Off Topic Thread 4

mack

2 hours ago, Cynth said:

I’m sure Pfizer will make a vaccine that is safe and effective for Zombie Apocalypses! :)

You want me to say that they would hold back research on a cheaper treatment, don't you? Well I won't? I'm going to have a sensible conversation  

3 hours ago, Cynth said:

I don’t actually care whether Ivermectin turns out to be effective, we will find out soon, but these doctors were premature in their claims and used dodgy studies to come to their conclusions. 

From my understanding they were not doing studies at all- they were running overloaded US ERs in the middle of a pandemic, clutching at straws, trying anything and everything to save patients, and found repurposed drugs that seemed to make a difference.

And their observations are what they recorded at a later point?

In the meantime - John Campbell's sarcasm oozes here, as he talks about who "fact checks" scientific information/misinformation in social media....including his video from yesterday.

10 hours ago, Cynth said:

2 weeks apart. 

I read the follow up comments from these sad Tweets...and then what came up on my feed.

Mostly from doctors...but people here would call them "dangerous doctors" I suppose.

One comment related to yours was about churches convincing parishioners not to take the vaccines, and included a comment something like "we are living in the worst ever episode of "The Twilight Zone".

How true is that? Parallel universes, I think.

This is what came up on mine.

:unknw:

PS I don't "Follow" this person, but saw this retweeted by a Dr I do follow.

15 hours ago, Cynth said:

I don’t actually care whether Ivermectin turns out to be effective, we will find out soon, but these doctors were premature in their claims and used dodgy studies to come to their conclusions. 

I am sure it is effective - for horses. When it comes to Covid it continues to be wishful thinking - it “has” to work, to make sure the egg on people’s faces isn’t too obvious. Sounds like flogging a dead horse, really (pardon the pun). More spin from the spin doctors in the pipeline, no doubt.

In the meantime: 

https://theconversation.com/pfizers-pill-is-the-latest-covid-treatment-to-show-promise-here-are-some-more-171589

11 hours ago, Cynth said:

2 weeks apart. 

Anti-vaxxers will have an issue with this tweet - no one dies of Covid, but from “vaccination injury”. 

I am not making this up, I am hearing this stuff as much as the “planet earth rewiring project” announcement (the one that appears to have been postponed). 

In the meantime, Germany is heading for the wall. Warning: it’s probably fake news, so tread carefully. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59234443

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

I read the follow up comments from these sad Tweets...and then what came up on my feed.

Mostly from doctors...but people here would call them "dangerous doctors" I suppose.

One comment related to yours was about churches convincing parishioners not to take the vaccines, and included a comment something like "we are living in the worst ever episode of "The Twilight Zone".

How true is that? Parallel universes, I think.

This is what came up on mine.

:unknw:

PS I don't "Follow" this person, but saw this retweeted by a Dr I do follow.

I’m not sure what you are trying to say? That out feeds have algorithms? Yes. Of course. 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Anti-vaxxers will have an issue with this tweet - no one dies of Covid, but from “vaccination injury”. 

I am not making this up, I am hearing this stuff as much as the “planet earth rewiring project” announcement (the one that appears to have been postponed). 

In the meantime, Germany is heading for the wall. Warning: it’s probably fake news, so tread carefully. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59234443

That article is concerning. It’s so fraught. My anger says just let the unvaccinated get sick. Why are we protecting them when they won’t protect themselves? But then I also know they also pose a threat to their own vulnerable yet vaccinated family members and the community. 

58 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Yes...this will probably become the go to early treatment.

Should be a game changer.

Hopefully Molnupiravir is ditched.

So would you prefer a finger that can travel through time or a nipple that can dispense Talcum Powder?

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

So would you prefer a finger that can travel through time or a nipple that can dispense Talcum Powder?

Are you in complete control of the finger and can do what you like through time? Or is it just a rogue finger that has a mind of its own and you have no control over it? I'd be leaning towards that anyway as I don't have enough uses for talcum powder. Replace with beer or a preferred condiment, maybe.

7 minutes ago, Carns said:

Are you in complete control of the finger and can do what you like through time? Or is it just a rogue finger that has a mind of its own and you have no control over it? I'd be leaning towards that anyway as I don't have enough uses for talcum powder. Replace with beer or a preferred condiment, maybe.

The finger can go through time yes you can control it, but it's just the finger. I'm thinking the finger too. 

Although I'm worried that I might accidentally do something with the finger that would change history and therefore the present, like in doctor who 

Just now, StringerBellend said:

The finger can go through time yes you can control it, but it's just the finger. I'm thinking the finger too. 

Although I'm worried that I might accidentally do something with the finger that would change history and therefore the present, like in doctor who 

What do you have to do to control the finger and get to a point I  time though, there is lots you can do with a finger...

40 minutes ago, Cynth said:

That article is concerning. It’s so fraught. My anger says just let the unvaccinated get sick. Why are we protecting them when they won’t protect themselves? But then I also know they also pose a threat to their own vulnerable yet vaccinated family members and the community. 

Well Austria and Germany will be putting them in their place soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/12/austria-province-to-place-millions-of-unvaccinated-people-in-covid-lockdown

Unless concentration camps...or forced jabs...would be even better?

37 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Who'd want to trust talcum powder  after revelations that a certain trusted pharmaceutical company was using asbestos in its baby powder?

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/johnsonandjohnson-cancer/

48 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Why anger? I am actually starting to enjoy this, and it is easily fixed. 

https://news.sky.com/story/singapore-government-to-no-longer-pay-covid-medical-bills-for-patients-unvaccinated-by-choice-12464966

It’s a sky news report, so it might not be entirely fake. 

As Covid does not exist, or is just a form of flu, not that bad, or even harmless etc, the non vaccinated will not have any issues with this. After all, they are never going to go to hospital, but avoid getting injured by vaccination, right? Pop a few vitamin pills to boost the immune system, right?

Take them off Medicare and everyone wins (apart from nurses etc, who we are asking to mop up this mess).

The “pandemic of the unvaccinated” that is currently on the loose in Germany is a hoax, of course. But then again, should some anti vaxxer die of Covid in the process after all, well - that’s a bit like someone not believing in seatbelts and being flung out of the car is a result. In other words: self inflicted, tragic, and entirely avoidable. Can’t protect everyone from themselves. 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

If you have control over it than it's probably the winner. Can you only feel/"experience" through the finger? I.e. you can't see what it's doing? Could we attach a mini camera - GoPro style - so we can see what's happening?

Again, if it's a nipple with something more tempting I could be swayed.

50 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Who'd want to trust talcum powder  after revelations that a certain trusted pharmaceutical company was using asbestos in its baby powder?

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/johnsonandjohnson-cancer/

So thats the finger through time what would you do with it?

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/12/austria-province-to-place-millions-of-unvaccinated-people-in-covid-lockdown

And you are wondering why your Twitter feed is the way it is I'm really trying here 

@Carns yes you can experience things through the finger I'm not sure about the go pro idea as then the go pro has traveled through time and the idea of time travelling gopro opens up a lot of issues 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I’m interested though, hospitalisations and deaths remain down right? Not what they were before the vaccine. Why not let them out to be infected and get it over with? Numbers? 

2 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I’m interested though, hospitalisations and deaths remain down right? Not what they were before the vaccine. Why not let them out to be infected and get it over with? Numbers? 

This is not about saving lives as such, not directly anyway. It always was (or should have been) about preventing the health system from being overrun. Once that happens, society at large starts to crumble. And that’s what’s about to happen in Austria, and further north in Bavaria. That’s why we have lockdowns. 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/austria-announces-covid-lockdowns-for-the-unvaccinated-20211113-p598l5.html

Zero sympathy from me for the unvaccinated. Not any longer. They are playing with razor blades. As a species we are far too intelligent to be this stupid. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic