Northern Terrace that would be helpful. Thanks Dukes.

It has to be top tier with a roof over our heads. I remember watching Australia v Iraq there. The Iraqis were sitting at the top and it sounded like half the stadium was filled with Iraqis.

i dont think level 3 northern end at anz would be possible. especially for a derby, if im not mistaken, it holds only 2,000 seats. therefore the majority of the rbb would have the be elsewhere.

i do like the idea of using the top tier at the showground though. we can even have our corner flag crew members fill the bottom tier below. would ensure the whole end is making noise. if im not mistaken, it would be the southern end.

You know what I'm looking forward to, mostly, wherever we end up, is the RBB being open again. 

Hoping that this will enliven things a little again. 

will it be open though i cant see them changing the way it has been membership only entry even if it is on the bottom tier they will most likely tarp of the Rbb from everyone else.

You know what I'm looking forward to, mostly, wherever we end up, is the RBB being open again. 

will it be open though i cant see them changing the way it has been membership only entry even if it is on the bottom tier they will most likely tarp of the Rbb from everyone else.

A man can dream!

A man can dream!

hate to disappoint you mate but FFA be like....

2576452dd864cbd926.jpg

Edited by wswanderersfc
Guest Melvin

Some young bright sparks in the mix might liven things up

Guest Melvin

Thank you for your consideration marron. It's nice to have a mature member of the website that doesn't make fun of me.

Give your expertise. Do you think if I signed up for a Red Black Block membership, I could be fast tracked for a membership where I don't have to wear my Wanderers merchandise? I might have to take this question up with the club. Or if the club rep is online hopefully he can upgrade me.

looks like a decision regarding where the rbb sits at anz stadium will be made very soon. im hearing that the mariners game was the last ever game at parramatta stadium. a home finals game will be played at anz stadium.